+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PWGP application_ Is official letter of completion mandatory to apply?

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I am studying in Canada currently. My program is expected to end this December 16,2022.
But I am told by college that the graduation audit will begin only January 2, 2022 and will be completed on January 30, 2023.
But I found that
in IRCC website "
Documents to submit
Due to circumstances beyond students’ control, many international students may be unable to obtain a letter of completion or final transcript from their DLI. As a temporary facilitation measure, applicants who apply for a PGWP will be allowed to submit an application without their letter of completion or final transcript. When IRCC processes the application, the documents will be requested by the processing officer as per the procedures for requests for additional documents on open applications."

Does this mean I can apply for PWGP before December 16 without final transcript or after December 16 without final transcript??
Can somebody explain what this means?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am studying in Canada currently. My program is expected to end this December 16,2022.
But I am told by college that the graduation audit will begin only January 2, 2022 and will be completed on January 30, 2023.
But I found that
in IRCC website "
Documents to submit
Due to circumstances beyond students’ control, many international students may be unable to obtain a letter of completion or final transcript from their DLI. As a temporary facilitation measure, applicants who apply for a PGWP will be allowed to submit an application without their letter of completion or final transcript. When IRCC processes the application, the documents will be requested by the processing officer as per the procedures for requests for additional documents on open applications."

Does this mean I can apply for PWGP before December 16 without final transcript or after December 16 without final transcript??
Can somebody explain what this means?
Your reading the policy during Covid so if you read the top of the page it says…

Eligible international students
Given the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 on international students and the post-secondary sector, temporary policy changes have been made to post-graduation work permit (PGWP) eligibility requirements for the following groups of students:

• students enrolled in PGWP-eligible programs in progress in March 2020
  • students who began or will begin PGWP-eligible programs between March 2020 and August 31, 2022

So you are not eligible. Attached is the current policy.

All you need to apply for a PGWP is
  • an official letter from your school that confirms you’ve completed your study program or
  • an official transcript or a copy of your transcript from your school’s website
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=755&top=15

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
It says
"students who began or will begin PGWP-eligible programs between March 2020 and August 31, 2022"

and I had begin my studies in Jan 2021.
Aren't I eligible??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It says
"students who began or will begin PGWP-eligible programs between March 2020 and August 31, 2022"

and I had begin my studies in Jan 2021.
Aren't I eligible??
Go for it, if you really want to and don’t want to wait. Don’t see why you want to apply so quickly.