+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello Seniors,

I will apply to HK BIQ, and as its mentioned in their page i must complete the form Application for permanent residence in Canada (IMM 0008),
Should i & my wife complete this form (IMM 0008) or it is just me who must complete it?
Should I attach more personal photos for this form, or just the one which asked for the CSQ apllication is enough ??
How many photos should i attach for the whole procedure ?

Thank you

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Bachar said:
Hello Seniors,

I will apply to HK BIQ, and as its mentioned in their page i must complete the form Application for permanent residence in Canada (IMM 0008),
Should i & my wife complete this form (IMM 0008) or it is just me who must complete it?

Hi Bachar, you and your wife both needs to fill IMM0008 form. Check the option number 3 on this page:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/dcs-workers/list-documents.html

Should I attach more personal photos for this form, or just the one which asked for the CSQ apllication is enough ??
1 (you) + 1 (wife) + 1 (wife) on here CSQ Application. (you can double this just to be on the safe side)

How many photos should i attach for the whole procedure ?
I am not sure how many you need for IM0008 form as we didn't have to fill that one.

Thank you

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
STILLHOPE said:
:) my friends next is your turn. Because your file is in queue for long I m sure u will get good news very soon.

Thank you so much for your warm words and support my friend but I have lost hope that I will get the MR this year.

All the best to you.
Geribubaboy

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
lepatissier07 said:
@ STILLHOPE

Thanks. the interview was at the 20.Sept. My Officer told me i would receive it by mail the following week. The Processing Date on the letter says 5.October (2weeks later). They send it the 7th October. :)

btw, i've got one question please, may be you know it:

to confirm please, regarding the "Additional Family Information"-Form.

Do I have to complete this anyway, even if: 1. I'm Single, No Spouse or Common-Law, never married
2. No Brother, No Sister
3. No Children, whether adopted or not....
4. Parents still alive, but will never ever come to Canada

Meaning, they just want to know who I left behind, even if they will never come, and that's it ?! YES U HAVE TO FILL THAT FORM ,NEVER MIND THAT YOUR PARENTS IS COMMING WITH YOU OR NOT,IF YOU DONT HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS THEN NO NEED TO FILL THAT PART

Sunny Greetings, 8)
lepatissier07

P.S.: I have heard another not so (for me) important rumor regarding the QSW-PR-Visa which is valid for 5 years, 3 years or untill u get canadian passport so far. Is it true that
I cannot work somewhere else in Canada, except here in this Province? (the reason of CSQ) yes
What happens if i decide in 3 years that (Job issues for example) i don't want to stay here anymore? (I mean this Province)
Who knows whats coming up... I've heard they might revoke the PR if haven't stayed in Quebec, even if i applied for QSW.
What would have been if I would have applied for the FSW from the beginning
on, and then decided I want to work in Quebec..would it have been the same issue, (CSQ) just the other way around?! yes u can move to quebec because u applied for federal not province nominee. federal worker can move any where in canada. Province nomineee can work only on that province where he requestd to stay and work

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Bachar said:
thank you so much
and what about the size of photos? should I attach photos for baby?
Ofcourse you need to attach the photo for your baby as well. It should be on your CSQ form.
You need one of each photo for your IMM0008 form as well. Don't forget to include additional photos to be on the safe side.
The picture must fulfill the following criteria:

1 - Full front view of your head, you shoulders should be clear and your face should be in the middle of the photo
2 - Background should be light. It is adviseable if you get it in the white background.
3 - Your chin to crown should be 25 X 30 mm (1" X 1 1/5")
4 - Photo size should be 35 X 45 mm (1 3/8" X 1 3/4")

Please check this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7A.asp

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Thanks fReSco :)

Guys, I have the following question:

1) I have done my IELTS exam on June 2009, so in 9 months time (by June 2011) it will complete 2 years. Would it still be valid if I submit it ? or do I need to attempt a new test ?

2) My wife has done some DELF certificates between 2000 and 2003, shall we submit a copy of these or they are too old !? if yes, then shall we I submit the original or copy ?

3) As a proof of English knowledge I may enclose a document to prove that we have worked in English (as stated in Quebec immigration website). Any idea what kind of document this can be ?

Thanks

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
OsamaR said:
Thanks fReSco :) - You are welcome bud.

1) I have done my IELTS exam on June 2009, so in 9 months time (by June 2011) it will complete 2 years. Would it still be valid if I submit it ? or do I need to attempt a new test ?
If you have done your studies in English, you can enclose a letter from your university stating that you have studied in English. Same can be done for your work experience which you have asked in question number 3. You should request your employe to write down the language of your work environment in your experience or reference letter which will be suffice.

2) My wife has done some DELF certificates between 2000 and 2003, shall we submit a copy of these or they are too old !? if yes, then shall we I submit the original or copy ?
If you are claiming the points for French you should include them. As per my knowledge, DELF certifications don't expire so there shouldn't be any problem in that.

3) As a proof of English knowledge I may enclose a document to prove that we have worked in English (as stated in Quebec immigration website). Any idea what kind of document this can be ?

Thanks

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Thanks a lot fReSco, in regards to question number 1.. I have done my bachelor degree in Montreal and in English.. so I don't think there is a need for such letter !! I mean they would definitely know !! What do u think ?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
OsamaR said:
Thanks a lot fReSco, in regards to question number 1.. I have done my bachelor degree in Montreal and in English.. so I don't think there is a need for such letter !! I mean they would definitely know !! What do u think ?
Yes correct, in that case you mention this thing explicitly in your cover letter about your bachelor degree and instructions of teaching is English.

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
thanks for the quick reply @ STILLHOPE .

That'll be it from my side so far. Readya soon,

lepatissier07

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
fReSco said:
Yes correct, in that case you mention this thing explicitly in your cover letter about your bachelor degree and instructions of teaching is English.
Thanks Buddy :)

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
OsamaR said:
Thanks fReSco :)

1) I have done my IELTS exam on June 2009, so in 9 months time (by June 2011) it will complete 2 years. Would it still be valid if I submit it ? or do I need to attempt a new test ? if u want to send with your documents then still file because they want to c proof about your english, so better send with your application thats fine

2) My wife has done some DELF certificates between 2000 and 2003, shall we submit a copy of these or they are too old !? if yes, then shall we I submit the original or copy ? it also prove that u have some knowledge about french, so it is not harm to send with your application again it make good impact not bad

3) As a proof of English knowledge I may enclose a document to prove that we have worked in English (as stated in Quebec immigration website). Any idea what kind of document this can be ? fresco already explained you

hope this help u
Thanks

shazam79

Oct 7, 2011
Re: THE CSQ & LABOR MARKET OPINION (LMO)

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if you fully understood my question. Of course, the plan is to apply for pr as soon as I get the csq - that is the sole reason as to why I'm doing all this.
Thanks.