QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mina_888 said:

thnx alot for your feedback
i send my file on 23 / 7 / 2013 and till now i havn`t recevied anything !!
when should i get my AOR ?
my point was 55 but in new rules became 41 :S:S:(
will they give me AOR and 18 months to get B2 ??
and it is sure to get the points of AOT according to date of AOR ?? not date of studying the file ?
Where did you loose your points?

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
mina_888 said:

and it is sure to get the points of AOT according to date of AOR ?? not date of studying the file ?
1. AOR typically takes 4-6 months according to their website.

2. "Link Francization is an administrative measure of exception that provides for a special treatment to the candidate whose profile is interesting for Quebec but which does not satisfy the requirements due to the specific selection of a knowledge lack of French"

You satisfy the requirements for Francization, namely, you got more than 39 points, and you have an A2 level in French. However (this is just my opinion), I cannot say how sure it is that you are going to get that 18 month chance to get to B2 because MICC didn't specify how they will determine if a profile is interesting or not. Maybe give them a call to be sure. If you get an AOR later on, I think that's a good sign because that means you passed their preliminary checks; they could have just easily returned your papers if you didn't qualify or pass their preliminary checks.

3. A cursory reading will give us the impression that "Filing of the DCS" means either the AOR date or the date they received your file in their office; but it may have a different meaning for the people in MICC.

I suggest that you give them a call and ask your questions to be sure; at least, you'll be better informed before making decisions with regards to your application.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Subash said:
Dear Friends,
What will happen if draft money is not en-cashed within the specified period of time i.e 3 months?Will they request applicant to submit new draft by sending back old one? Next,is there any provision to contact applicants informing that their draft money is en-cashed?
Yes, they will send you a letter requesting for a new demand draft since the old one had expired. Once your money is encashed, they send you a RECU or a receipt showing that your demand draft went through. In my case, it is in this receipt that I got my File Number.

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raistlin17phil,

I am a fan. Hehe. You are so good in explaining. Lucky, us we have you. :D :D

rsb80

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2015
Nomination.....
24/11/2015
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
Passport Req..
25-4-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
10/2016
mina_888 said:

My sister has got File reference (AOR) yesterday on email... File was received by them on 27th June 2013...
She had claimed points:
Education: 6 (Bachelor of Computer Application)
Area of Training: 6 (Sciences de l'informatique (BACC. - 3 ans) – Code - U115)
Work experience: 8
English: 4 (L:6.5, S:6.5)a
French: 2 (A1--L:22, S:18)
Spouse Age: 3
Spouse Education: 2
Spouse AOT: 2
Children: 8 (2 children)
Financial Self sufficiency: 1

Total: 58

Moreover she had also sent copies of her reciept of fees of Delf A2 course that she is studying..

We are not sure if they will consider it in new criteria or old. There is nothing written about it in the email about file acceptance..

Below is the text and attachment of email that they sent..

Bonjour madame, monsieur,

Vous trouverez ci-joint votre accusé de réception.

Merci de ne pas répondre à ce courriel.
------------------------------------------------

Attachment Doc converted to english

Reference: Ref. individual HA0xxxxxx

Sub: Open your application in Quebec Selection Certificate

Madam,

We confirm the opening of your file and send you the receipt attesting to the collection of fees related to the review of your application for a Québec Selection Certificate.

We invite you to read the following to know the processing time during website:
<<Weblink ,,,forum does notallow to post weblink>>

If your marital status changes over the coming months, you will promptly send us the form "Amendment to apply for a certificate of selection" and all documents required to process the change request to the address indicated the end of this letter. You will find the form to the following address:

You must also pay the costs of this change. For current rates, see the following address:

In addition, you must contact us promptly of any change of mailing address or e-mail by post to the following address:

Ministère de l’immigration et des Communautés Culturelles
Direction de l’Immigration économique – International
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4ième étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

or fax

at 514 873-9265 for selection of skilled workers - Western Europe - Maghreb - Africa

or

at 514 864-9221 for selection of skilled workers - Eastern Europe
- Americas - Asia - Middle East

Thank you for your interest in Quebec and please accept, Madam, Yours faithfully.

Management of mail, the receipt and
of benchmarking

Reactions: yoloraw

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsb80 said:
We are not sure if they will consider it in new criteria or old. There is nothing written about it in the email about file acceptance..
They accepted their application. That's good news.
New or old rules, who knows. But probably new since the change is retroactive.
hope that helps

rsb80

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2015
Nomination.....
24/11/2015
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
Passport Req..
25-4-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
10/2016
proreo said:
They accepted their application. That's good news.
New or old rules, who knows. But probably new since the change is retroactive.
hope that helps
Thanx for the reply...
Do you have any link regarding the rules being applied retroactively...
Also it would be gr8 if you could give some idea about points calculation as in with new criteria for her profile...

She has finished A2 and started B1 last week and looking to complete B2 somewhere in next year..and then taking TEFAQ..

thanx..

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rsb80 said:
Thanx for the reply...
Do you have any link regarding the rules being applied retroactively...
Also it would be gr8 if you could give some idea about points calculation as in with new criteria for her profile...

She has finished A2 and started B1 last week and looking to complete B2 somewhere in next year..and then taking TEFAQ..

thanx..
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html

hope that helps.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If a person receives a notification from BIQ through a mail and it does not reach the intended person, is there anyway the BIQ ensures the message reaches the recipient.? As such, there are many cases where the mail is lost before reaching the recipient, will BIQ send a email always matching the notification sent as mail..?

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
If a person receives a notification from BIQ through a mail and it does not reach the intended person, is there anyway the BIQ ensures the message reaches the recipient.? As such, there are many cases where the mail is lost before reaching the recipient, will BIQ send a email always matching the notification sent as mail..?
swamik. they usually send emails, however, email can also get lost. If you wanna be sure you can try calling them from time to time. :)

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proreo said:
swamik. they usually send emails, however, email can also get lost. If you wanna be sure you can try calling them from time to time. :)
Thank you proreo, but here is the problem, everytime I call up BIQ, i could not get any English Response, Even if I press 9 "For service in English please press 9", it end up with french messages like press 1, press 2 and no English follows, hence my preblem. Is there anyway I can get English response from call center ?

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
Thank you proreo, but here is the problem, everytime I call up BIQ, i could not get any English Response, Even if I press 9 "For service in English please press 9", it end up with french messages like press 1, press 2 and no English follows, hence my preblem. Is there anyway I can get English response from call center ?
I am sorry to hear that. I haven't called them myself. You are saying you don't understand the French options? Can you perhaps get someone to help you with it and then you can try talking to the agent(representative) in English. Or, there should always be an option (because some people have old "pulse" phones) - try to hold on the line without pressing any numbers and it may eventually get you a real life person to talk to.
hope that helps :)

adi22

Sep 10, 2013
proreo said:
I had a similar problem with my mobile (Airtel) network (pressing 9 but still french voice message). So I used another mobile service provider to call the biq number. I was able to get through.

adi22

Sep 10, 2013
swamik said:

Hi Swamik, I had a similar problem with my mobile (Airtel) network (pressing 9 but still french voice message). So I used another mobile service provider to call the biq number. I was able to get through.