QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theurn2000 said:
i wana apply to quebic as nurse but i dont speak french and i dont have job offer what shall i do do i have a chance???????????????
nurse is a very regulated profession in quebec. you need to at least have an advance intermediate level in French to practice as a nurse. you need to take French exams. how can you become a nurse in Quebec if you don't speak advance intermediate French? and to have at least advance intermediate in French it takes a looooot of your time.

richardrn

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
good day, i just want to ask some questions. i am a nurse, 26, married with a child. I have 2 1/2 years experience. i took acad IELTS and got 7.5 speaking, 7 listening, 6.5 writing, 6 reading. i would like to ask if this would be enough in applying for QSW?

second. what agency will you recommend.
3rd. is there a need for French language proficiency before applying for PR? i heard from one of the agency that there's no need to have french skill to apply. although i am really planning to take up french course in January.
4th. what are the papers do i need to prepare?

sorry for the questions because im really new here. i was planning to undergo bridging program in Australia but my IELTS result fell short.
pls send me some links.

Jasvir Kumar sidhu

Aug 9, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
s152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 July 13
Doc's Request.
15 july 2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2013 file opened 21 nov13
can anybody tell.which month applicants are getting aor.I am anxious because mine is 26july13 and not get.

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
richardrn said:
good day, i just want to ask some questions. i am a nurse, 26, married with a child. I have 2 1/2 years experience. i took acad IELTS and got 7.5 speaking, 7 listening, 6.5 writing, 6 reading. i would like to ask if this would be enough in applying for QSW?

second. what agency will you recommend.
3rd. is there a need for French language proficiency before applying for PR? i heard from one of the agency that there's no need to have french skill to apply. although i am really planning to take up french course in January.
4th. what are the papers do i need to prepare?

sorry for the questions because im really new here. i was planning to undergo bridging program in Australia but my IELTS result fell short.
pls send me some links.
I think the pause in ASIA this year has something to do with the new rules in the oven ready to be served on april 2014. micc is cooking up something.... hmmm. I can smell it :p well if you ask me I say it is best to brush up your French up to B2 level at least before you apply, this is true if your intentions are genuine "to become a nurse in Quebec". if you go to Quebec with no level of French at all then chances are you will never be a nurse in quebec. your time and MONEY will not permit you to become, once you get there tendencies are you go get whatever job available there is inorder to have something to eat, pay bills, rent etc.... as this is almost always the case for most immigrants, do you think when you land in quebec you still have time to increase your level to at least conversational French or to at least conquer the French exams inorder for you to become nurse? as I said maybe something is cookin up in their oven, if you plan to submit I guess they will receive your file by January which I think you will not receive your AOR until June 2014 so you will automatically be under the new rule to be realease in April 2014. as we have seen their policies "no return no exchange", once they receive your file, your fees will not be returned if you do not meet the current required points, I guess you can imagine what I am going into this. but if you like to apply now because you feel like you meet the points then go on, mine is just wild imagination you may ignore it but I bet you, most if not all of what I said is true and realistic. :p

Geochaddy

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013 at BIQ Montreal
Nomination.....
12-12-2014 CSQ received
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
April 15 file received at BIQ Mexico
Interview........
Waived
carro said:
Hi Goechaddy,

The interview was conducted at the High Commission on West Kings House Road.
Thanks Carro.

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
Hello friends, I got an email from the BIQ on Oct 23rd with this subject: Décision concernant votre demande de Certificat de sélection du Québec - Candidat travailleur" stating that due to the new regulations I wasn't getting enough points to schedule an interview (48 out of 49 min required) this was mainly because of the loss of points in French (I sent TCFQ B1 comprehension -C2 production) and since I got B2 or more in one of the components the extra 18 months period wasn't applicable to me, and that I had 60 days to respond in case I had any documents to support the gain of more points in order to get at least the 49 required, thus leaving me in a miserable situation.

I took DALF C1 exam on November 12th and fortunatelly managed to pass it, below the results:

Now my concern is that I only have the attestation and as you may know, only the Diploma is valid regarding delf-dalf exams, but there is no way I can get the Diploma before December 22nd, so I would like to ask you for advice, what should I do? just send the attestation to the BIQ along with a letter explaining the situation?

According to their website http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august

12. What will happen to my file if I am missing two points to qualify and these two points could have been obtained by submitting the results of a standardized test for written French?

If it is clearly demonstrated that the two missing points could have been obtained by points attributed for knowledge of written French, a letter of intent to refuse the application will be sent to you, granting you a timeframe to present the results of a standardized test or proof of registration for a standardized test recognized by the Ministère.

Do you think I should cite this part on the letter as well? TCFQ didn't have writting/reading parts back in the day, so there went an extra two points that I couldn't get.

richardrn

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for the reply kumarbadalabad. Mgstudy po ako ng French in January. Ask ko Lang, when ba inaasess ang French language skill? Upon submitting the application ba? Kasi I heard po n pwede ka mag apply kahit wala French language skill. Is this correct?

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuro_shio said:
Hello friends, I got an email from the BIQ on Oct 23rd with this subject: Décision concernant votre demande de Certificat de sélection du Québec - Candidat travailleur" stating that due to the new regulations I wasn't getting enough points to schedule an interview (48 out of 49 min required) this was mainly because of the loss of points in French (I sent TCFQ B1 comprehension -C2 production) and since I got B2 or more in one of the components the extra 18 months period wasn't applicable to me, and that I had 60 days to respond in case I had any documents to support the gain of more points in order to get at least the 49 required, thus leaving me in a miserable situation.

I took DALF C1 exam on November 12th and fortunatelly managed to pass it, below the results:

Now my concern is that I only have the attestation and as you may know, only the Diploma is valid regarding delf-dalf exams, but there is no way I can get the Diploma before December 22nd, so I would like to ask you for advice, what should I do? just send the attestation to the BIQ along with a letter explaining the situation?

According to their website http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august

12. What will happen to my file if I am missing two points to qualify and these two points could have been obtained by submitting the results of a standardized test for written French?

If it is clearly demonstrated that the two missing points could have been obtained by points attributed for knowledge of written French, a letter of intent to refuse the application will be sent to you, granting you a timeframe to present the results of a standardized test or proof of registration for a standardized test recognized by the Ministère.

Do you think I should cite this part on the letter as well? TCFQ didn't have writting/reading parts back in the day, so there went an extra two points that I couldn't get.
Dear Friend
Dont worry i think after passing your DALF C1 you are on safe boat so according to me now you just send your latest french certificates on earliest basis sothat they can reconsider your application

Also i would like to know your BIQ and your country as i am march 2011 applicant from Asia

Regards

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Hello Guyz, I put up my file in march 2013 and got AOR in jun, but due to some reasons i want to withdrawal my file... my question is: will they give my money back ? if yes than what is the procedure ?

Jasvir Kumar sidhu

Aug 9, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
s152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 July 13
Doc's Request.
15 july 2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2013 file opened 21 nov13
anybody on this forum.who applied after 25 july13.pl.share if got anything.
when aor its already too late.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have Masters in IT in Business information Technology, how many points I can get on education?

khan1984

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2011
AOR Received.
06-06-2012
File Transfer...
02/20/2016
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mdammalli said:
I think, last mission for Delhi was in 3rd quarter of 2011, this was the time when I joined this group and people were updating this thread about their interview experience, after that there was one more in November 2012(I have not heard from anyone in this group about their interview), probably same time Pakistan also has mission but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the information.... Our application date is almost the same (November 2011 for both of us)..... Lets c what happens and all we can do is just wait for the mission to be updated.....

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbdelAllah said:
Hi, I have Masters in IT in Business information Technology, how many points I can get on education?
are you applying for federal skilled worker ? or quebec application ?

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, Quebec

megoman said:
Abdellah wrote: Hi, I have Masters in IT in Business information Technology, how many points I can get on education?

are you applying for federal skilled worker ? or quebec application ?