+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec 2010 Applicants Damasucs Visa office

kfzmm

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
lemans207 said:
@ kfzmm

TCFQ on 29 June in Dubai

I will sit for TEFAQ exam on 7 june in Abu Dhabi.

TCFQ easier youll do well but this exam not available in Abu Dhabi AF

TEFAQ when you solve wrong answer you get -1 point and for correct +3 so every 3 wrong answers cancels 1 correct.

but you hear the question 2 times , the oral is harder youll be given some ad in news paper and you have to call and ask for information.

TCFQ no -1 points for wrong , oral youll be asked 6 questions and you have to answer

I wanted to take TCFQ but when I called her it was last regeistration day.

Do you know when is the second TCFQ exam?

In AF abu Dhabi she told me in TEFAQ they will give me 20 minutes to prepare answer for oral ;D lets see how it will be.

maybe I will take TCFQ later if there is more time
salut
yeah i have heard that TCFQ is easier but I am still studying french and and I cant put myself in comfortable grounds yet. lets see how it goes. all the best to u for TEFAQ.
AF Dubai told me that maybe coming oct or sept next TCFQ.... may be u can try that time...

howz your french going? is it new to u or u had some exposure?

a bientot
kfzmm

kfzmm

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
kfzmm said:
thanks all for your help and replies

well i also did not get any receipt! I paid through credit card and the money was deducted through my account... thats how i first knew that my file is opened. then after some time i got the email.

now i am going to take TCFQ in June and if I dont have the file number so what options do I have to send the result? I believe AF also sends the result to quebec. Is alliance francaise dubai efficient in doing that?

whats the point of sending the file number separately when they are already sending a formal letter that the file has been opened.

@ Dsader could you tell me what was stated in the receipt you got and was it from cic quebec montreal?

Is it like everybody receiving the paper receipt or some also get only email?

one more thing regarding french and TCFQ. if anyone has taken it? whats the difficulty level and what kind of questions to expect. what you guyz are doing for learning french? Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks for all the help
regards
kfzmm
If anybody has info regarding this issue plz let me know.

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
Congrats Ricoluna !!! Welcome to the CSQ holders club, buckle up because it is going to be a long journey ! and don't believe the rumors about the 12 months thing, it takes years, i have been waiting for over 28 months now. but hey ! you got the CSQ and that means it is just a matter of time before you will see yourself landing in Montreal ! congrats again i am truly happy for you and your family.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
RICOLUNA said:
thank u dear, but at leat now i know that in 1-2-3 years i'll be there
Regards
Again congratulations RICOLUNA, and about the second file, you can submit it to the VO of your home country, it would be faster than Beirut VO

KbGold

Star Member
Jun 13, 2008
Congrats!

Nice sharing Ricoluna.

I think French is the only challenging part of your interview. I did two courses in French, however I forgot almost everything as I am not practicing French. I do not know, how to practice. I need a place like Quebec to practice French. Nobody around me uses a single word of French. I think I have revise it before my interview. I filed my documents in Aug 2010. My application was completed in Jan 2011 as they asked for few documents. I hope I will be called for an interview in next six month....lets see.

I raised a question in my previous email regarding interview call. How did you receive an interview call ? by mail or email or phone?

Regards,
Kbgold

RICOLUNA said:
My dears...i am back...and YESSSS i got my CSQ.I will write here my experience, hope it will help u guys and u'll all be back with ur CSQ.
First and most important : French is obligatory, study as much as u can!
My interview was 8.30 in Hilton Parksa Istanbul.The hotel is located in the Asian side of Istanbul on a hill, there is no commune transport to reach there, u can reach by taxi only.If ur interview is in the morning before 9.30 u need 10 min from Sultan ahmet area to reach the hotel.If u have ur interview after 9.30 u go early as there is much traffic and u'll need more than 1 hour to reach there.Do not stay in Hilton Parksa just to be close...the hotel is expensive and it does not look like a 5 star hotel.u have nothing around to vist.I really recommand u to stay in Sultan Ahmet area...it's v nice and all the historic places are here as well as lot of restaurants.But i'll tell u about Istanbul later, let's start with interview....
There are 2 black officers , a lady and a men. They came from outside the hotel at 8.15 am caring their laptops and small suitcases. The lady went to first floor and the guy went to - 1. After 15 min , at 8.30 sharp the guy came in the lobby and called my name...i answerd him in English YES SIR !!! Just after i realized that i had to answer in french !! :D
We went down with him and entered in a small simple room with a desk where he was sitting and our 2 chairs. He had his laptop on the table and our file, all the documents that i have sent before.
He started by presenting himself, my name is ... and i represent canadian goverment...we are here to clarify some things about ur demande d'immigration...and there are 3 possible answers u'll get: u'll be accepted, rejected or u'll get an intention of refuse and i will nedd 60 days in order to decide about ur file.
I will ask u questions and i hope ur answers will be direct and clear.
our interview will be in french, i will also check ur english skills and the efforts u have done in order to integrate in Quebec.
I will start with u Madame he told me
I want to see ur passport, kids passports and ur marriage certificate. I show them to him, he tooked each paper and was looking at it, typing and computer and asking me questions.
Have u ever applied before for immigration to Canada, when and what was the answer? I've told him that i applied for federal part in 2000 and i was refused for not having university diploma, no professorial experience and no relatives there.
He asked about my education...
What are u doing now, u are working
He did not ask to see the letters from employment, he only asked to see the taxes we are paying for social security
He asked me why i want to immigrate and here he changed in ENGLISH
He asked me to answer in english
After he moved to french again:
What i want to work in quebec and what i know about my profession in quebec
If i know the system of education in quebec and where my kids will go to schools
Are they french or english schools...gbut he knew exactly what schools are
After last question and that i found it most difficult was: Madam why do u think that Quebec will accept u?? there are millions of immigrants from all over the worls aplying each year, and now we have change rules, it's more difficult to apply....why do u think i should accept u ?? ???
I told him that we are a young family, we have 3 kids we are educated, have work experience, we really wish to make from Quebec our home, so i believe that we have all the qualities they are looking for.
He told me thank u MAdame ur interview is finished here, i will start with ur husband:
He ask for his passport and study diploma
He told him to answer long answers not short ones, couse he wants to check his french. My husband doues not speak well french
Do u speak french Sir? my husband said yes
are u sure sir? and my husband said yes again
What are u working
what u wanna work in quebec
is ur job reglementatd there?
what are the steps u must do in order to obtain a licence to work
why have u been refused when u applied for federal part in 2000
Aftr he suddenly stoped and told us, ur interview was finished , FELICITATIONS Madame et MR , vous etez acceptes < BIENVENU AU QUEBEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will print now ur CSQ , 2 for each membr of ur family, u'll send one for the federal part and u'll keep one with u, keep it safe couse at the airport when u enter u'll need it .
After i finish u check them well and u can ask any questions u want
Guysss i just lived th interview the second time with u now.....hehehee...what a feeling
He explained after to send asap second file and that we will wait around 12-15 month to get ur visa
And that's it !!!
Now in my opinion: they are very professional and know very well all the rules from ur country
They know everything about ur file...before, long berfore
he did not ask about my sister in low....
he did not ask for any other papers
even he did not checked attentive the documents
i think the decision is made before the interview , not by the officer but by the highest authorities in Canada....u know obtaining the immigration means that u are future canadian citizen and i don't belive that they leave this decision in the hand of one person.
I wish u all GOOD LUCK and i'll be here for any further questions u need
Now about Istanbul:
It's a very nice city...u should ge ur time and vist Istanbul as i did.
I recomend u to stay in Sultan Ahmet area, chose Sapphire Hotel ( 120 $/night), Evsen hotel (85 $) are front of each other on a pedestrian street full of restaurants, very quite and v close to center.I sow also Sultania hotel on sae street looked nice.
U must visit Topaki palace, Dolmabahce Palace, blue MOSQUE, Aya Sophia, Istiklel street in Takseem between 7-12 night, Princess Island u go by a big ship around 1.30 h, it's a v nice island where are no care, only vilas and u can visit by bike or horse....it's amaizing.., Camlica hill which is th highest point in Istanbul and it's amaizing.For all this points exist common transport, u can easily reach by yourself no need for organized tours.
I also rtecomand u CEMBERLITAS turkish bath, a v old bath, u ca have here full program : bath, oil massage, jaccuzi for 70 $ per person
It was a great experience, and i loved Istanbul
I am in hurry now to prepare my second file, anything u wanna ask, just do it
Regards

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
get a francophone gf ;)

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
RICOLUNA said:
My dears...i am back...and YESSSS i got my CSQ.I will write here my experience, hope it will help u guys and u'll all be back with ur CSQ.
First and most important : French is obligatory, study as much as u can!
My interview was 8.30 in Hilton Parksa Istanbul.The hotel is located in the Asian side of Istanbul on a hill, there is no commune transport to reach there, u can reach by taxi only.If ur interview is in the morning before 9.30 u need 10 min from Sultan ahmet area to reach the hotel.If u have ur interview after 9.30 u go early as there is much traffic and u'll need more than 1 hour to reach there.Do not stay in Hilton Parksa just to be close...the hotel is expensive and it does not look like a 5 star hotel.u have nothing around to vist.I really recommand u to stay in Sultan Ahmet area...it's v nice and all the historic places are here as well as lot of restaurants.But i'll tell u about Istanbul later, let's start with interview....
There are 2 black officers , a lady and a men. They came from outside the hotel at 8.15 am caring their laptops and small suitcases. The lady went to first floor and the guy went to - 1. After 15 min , at 8.30 sharp the guy came in the lobby and called my name...i answerd him in English YES SIR !!! Just after i realized that i had to answer in french !! :D
We went down with him and entered in a small simple room with a desk where he was sitting and our 2 chairs. He had his laptop on the table and our file, all the documents that i have sent before.
He started by presenting himself, my name is ... and i represent canadian goverment...we are here to clarify some things about ur demande d'immigration...and there are 3 possible answers u'll get: u'll be accepted, rejected or u'll get an intention of refuse and i will nedd 60 days in order to decide about ur file.
I will ask u questions and i hope ur answers will be direct and clear.
our interview will be in french, i will also check ur english skills and the efforts u have done in order to integrate in Quebec.
I will start with u Madame he told me
I want to see ur passport, kids passports and ur marriage certificate. I show them to him, he tooked each paper and was looking at it, typing and computer and asking me questions.
Have u ever applied before for immigration to Canada, when and what was the answer? I've told him that i applied for federal part in 2000 and i was refused for not having university diploma, no professorial experience and no relatives there.
He asked about my education...
What are u doing now, u are working
He did not ask to see the letters from employment, he only asked to see the taxes we are paying for social security
He asked me why i want to immigrate and here he changed in ENGLISH
He asked me to answer in english
After he moved to french again:
What i want to work in quebec and what i know about my profession in quebec
If i know the system of education in quebec and where my kids will go to schools
Are they french or english schools...gbut he knew exactly what schools are
After last question and that i found it most difficult was: Madam why do u think that Quebec will accept u?? there are millions of immigrants from all over the worls aplying each year, and now we have change rules, it's more difficult to apply....why do u think i should accept u ?? ???
I told him that we are a young family, we have 3 kids we are educated, have work experience, we really wish to make from Quebec our home, so i believe that we have all the qualities they are looking for.
He told me thank u MAdame ur interview is finished here, i will start with ur husband:
He ask for his passport and study diploma
He told him to answer long answers not short ones, couse he wants to check his french. My husband doues not speak well french
Do u speak french Sir? my husband said yes
are u sure sir? and my husband said yes again
What are u working
what u wanna work in quebec
is ur job reglementatd there?
what are the steps u must do in order to obtain a licence to work
why have u been refused when u applied for federal part in 2000
Aftr he suddenly stoped and told us, ur interview was finished , FELICITATIONS Madame et MR , vous etez acceptes < BIENVENU AU QUEBEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will print now ur CSQ , 2 for each membr of ur family, u'll send one for the federal part and u'll keep one with u, keep it safe couse at the airport when u enter u'll need it .
After i finish u check them well and u can ask any questions u want
Guysss i just lived th interview the second time with u now.....hehehee...what a feeling
He explained after to send asap second file and that we will wait around 12-15 month to get ur visa
And that's it !!!
Now in my opinion: they are very professional and know very well all the rules from ur country
They know everything about ur file...before, long berfore
he did not ask about my sister in low....
he did not ask for any other papers
even he did not checked attentive the documents
i think the decision is made before the interview , not by the officer but by the highest authorities in Canada....u know obtaining the immigration means that u are future canadian citizen and i don't belive that they leave this decision in the hand of one person.
I wish u all GOOD LUCK and i'll be here for any further questions u need
Now about Istanbul:
It's a very nice city...u should ge ur time and vist Istanbul as i did.
I recomend u to stay in Sultan Ahmet area, chose Sapphire Hotel ( 120 $/night), Evsen hotel (85 $) are front of each other on a pedestrian street full of restaurants, very quite and v close to center.I sow also Sultania hotel on sae street looked nice.
U must visit Topaki palace, Dolmabahce Palace, blue MOSQUE, Aya Sophia, Istiklel street in Takseem between 7-12 night, Princess Island u go by a big ship around 1.30 h, it's a v nice island where are no care, only vilas and u can visit by bike or horse....it's amaizing.., Camlica hill which is th highest point in Istanbul and it's amaizing.For all this points exist common transport, u can easily reach by yourself no need for organized tours.
I also rtecomand u CEMBERLITAS turkish bath, a v old bath, u ca have here full program : bath, oil massage, jaccuzi for 70 $ per person
It was a great experience, and i loved Istanbul
I am in hurry now to prepare my second file, anything u wanna ask, just do it
Regards

Hi ricoluna, congratulations! I'm happy for you !
What are the taxes receipt u presented? I didn't get it.. Where can I
Get it here in Dubai ?

palpouli

Jul 8, 2011
Hello my Friends,
I'm from Lebanon. I ‘m following your discussion board from beginning and I’m too an applicant of Quebec.
I submitted my file during August 2010 and still no news after that.
Ricoluna congratulation for your family, you are working v hard ON.

mef

Jan 9, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
11-10-2010 (Interview &amp; CSQ Received)
AOR Received.
07-03-2010 AOR (2):16-05-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
20-12-2010 AOR Abu Dhabi 31-01-2011
Med's Request
16-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2011 / additional medical on 22-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
26-08-2012
RICOLUNA said:
aaa i forget to tell u, after interview i asked the guy how many points i get..he told me 76 !!!!!!!!! he will not tell u if u don't ask, i was just curious to know.
Congratulation RICOLUNA, you have made it girl, all the luck
Mef & Viorica

dsader

Dec 29, 2010
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
Ricoluna,
I would like to thank you also for getting back to us and sharing your experience.
While others forgot after their interview. :)

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
dsader said:
Ricoluna,
I would like to thank you also for getting back to us and sharing your experience.
While others forgot after their interview. :)
I agree with you thanks ricoluna for your caring you are the best

affy1985

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Congrats RICOLUNA...

Good going...I am One month away from the TCFQ...Feel listening is a bit difficult but speaking and understanding..I feel I am getting a hold of French...Hope I get thru it.I fI get thru..I would just have enough time to speak french fluently...Do pray all....

Regards,
Affy

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
KbGold said:
Hi mft25,

How did you receive your interview call? (mail or email)
by email