Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Hi,
Any interview updates for the month of October and November?

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stanchuks said:
I suggest you enroll for a French class, it really helps
Yes i know that, it would be really helpful but due to my work i cant attend the classes.
So most probably i have to prepare myself.

stanchuks

May 7, 2012
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
harit79 said:
Yes i know that, it would be really helpful but due to my work i cant attend the classes.
So most probably i have to prepare myself.
Same for me too, had no time cos of the nature of my work, so i took a private french teach (although i paid through my nose)

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
nevillek said:
Hey folks... I have already sent my application for CSQ in July 2012... Now I've changed my mind because I can't wait for another 2-3 years so I want to go and study in Toronto or something for a year on a student visa and then get a work permit and start working and then get Canadian PR through that way... any ideas if this will affect either of the processes NEGATIVELY?
It's not a bad idea, and I dont think it's affect the process negatively because they 2 different process, but you may be forced to give up on the CSQ if you are planning on settling in Toronto.

Keep in mind that the plan is a bit risky and can be quite long too. You still need to be accepted in a school, have the fund to live and pay for tuition for the duration of your studies, get the visa, and also maintain good grades throughout your studies in order to graduate and be able to apply for the Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program.

If I were you, I would keep my CSQ application and continue with it, and still go to Toronto and study, get canadian diploma (it will be very helpful getting a job than foreign diploma). By the time you finalize you CSQ, you will be done with your studies, so you go to Quebec. you will still be able to leave if you want to after getting your citizenship. Now while being in Toronto, if for some reason you CSQ is denied at any point of the process, you would still have the option to then apply for the Canadian Experience Class at the end of your study. This gives you the option if the first fails.

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
m81 said:
It's not a bad idea, and I dont think it's affect the process negatively because they 2 different process, but you may be forced to give up on the CSQ if you are planning on settling in Toronto.

Keep in mind that the plan is a bit risky and can be quite long too. You still need to be accepted in a school, have the fund to live and pay for tuition for the duration of your studies, get the visa, and also maintain good grades throughout your studies in order to graduate and be able to apply for the Canadian Experience Class Immigration Program.

If I were you, I would keep my CSQ application and continue with it, and still go to Toronto and study, get canadian diploma (it will be very helpful getting a job than foreign diploma). By the time you finalize you CSQ, you will be done with your studies, so you go to Quebec. you will still be able to leave if you want to after getting your citizenship. Now while being in Toronto, if for some reason you CSQ is denied at any point of the process, you would still have the option to then apply for the Canadian Experience Class at the end of your study. This gives you the option if the first fails.
a agree 100000% with you man this is the best plan ever

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
I have to study french by my self, and prepare for exam by myself also
I have no option
do you think 2 month is enough just to prepare for TCF, I mean just the strategies of exam not the french itself?

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bachar said:
I have to study french by my self, and prepare for exam by myself also
I have no option
do you think 2 month is enough just to prepare for TCF, I mean just the strategies of exam not the french itself?
Thanks Bachar for your prompt reply.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
stanchuks said:
Ok Thanks Man,

On the issue of transcripts, can't i obtain it and send it with my application?
I believe it would be addressed to the evaluation office, stamped and sealed in an envelope with other requirements? Can i do this? Do i really need a file number to send my transcript along with my application?

Ok Sir, will try out the PM now. Thanks
I guess I missed this post and the previous two.

The transcript is expected to be sent directly from the issuing institute so if enclosed with the application it won't be acceptable.

For me, I didn't go to the issuing body to certify anything and I scaled through the process that way, probably I was lucky, just try to get all requirements as much as possible.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
m81 said:

Dear m81,

Thanks a lot for your kind response. Ofcourse, I am not going to cancel my CSQ application sent in July 2012 since I have already paid a hefty 750C$ with the application but that process won't let me land in Canada until atleast December 2014 or even longer. Also, there's no guarantee I will get the CSQ in my interview, which is probably not happening until atleast December 2013.

Applying for a student visa would let me land in Canada by September 2013. After the completion of a one-year post-graduate course, I would get a one-year work permit after the completion of which I can apply for Canadian PR through the Canadian Experience Class program. Also, there is an Alberta PNP program that lets you apply for PR after 6 months of work experience and you're allowed to stay in Canada till you get the PR even if your work permit has expired provided you're employed with the same company. So this route is 100% guaranteed to fetch the PR.

Ideally speaking, I could care less about the CSQ now if I have decided to go the above route and it doesn't matter to me whether it is accepted or denied. Ofcourse, I will let it process but I am not compelled to go to Quebec anymore. Actually, how would I even attend the CSQ interview or whatever in my home country if I am studying/working in Canada during that period? Also, the authorities would wonder why didn't I study in Quebec if I applied for CSQ and chose Toronto instead? So chances of getting CSQ are anyways less than.

My main concern is I want to be sure that when I apply for the PR through the study-work route and the authorities know that I had also applied for CSQ, there shouldn't be any problems getting the PR.

Otherwise I will be losing out on BOTH, Quebec and the rest of Canada!

I feel stupid actually to change my mind after having invested so much time in learning upto B2 level of French and also the time and money to file the application. But honestly, the wait is just too long and as you said, it's difficult to get a job without a Canadian degree anyway!

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
nevillek said:
Dear m81,

Thanks a lot for your kind response. Ofcourse, I am not going to cancel my CSQ application sent in July 2012 since I have already paid a hefty 750C$ with the application but that process won't let me land in Canada until atleast December 2014 or even longer. Also, there's no guarantee I will get the CSQ in my interview, which is probably not happening until atleast December 2013.

Applying for a student visa would let me land in Canada by September 2013. After the completion of a one-year post-graduate course, I would get a one-year work permit after the completion of which I can apply for Canadian PR through the Canadian Experience Class program. Also, there is an Alberta PNP program that lets you apply for PR after 6 months of work experience and you're allowed to stay in Canada till you get the PR even if your work permit has expired provided you're employed with the same company. So this route is 100% guaranteed to fetch the PR.

Ideally speaking, I could care less about the CSQ now if I have decided to go the above route and it doesn't matter to me whether it is accepted or denied. Ofcourse, I will let it process but I am not compelled to go to Quebec anymore. Actually, how would I even attend the CSQ interview or whatever in my home country if I am studying/working in Canada during that period? Also, the authorities would wonder why didn't I study in Quebec if I applied for CSQ and chose Toronto instead? So chances of getting CSQ are anyways less than.

My main concern is I want to be sure that when I apply for the PR through the study-work route and the authorities know that I had also applied for CSQ, there shouldn't be any problems getting the PR.

Otherwise I will be losing out on BOTH, Quebec and the rest of Canada!

I feel stupid actually to change my mind after having invested so much time in learning upto B2 level of French and also the time and money to file the application. But honestly, the wait is just too long and as you said, it's difficult to get a job without a Canadian degree anyway!

Ok, now I understand, I thought you were giving up on the CSQ because you said 'you changed your mind'. Dont look at it that way, you sure not stupid, by doing this I believe that you are increasing your chance because even by going there to study etc...that route is not guaranteed either. The plan is simple (like many plans), but you know how life is..lots of bumps that we dont see. You just never know. It's just better to have a plan...and a backup plan, and this is just it.

I believe the study must be 2 years (not 1), just check to make sure. Also dont forget that you have to inform immigration office about any changes, so when you move, you will have to give them your new address. So they will know where you are and your interview should be in canada then. For the explanation about choosing Toronto instead of Quebec, well there are so many excuses you could come up with depending on what you doing...example...you believe that the program you chose is best taught at that school, it's less expensive that in quebec, you have friends there that can help you, and could go on and on with things you could say, and that none could just go ahead and go agains you for that. best of all you can say that you wanted to have a good idea about canada in general and that you took the time (during break) to actually go to Quebec! ;-)

For these things it's all about being prepared and that what you say is logical, you dont even (and shouldn't) lie. I believe that when (if) you do apply for PR, you should cancel your application for CSQ because I think there would a conflict there. I dont think you can lose both, I think the more recent application would cancel the oldest one. However, the best answer for this would definitely come from an attorney though.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
m81 said:
Ok, now I understand, I thought you were giving up on the CSQ because you said 'you changed your mind'. Dont look at it that way, you sure not stupid, by doing this I believe that you are increasing your chance because even by going there to study etc...that route is not guaranteed either. The plan is simple (like many plans), but you know how life is..lots of bumps that we dont see. You just never know. It's just better to have a plan...and a backup plan, and this is just it.

I believe the study must be 2 years (not 1), just check to make sure. Also dont forget that you have to inform immigration office about any changes, so when you move, you will have to give them your new address. So they will know where you are and your interview should be in canada then. For the explanation about choosing Toronto instead of Quebec, well there are so many excuses you could come up with depending on what you doing...example...you believe that the program you chose is best taught at that school, it's less expensive that in quebec, you have friends there that can help you, and could go on and on with things you could say, and that none could just go ahead and go agains you for that. best of all you can say that you wanted to have a good idea about canada in general and that you took the time (during break) to actually go to Quebec! ;-)

For these things it's all about being prepared and that what you say is logical, you dont even (and shouldn't) lie. I believe that when (if) you do apply for PR, you should cancel your application for CSQ because I think there would a conflict there. I dont think you can lose both, I think the more recent application would cancel the oldest one. However, the best answer for this would definitely come from an attorney though.
Dear m81, thanks for the great advice again. You said the study period should be 2 years. However, I have a friend who went to study a 1-year post-graduate program and therefore got a 1-year work permit, whereby he moved to Alberta and started working. After completing 6 months of work, he can apply for PR via some Alberta PNP program which I have explained above. So that route doesn't require 2 years of study I guess. Not very sure if you're applying for the PR through the Canadian Work Experience Class category but you are probably right about the 2 years there as per this page below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
nevillek said:
Dear m81, thanks for the great advice again. You said the study period should be 2 years. However, I have a friend who went to study a 1-year post-graduate program and therefore got a 1-year work permit, whereby he moved to Alberta and started working. After completing 6 months of work, he can apply for PR via some Alberta PNP program which I have explained above. So that route doesn't require 2 years of study I guess. Not very sure if you're applying for the PR through the Canadian Work Experience Class category but you are probably right about the 2 years there as per this page below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

They are changing the CEC requirements so that those with 1 year skilled work experience can apply under the CEC stream: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-09-14.asp

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
cvd222 said:
They are changing the CEC requirements so that those with 1 year skilled work experience can apply under the CEC stream: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-09-14.asp
That's the case even now, except for foreign workers who need 2 years work experience to apply under CEC (which they are going to change to 1 year I guess). But if you go on a study visa (as I am planning) you must essentially do a 2-year program from a Canadian university it seems and then you can get a 3-year work permit but can apply for PR after completing 1 year of work:

[size=10pt]As a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution, you must have one year of full-time (or equivalent) work experience in Canada after graduation.

Education is only assessed if you are applying as a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary educational institution. If you want to apply based on your Canadian credentials, you must complete either:

-a full-time Canadian post-secondary educational program of at least two years or
-a one-year Master's program (certificates and diplomas cannot be counted) and an additional year of education, obtained in Canada, before admission into the one-year program (for a total of two years).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/graduates.asp

So if you do a 1-year course, you can get a 1-year work permit but you CANNOT apply for CEC inspite of having 1-year work experience because your degree was not of 2-year duration. That is weird actually. Can someone please confirm this?
[/size]

stanchuks

May 7, 2012
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
4glory said:
I guess I missed this post and the previous two.

The transcript is expected to be sent directly from the issuing institute so if enclosed with the application it won't be acceptable.

For me, I didn't go to the issuing body to certify anything and I scaled through the process that way, probably I was lucky, just try to get all requirements as much as possible.
No wahala. Thanks Man