Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
Dear DONSOFT/QUEBEC2011/ANGELEYE
I would really appreciate if any one can advise me what are my chances.
Education Master of Computer Science 16 years education
Experience More than 5 years as CRC(Centeral Reservation Center) Analyst in Airline
French Basic-Level-1

will the interviewer eveluate my degree and expereince in the field of my education? I am working in an airline but not purely as software engineer.
More i got my degree in 2002 and i applied for CSQ in 2010. I am working as CRC Analyst since 2004, this is what i mentioned in my case.

do i need to know any thing prior to my interview as i saw one friend in this forum who's CSQ was denied due to expereince and diploma issues.
i am worried about mine now.

regards

mazhar

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
DONSOFT said:
The diploma was obviously not considered. Most likely the equivalent in Quebec would give you less points than Biology and that was why they considered your degree instead.

You need to convince them that your diploma is equivalent to Pharmacy Technology Diploma in Quebec and that way you can earn your full points for area of Training. You do not even need to show any related experience in this area since the diploma was obtained less than five years ago.

As for experience, i believe you should be able to claim your points easily. You only need to write a strongly worded cover letter with very valid points and also include all possible work documents including but not limited to Pay slip, Salary account statement, Social Insurance contribution history, letter of employment, letter of reference from your employer etc

Good luck
I'm a little unsettled by your statement "Always get your facts right before posting to avoid confusing others that may be reading." buddy. I admit that I might have been wrong about the work experience advice I gave Montreal. However, I find it more troublesome to read how you authoritatively state that Montreal pharmaceutical diploma was not considered and that his Biology diploma had been used then.

Read the 2009 Areas of Training as well as the 2009 Areas of Preferred Training for yourself and verify that a BS Biology will only give you 6 points. Whereas a Phama Diploma will give you 12. It is highly unlikely that 12 points would have been granted to his Biology Diploma.

rugzo

Aug 5, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I am an international student in NYC at an ABET credited engineering school. I have three semesters to complete my undergrad degree. I am not planning to spend time and look for work and for a sponsor for H1 work visa in NYC. I want to relocate to Canada and most probably to Quebec.

My questions are:
How long does it take to get a green light to land in Quebec?
Can I apply towards the end of my degree or Should I wait until I graduate?
Has anyone taken the French test? How is it in general?
Those of you who are engineers in Quebec, how is the work situation? Your experiences as an immigrant?
Is there anyone who went to Quebec immediately after graduating from university?

Thank you for your answers.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Shahi and others who have reached Quebec.

hi guys. how is life in Quebec. Could you please share some words of experience or perhaps guidance for us aspirants. :'(

avelino

Jul 23, 2011
manoylo_bg said:
FINALLY!

Please provide this office with your original passport in order that immigrant visas may be affixed in the passport.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!
Cestitam! :D

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Many Many Congratulations!
Wish you good luck for this new journey....!
manoylo_bg said:
FINALLY!

Please provide this office with your original passport in order that immigrant visas may be affixed in the passport.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi Kaps1706,
I am also in need for the same info.
So I check on the net for test centres of TEFaQ in India. It showed as "Alliance Francaise" is their authorized test conducting body.

But, when I inquired at Alliance Francaise centre in my city, they didnot responed in any affirmative.

The lady at reception desk told me that They seldom take TEF or TEFaQ test, as they have less students seeking this test, and they only take DELF/DALF test, that too after completion of 150 hours of study for each level A1, A2 etc.

So, why not you check with your local AF centre or AF center in nearby city and ask them about TEFaQ test?

Also share the response here.

What i
Kaps1706 said:
Anyone out here can help me with the info if TCFaQ or TEFaQ is conducted in India, if yes, where?

Thanks..

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@ montreal789,

Pls can you share exact points given by BIQ with for each criteria with your qualifications:

1. a. points for Educational Attainment –
b. Area of Training –
2. Work Experience -
3. Age -
4. Language
a. English -
b. French -
5. Family and Stay in Quebec -

6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment -
b. Area of Training -
c. Age -
d. French -

7. Validated Job Offer -

8. Children –

9. Financial Self Sufficiency –

montreal789 said:
Thanks very much Donsoft for evaluating my case. It's soooo very strange to me that they did not award me any points for work experience. What I have done, is locate the NOC code and match it to each occupation which I will provide to them. If they offered an explanation as to why they denied me points then I would feel better. But I need to know why before I reconsider applying again in the future. I have supplied with any and all evidence of work experience. Work certificates, employment offer, pay stubs, tax contributions etc.

As for my pharm tech diploma, I will once again submit a copy of my diploma, transcript, course outline etc...

At this point I just NEED answers!!!! The outcome of the admin review will help me very much in the future.

Thank you very much for seeing where I'm coming from and for your advice.

God Bless!

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
Denied August, 1, 2011 - Filed for admin review.
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2011 (New AOR on May 6)
mkshah said:
@ montreal789,

Pls can you share exact points given by BIQ with for each criteria with your qualifications:

1. a. points for Educational Attainment – 10/12
b. Area of Training –0/16
2. Work Experience -0/8
3. Age - 16/16
4. Language
a. English - 6/6
b. French - 6/16
5. Family and Stay in Quebec - 0

No spouse.

6. Characteristics of spouse or common-law partner
a. Educational Attainment -
b. Area of Training -
c. Age -
d. French -

7. Validated Job Offer -

8. Children –

9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1/1

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
bluecougar26 said:
I'm a little unsettled by your statement "Always get your facts right before posting to avoid confusing others that may be reading." buddy. - just a little word of advise, no harm meant, hope you understand? I admit that I might have been wrong about the work experience advice I gave Montreal - that's the spirit bro!. However, I find it more troublesome to read how you authoritatively state that Montreal pharmaceutical diploma was not considered and that his Biology diploma had been used then - yea, i was only trying to draw a conclusion based on the information Montreal789 provided ... it is very obvious they only considered the Biology Bachelors degree .

Read the 2009 Areas of Training as well as the 2009 Areas of Preferred Training for yourself and verify that a BS Biology will only give you 6 points - yea i did verify and cannot agree less with you on this. Whereas a Phama Diploma will give you 12 - there was never a contention bro as this is easily seen on List Training document. It is highly unlikely that 12 points would have been granted to his Biology Diploma - 12 points was not awarded to him at any point, find his details below for more clarification.

1. a. points for Educational Attainment – 10/12 - (highest educational qualification = Bachelors Degree = 10 points)
b. Area of Training –0/16 - (no experience in his area of training and his Biology Bachelors degree happens to be older than 5 years = 0)
2. Work Experience -0/8 - really not clear why they gave him zero here ... as i stated earlier, maybe his experience was considered lower than his bachelors degree in biology -- left to him to prove otherwise --
3. Age - 16/16
4. Language
a. English - 6/6
b. French - 6/16
9. Financial Self Sufficiency – 1/1

Just my two cents ... Hope the explanation clear your doubts!

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@montreal789

Were you interviewed prior to getting the rejection letter or were you sent an "intent to reject" letter? Because a few months back I also received an "intent to reject" letter because they calculated my using my biology degree (I have two degrees just like you, biology and nursing). After I sent them a letter explaining their error and resent my transcripts and diploma in Nursing I received an invitation for an interview after five months.

Good luck and don't lose hope!

montreal789

Star Member
Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Nomination.....
Denied August, 1, 2011 - Filed for admin review.
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Feb 2011 (New AOR on May 6)
solokru said:
@ montreal789

Were you interviewed prior to getting the rejection letter or were you sent an "intent to reject" letter? Because a few months back I also received an "intent to reject" letter because they calculated my using my biology degree (I have two degrees just like you, biology and nursing). After I sent them a letter explaining their error and resent my transcripts and diploma in Nursing I received an invitation for an interview after five months.

Good luck and don't lose hope!
Hi Solokru. Thank you very much for responding to my case.

Surprisingly enough I only received a rejection letter. I never made it to an interview. I always thought that they would send an "intent to reject or refuse" with 60 days to provide additional documents that may help your case. I guess with mine, they rushed to judgement.

Wow...I can't believe they overlooked your nursing degree especially since it's in the priority list. This is what makes me believe that they only take into account the "higher degree" which is the Bachelor's, because it's greater than a diploma. Even in the Quebec immi procedure guide it states that they have to consider which diploma will give the applicant the most points. Do they not follow this rule?????

I'm glad that you finally got an interview. You are the second person who I've encountered with a similar case as mine.

Did you mail your documents to montreal for admin review? After how long did you hear from them?

Thanks again for your input and encouragement.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
montreal789 said:
@ montreal789, DONSOFT, bluecougar26

while searching on quebec immigration website, I came across this info.

link is
www dot immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/selection-process/index dot html

[blue]This may be the reason, they didnt awarded points for work experience.[/blue]

[blue]Other members pls comment.[/blue]
The Immigration-Québec office serving your country checks that all the required documents are included in your application and if it is eligible for priority processing. Your application is eligible for priority processing if:

•you or your spouse, if applicable, have received a job offer from a Québec employer, and it meets the MICC's validation conditions. Ask your future employer to consult the section Steps taken by the employer for hiring a permanent foreign worker;

or

your area of training or that of your spouse, if applicable, is indicated on the 2009 List of preferred areas of training. If it is on the list, you must have acquired your diploma within the last five years or have practised an occupation that corresponds to this diploma for at least one year over the course of the last five years.

An acknowledgment of receipt is usually sent to you to confirm your application when the file is complete or, if applicable, to indicate that your application will be prioritized for processing. If your file is incomplete, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt with a list of missing documents as well as the deadlines for submitting them.

Your file will only be assessed once all of the missing documents have been received.

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
Are we going to send the original of the contract signed or just the photocopy? i.e self-sufficiency

Thanks

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
applicante.ph said:
Are we going to send the original of the contract signed or just the photocopy? i.e self-sufficiency

Thanks
Original form should be sent, you only need to keep a copy of all the forms you are sending out.