+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
marylatt said:
Not quite - #2 is not in addition to your other points. This confused me as well. Basically, you would get 12 for Level of Ed., and 6 for area of training. You'd have 18 in total, not 24. I was also hoping it was 6+ for Quebec diploma because mine is also equivalent, but no. 8) Now, are you sure yours is a Quebec diploma? I thought only diplomas from Quebec or Canadian provinces were treated as Quebec diplomas. Check this out:
Thank you for your guidance. As far as #2 option, they have demanded for quebec diploma or "equivalent", now equivalent degree is that which falls under mutual recognition arrangement (MRA) and as per my knowledge my degree falls under MRA. if i am wrong then please correct me.

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
marylatt said:
Not quite - #2 is not in addition to your other points. This confused me as well. Basically, you would get 12 for Level of Ed., and 6 for area of training. You'd have 18 in total, not 24. I was also hoping it was 6+ for Quebec diploma because mine is also equivalent, but no. 8) Now, are you sure yours is a Quebec diploma? I thought only diplomas from Quebec or Canadian provinces were treated as Quebec diplomas. Check this out:
One thing more i need to confirm,as you have told me that my experience would be in any field but must lie in A,B or 0 NOC category. Now as per the website
w ww.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/glossary.html#work-experience
they have demanded work experience above skill level D. now my experience falls in skill level C, now do i qualify for this as its not in A,B or 0 category

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
leenakhan said:
Thank you for your guidance. As far as #2 option, they have demanded for quebec diploma or "equivalent", now equivalent degree is that which falls under mutual recognition arrangement (MRA) and as per my knowledge my degree falls under MRA. if i am wrong then please correct me.
Oh, if you're under the MRA agreement, then I think you're okay to claim points. Your degree is from France, then? I'm not totally sure what the MRA agreement is, but I was under the impression that only France has that agreement with Quebec.

And yes, Skill Level C is okay according to their website. ;D

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
leenakhan said:
@ leenakhan

I got this from the Immigration Quebec website:

a training certificate that falls under a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) concluded within the framework of a mutual recognition agreement regarding professional qualifications with another government, for the practice of a profession governed by a professional order in Québec. You must possess the legal ability to practise required under this arrangement and this arrangement must have been implemented. Note that France is the only country with which such an agreement has been concluded;

I thought you acquired your MS in the same university? As stated in the website only France has an existing MRA with Quebec. Good luck though! I hope we all make it to Quebec.

@ marylatt

With the goal of accelerating the selection and arrival in Québec of workers whose professional profile corresponds to an occupation in demand, the MICC is now prioritizing the processing of applications filed by skilled workers who hold a diploma in one of the areas indicated on the 2009 List of preferred areas of training (PDF, 52 Kb). As with the 2009 List of areas of training, this list makes a distinction between foreign diplomas and Québec diplomas (or the equivalent). The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). Failing this, the candidate must have practised for at least one year, within the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, an occupation directly related to the diploma obtained for which he or she is being assessed.

This list is authorized by the Minister responsible for the Act respecting immigration to Québec for the purposes of applying theRegulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals. It took effect on October 14, 2009 and applies to all new CSQ applications as well as those already received by the MICC.

It seems work experience should be related to the diploma he/she attained.

Cheers!

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
solokru said:
@ marylatt

With the goal of accelerating the selection and arrival in Québec of workers whose professional profile corresponds to an occupation in demand, the MICC is now prioritizing the processing of applications filed by skilled workers who hold a diploma in one of the areas indicated on the 2009 List of preferred areas of training (PDF, 52 Kb). As with the 2009 List of areas of training, this list makes a distinction between foreign diplomas and Québec diplomas (or the equivalent). The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ). Failing this, the candidate must have practised for at least one year, within the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, an occupation directly related to the diploma obtained for which he or she is being assessed.

This list is authorized by the Minister responsible for the Act respecting immigration to Québec for the purposes of applying theRegulation respecting the selection of foreign nationals. It took effect on October 14, 2009 and applies to all new CSQ applications as well as those already received by the MICC.

Cheers!
Yes, but this is to get points if you haven't gotten your degree in the past five years, isn't it? Hence the "failing this"part. And perhaps to get points for your area of training, but in terms of getting points for work experience in general, I believe it's any experience higher than Skill Level D.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
E-cas status: IN_PROCESS ( We started processing ur application on 23rd NOV 2010).
with no specific detail of what has actually happened on my file. considering the fact that i am not likely to b asked to submit additional documents ( since i am a quebec selectee), does anyone in house knows the steps they might have taken and how long it might still take for medical request to come.

just curious

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
EGrace,
I guess the next update would be Medical Request!

Shahi

SINKiri

Jan 27, 2011
Hi everyone,
I am new in this forum. I have a question regarding quebec immigration. We moved to Montreal last year and my husband has a stable well paying job. We are hoping to apply for PR, my question is what are our chances of of being accepted in quebec given that we dont speak any french. My husband takes classes at his place of work but the progress is very slow. I havent been able to attend any classes coz they only seem to be freely available to PR and refugees. I will appeciate your thots on this.
Thanks

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
marylatt said:
Oh, if you're under the MRA agreement, then I think you're okay to claim points. Your degree is from France, then? I'm not totally sure what the MRA agreement is, but I was under the impression that only France has that agreement with Quebec.

And yes, Skill Level C is okay according to their website. ;D
Yes you are right,its only France that falls under MRA. I searched but unfortunately found that my degree does not fall under MRA :( Now as stated in the website, we can obtain points in this subcategory if a foreign diploma or degree recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body. Now how can i make my degree equivalent to quebec diploma? Would i have to attest my degree from somewhere or would i have to get a certificate that my degree is equal to quebec diploma? "OR" should i send my degree as it is, then quebec will decide whether my degree is equivalent or not? if it gets equal then they will give me points in this subcategory? Please suggest.....

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
solokru said:
@ leenakhan

I got this from the Immigration Quebec website:

a training certificate that falls under a Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA) concluded within the framework of a mutual recognition agreement regarding professional qualifications with another government, for the practice of a profession governed by a professional order in Québec. You must possess the legal ability to practise required under this arrangement and this arrangement must have been implemented. Note that France is the only country with which such an agreement has been concluded;

I thought you acquired your MS in the same university? As stated in the website only France has an existing MRA with Quebec. Good luck though! I hope we all make it to Quebec.

@ marylatt

Cheers!

Yes you are right,its only France that falls under MRA. I searched but unfortunately found that my degree does not fall under MRA :( Now as stated in the website, we can obtain points in this subcategory if a foreign diploma or degree recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body. Now how can i make my degree equivalent to quebec diploma? Would i have to attest my degree from somewhere or would i have to get a certificate that my degree is equal to quebec diploma? "OR" should i send my degree as it is, then quebec will decide whether my degree is equivalent or not? if it gets equal then they will give me points in this subcategory? Please suggest.....

In the second part of your reply, does this mean that if our degree lies in the high demand list, then we get points in the second subcategory (Quebec diploma or equivalent) ?

I am really confused here,kindly help me out

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
SINKiri said:
Hi everyone,
I am new in this forum. I have a question regarding quebec immigration. We moved to Montreal last year and my husband has a stable well paying job. We are hoping to apply for PR, my question is what are our chances of of being accepted in quebec given that we dont speak any french. My husband takes classes at his place of work but the progress is very slow. I havent been able to attend any classes coz they only seem to be freely available to PR and refugees. I will appeciate your thots on this.
Thanks
u still might qualify for selection by Quebec (without ur speaking french now although u must demostrate a willingness to know the language). the major thing is that u measure up to the cut-off point 2ru d combination of other factors ( in most cases tis usually a difficult feat to achieve without d French Stuff).
And since u said ur husband has a good job, i feel u have all it takes to get yourselve to a french class if u are truly desperate for it.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Shahi said:
EGrace,
I guess the next update would be Medical Request!

Shahi
Thanks Shahi. Hope yours is moving on well as well?

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
leenakhan said:

In the second part of your reply, does this mean that if our degree lies in the high demand list, then we get points in the second subcategory (Quebec diploma or equivalent) ?

I am really confused here,kindly help me out
Yes, it is confusing! If you look at this page: h ttp://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/informations/liste-formation-21mai2009.pdf, there's two columns. If you have a foreign diploma and your degree is listed under that section, then you can get the points. But, if the degree you have is only listed under the Quebec column, then you'd have to have your degree treated as a Quebec degree to get points. How to do that, I don't know - I mean, on the Immigration site, it says a Quebec diploma can be:

a Canadian diploma (if it is issued by the minister responsible for education or by a university of a Canadian province or territory);
a foreign diploma recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body, except if it is a medical diploma;
a foreign diploma or training leading to the practice of a regulated profession or trade in Québec, if you have already received authorization to practise this occupation in Québec;
a foreign diploma or training that falls under an MRA that allows for the practice of a regulated occupation in Québec, if the Québec regulatory body attests that you meet the required training conditions and, if applicable, the professional experience required to practise this occupation.

So it looks like if you can get it recognized as equivalent, you're okay. Maybe this is how you can get it recognized? I'm really not sure if that's what needs to be done.

ht tp://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employment/comparative-evaluation/index.html

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@leenakhan and marylatt

In the 2009 preferred areas of training you get 12 points if your degree is on the foreign degrees list and 16 points if your degree is on the Quebec degrees list. You don't get additional points for Quebec diploma/equivalent if your degree is on the preferred areas of training list but you get additional points in the domaine de formation (area of training). If you really want to get points for that, you need to have an equivalent of a Quebec degree. You must first register or apply in a Quebec regulatory body for them to assess the equivalent of your degree in Quebec's educational standards and undergo additional training/education if they would require you (in Quebec).

Take my case as an example, I'm a nurse here in the Philippines and my bachelor's degree in Nursing should be equivalent to 10/12 points under Niveau de scolarite and an additional 12 points for domaine de formation. If I want to have my diploma be recognized as an equivalent in Quebec to gain more points in the immigration process I have to apply to the OIIQ (Order of nurses in Quebec) for them to assess my credentials. I have already inquired to the order about this part and they have required me to send copies of my transcripts and diploma and after the assessment (which would cost around $1100 CAD) they could require me to undergo months of bridging program (according to other Filipino nurses in Quebec) afterwards I can take their registration exam and the required french language exam. I must pass both exams in order to be allowed to practice as a nurse in Quebec and only then should I be awarded the additional points in the Quebec diploma. This task would be really long and would probably be better if it would be done after immigration since it would require me to travel to Quebec and spend a considerably huge amount of money for my training and the cost of living for me to train there and wait for my degree to be recognized as a Quebec equivalent.

If there is a regulatory body in Quebec that regulates the profession that you are processing as a QSW then you should contact them and learn how to register.

As for the job experience I really do believe that it must be related to the job you are applying in order to enter Quebec. That is the main reason why you want Quebec to get you as an immigrant. If they need nurses, they wouldn't just get a person with a nursing degree but with 0 experience in nursing or has experience in other fields not related to his or her course. That is why I think you need to ask some other seniors because you have mentioned you have a master's degree in Management at the University of Punjab but have been working for more than three years as a customer service representative at a telecom company. Would your job be in anyway directly related to the degree you have?

Anyways, I hope that I have helped in your queries. I don't assume that I know everything since I have also have encountered some problems with BIQ HK regarding my degree in Nursing. I hope your application goes well!

Bonne chance!

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
guys, does anyone know here if a person has been selected for CSQ, will s/he receive the medicals on the spot along with the CSQ from the Visa Officer for sending them to federal or s/he will receive the medicals after submitting application to federal and wait for medicals?? After getting CSQ, Normally, how long the whole process takes for getting everything to be done??...Tnx ;)

Sher Singh