IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
JET u think that now for the lebanese the interviews will be held in Lebanon ? i mean for those that have applied last yea and before and were not called for interview yet????

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
RICOLUNA said:
JET u think that now for the lebanese the interviews will be held in Lebanon ? i mean for those that have applied last yea and before and were not called for interview yet????
Quebec should open an office in Beirut first. i think they will do it soon. when i made the interview in Damascus it was in a hotel room, so i think it won't be that hard to establish a small office in Beirut. and once they do that interviews will be held here

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Yes in all countries they held the interviews in hotels, not in Embassy. I hope i will catch the session March/april in Istambul, i've waited for too long

MAZHARRRRRRRR GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW MY DEAR, WE ARE WAITING U WITH DETAILS

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
RICOLUNA said:
Yes in all countries they held the interviews in hotels, not in Embassy. I hope i will catch the session March/april in Istambul, i've waited for too long

MAZHARRRRRRRR GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW MY DEAR, WE ARE WAITING U WITH DETAILS
Dear Ricoluna

thanks very much my dear vous etes toujour evite dans reppelle l'autres. I am little scared as u know exam is after all exam, even tough i have tried my all possible but still i wish if i could get good marks. thanks for encouragement and remembering.

regards

Mazhar

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mazharhussaen said:
Dear Ricoluna

thanks very much my dear vous etes toujour evite dans reppelle l'autres. I am little scared as u know exam is after all exam, even tough i have tried my all possible but still i wish if i could get good marks. thanks for encouragement and remembering.

regards

Mazhar
Mazhar, good luck my friend :)

Plz call me right after your exam bro

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Jet said:
despite what everyone will say i think this is an excellent news for us (lebanese applicants) they redistributed the applications to several countries, we won't have to put up and wait so they can finish for example the Iranians applications or the iraqis etc.. now for example turkey office will handle Iranians application and so on..

cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-01-31a.asp
Hello Jet
Check this also
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob380.asp

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
Bachar said:
Hello Jet
Check this also
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob380.asp
this will help the process in become way much faster

another thing

the new updated timeline (which is a total nonsense) for Damascus office is:

Last quarterly update: January 23, 2012

Damascus : 23 months

well i have been waiting 25 months and not a word about Meds !!

wdOnCanada

May 27, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
22-02-2011 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
22-07-2011 (Through email)
File Transfer...
Bucharest : 22-08-2013
Med's Request
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
Passport Req..
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
04-07-2014
Finally some news... some hope... I just stumbled upon the news that has been there for three days, and I see it was mentioned in different posts. I just wanted to post it here so that everyone can have a look and read. This gives me back some hope that soon things will start moving. Good luck everyone:

ttawa, January 31, 2012 — Due to the continuing violence in Syria, the Visa and Immigration Section at the Canadian Embassy in Damascus is closed and services have been transferred to neighbouring visa offices, Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism announced today.

“Following this redistribution, the visa offices in Lebanon (Beirut) and Jordan (Amman) will become full service offices,” said Minister Kenney. “Now applicants in those countries will have access to full immigration services in their home country.”

The visa office in Jordan (Amman) will also be responsible for all applications from Iraq, while the visa office in Turkey (Ankara) will take care of immigration applications from Iran.

Once the Damascus office is able to reopen it will be responsible for all applications from Syria. Until that time, anyone in Syria who wants to submit a temporary resident application should apply through the visa office in Lebanon (Beirut) or Jordan (Amman). Syrian nationals outside of Syria can submit their application to any other Canadian visa office.

Permanent resident applications from Syrian nationals have been transferred to Jordan (Amman) where processing will resume.

The visa office in Damascus currently has approximately 300 active refugee files from persons residing in Syria that are at the final stages and are visa ready. These files have been transferred to Jordan (Amman) for final processing and visa issuance. The remaining refugee resettlement cases for persons residing in Syria have been transferred to a secure location and processing will resume once the visa office in Damascus is able to re-open. The refugee resettlement cases for persons residing outside of Syria follows the same regional redistribution where processing will resume.

The closure of the visa office follows an announcement made by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) on the Government of Canada’s reduced diplomatic staff in Syria.

“The situation in Syria is too volatile and we need to find a more permanent solution for processing applications in the area,” added Minister Kenney. “This redistribution means that we are able to bring more services closer to applicants.”

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
RICOLUNA said:
Mazhar how are u dear, are u preparing well?.....u have 3 days left until ur exam.....i am sure u'll do just great!!!and keep in mind that whatever ur result will be, it can not be less than A1..it's impossible, and A1 means u will get 2 points...which is better than u have declared ( 0 points )!!!! so this will be the worst scenario!!!!
But i am sure u will get more than this, i will give u the grades now : B1 for Comprehension oral, and A2 for Conversation!!!!:)))
Good luck and keep us informed
Dear Ricolunai took the exam today, i was bit confused as listening was not too good but still i tried to do well so lets see the out come. currently i guess it will fall between [A2:A2].
what do you see now in my case another 6 points will bring total to 65 with A2 in both areas, I can claim these 6 points during the interview right? even though i declared 0, any good advice as usual? what will u call it bad result or good result considering my file.

regards
Mazhar

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
mazharhussaen said:
Dear Ricolunai took the exam today, i was bit confused as listening was not too good but still i tried to do well so lets see the out come. currently i guess it will fall between [A2:A2].
what do you see now in my case another 6 points will bring total to 65 with A2 in both areas, I can claim these 6 points during the interview right? even though i declared 0, any good advice as usual? what will u call it bad result or good result considering my file.

regards
Mazhar
Hello Mazhar, felicitation mon cher......tell us more about the oral part, what did they ask u, and when u're gone have the results????
Maybe u did better than u expect, let's wait and see, but definitely is better than 0 points that u have declared. Now they are OBLIGED to accord u the points according to the diploma that u'll receive.U'll go more confident to the interview, with no stress, u'll answer their questions without thinking that ur french is not good enough..... is v good u took the exam.
U have a good file, everything will be just fine, let's prey now and hope they will invite us for March/april session.
Regards

Robindesbois

Feb 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,

Could you please help me ? I got MBA degree major in Finance from Stamford University Bangladesh (Private University of Bangladesh). It took two and half years to complete. Visa office will count it or not, if I submit file for CSQ ? I need your valued & rapid response regarding this concern.

Thanks in Advance
Robin

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Robindesbois said:
Dear Seniors,

Could you please help me ? I got MBA degree major in Finance from Stamford University Bangladesh (Private University of Bangladesh). It took two and half years to complete. Visa office will count it or not, if I submit file for CSQ ? I need your valued & rapid response regarding this concern.

Thanks in Advance
Robin
Robin if the university is recognized by Ministery of education in ur country than for sure ur diploma will count for immigration.
U should check if it is accredited university
Regards

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
RICOLUNA said:
Hello Mazhar, felicitation mon cher......tell us more about the oral part, what did they ask u, and when u're gone have the results????

Hi Ricoluna
For oral part i was asked to pick two folded papers from A & B counters. the first question was that there are foregin language schools and i have to call them to ask more information. this part i did comfortably and i posed more than 10 questions, time for this part was 5 minutes.

second part was that, there was an offer from a market that is given on the internet, i had to convience my friend to do some shopping from that store. actually misunderstood and whole parted was rip-up. i have to communicate with my friend (who was examiner) for 10 minutes. I became nervese though i tried to explain, i know i did not make any mistake in making sentences used correct tenses but could not keep continue conversation.

for comprehension oral there 60 questions for 40 mins. i attempted almost 47 as long and difficult questions i left as it is. now i dont know how many are correct. my maximum geuss is A2:A2. it will take a month to get the result in written form but may be email information regarding result will come next week or after two weeks

regards
Mazhar

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Guyss i am :- so tired of this canadian Immigration...... :mad:...i've sent them a cheque in mid November for my new baby in order to be attached to our file, and guess what...now when i was waiting the invitation for interview, they wrote me back that the taxes were changed and for each dependent i have to pay 156 $ and not 152 $ as i did the check....!!!! But the check was done and sent and received by them much before the taxes were changed!!!!! now another delay of 2-3-4-5 month..... :mad: i am really sick of them

mazharhussaen

Star Member
Jul 31, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
DAMASCUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Nothing
AOR Received.
05-Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
No Applicable
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH
RICOLUNA said:
Guyss i am :- so tired of this canadian Immigration...... :mad:...i've sent them a cheque in mid November for my new baby in order to be attached to our file, and guess what...now when i was waiting the invitation for interview, they wrote me back that the taxes were changed and for each dependent i have to pay 156 $ and not 152 $ as i did the check....!!!! But the check was done and sent and received by them much before the taxes were changed!!!!! now another delay of 2-3-4-5 month..... :mad: i am really sick of them
Dear Ricoluna
There is always a postive aspect of whatever is going on, it is writeen like this by ALLAH for us, and I am 100 sure whether we could achive it or not in both cases there is kher for us so have patience and dont lose ur hope. Keep ur normal life with all possible joy and keep immigration project aside as a parallel business. Dont worry sure u will be succeded INSHALLAH.
u help others and boost other's hope so ALLAH is with u dont worry my dear.

regards
Mazhar