+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine - 14 days. Toronto or Vancouver

Pratzz03

May 24, 2020
Hello,

I am planning on flying in to Canada to fulfil my COPR in July. I plan to first land in Toronto. With the new 14 day quarantine rules, I was wondering if it's ok for me to do my landing interview etc in Toronto, and then on the same day transit to Vancouver? Or do I have to do my 14 day quarantine in Toronto first?
Can someone help me?
Thank you!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I am planning on flying in to Canada to fulfil my COPR in July. I plan on living in Vancouver, but as I have an Ontario PNP, so I have to first land in Toronto. With the new 14 day quarantine rules, I was wondering if it's ok for me to do my landing interview etc in Toronto, and then on the same day transit to Vancouver? Or do I have to do my 14 day quarantine in Toronto first?
Can someone help me?
Thank you!
Your plans are problematic. Since you received PR through the Ontario PNP program, you are supposed to be settling in Ontario. If CBSA determines you plan to settle in B.C. instead, you could be refused landing and have your COPR revoked.

Truong Nguyen

Oct 6, 2018
Please. For the sake of simplicity and ethics, try to settle in the province that gave you the immigration opportunity.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am planning on flying in to Canada to fulfil my COPR in July. I plan to first land in Toronto. With the new 14 day quarantine rules, I was wondering if it's ok for me to do my landing interview etc in Toronto, and then on the same day transit to Vancouver? Or do I have to do my 14 day quarantine in Toronto first?
Can someone help me?
Thank you!
Agree with scylla that you could have problems. As you haven't even landed and are already planning to live in a different province than where you were nominated, you are committing immigration fraud.

Pratzz03

May 24, 2020
Your plans are problematic. Since you received PR through the Ontario PNP program, you are supposed to be settling in Ontario. If CBSA determines you plan to settle in B.C. instead, you could be refused landing and have your COPR revoked.
Hi

I do not plan to settle in Vancouver.
Was just asking as was planning to meet my friend in BC post my quarantine.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I would recommend you quarantine in Ontario to avoid any risk to your landing and COPR.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Don't listen to all these folks and their 'recommendations'. They know nothing, and are just fear mongerers. You can visit and quarantine with your friend as you are not settling in BC. Obviously he would be under quarantine along with you if you are sharing space.

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Don't listen to all these folks and their 'recommendations'. They know nothing, and are just fear mongerers. You can visit and quarantine with your friend as you are not settling in BC. Obviously he would be under quarantine along with you if you are sharing space.
His original post said he was planning to live in Vancouver, not visit a friend. There's a big difference, and that's what people were responding to.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
His original post said he was planning to live in Vancouver, not visit a friend. There's a big difference, and that's what people were responding to.
if his intention is to live permanently in vancouver, i'd be the first to contact ontario immigration and get him fast tracked out of the country.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
That is unwise, remember they are starting to call people to check up on them during quarantine.

If they figure out he's not in Ontario it could be an issue.

He should quarantine in Ontario for the 14 days, then go visit his friend in Vancouver.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if his intention is to live permanently in vancouver, i'd be the first to contact ontario immigration and get him fast tracked out of the country.
This was the original post (it was captured when I responded). OP edited it afterwards to remove the bit about "living in Vancouver" and being an Ontario PNP. Definitely made it look like the OP was planning on settling in B.C. Of course also possible the original post was poorly worded and gave the wrong impression.

---

I am planning on flying in to Canada to fulfil my COPR in July. I plan on living in Vancouver, but as I have an Ontario PNP, so I have to first land in Toronto. With the new 14 day quarantine rules, I was wondering if it's ok for me to do my landing interview etc in Toronto, and then on the same day transit to Vancouver? Or do I have to do my 14 day quarantine in Toronto first?
Can someone help me?
Thank you!

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
At least make an effort to settle in Ontario, you have basically been given permanent residency because of the province.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You clearly stated in your original post, as captured by scylla, that you plan to live in Vancouver. When called on it, you edited your post to try to hide it. There really is no ambiguity in that.

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Do you have an individual mean of transportation to BC? If the answer is no, you won't be allowed to do that, they call you, e-mail you, and can track you. They did that to us on day 11th and 12th after arrival.

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
At first, you have to visit to those destination cities that mentions in your COPR (Confirmation of permanent residence). You need to land in Canada within one year once your PR application gets approved and entry visa is stamped in your passport.
Hope, this Helps you!