+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanakaM said:
Great, thank you. So this effectively means on can do the additional test and still get PPR well within 6 months. Do you agree?
In general, I will have to disagree - one can never be sure.

Delays can be during either of the background checks, it can be due to additional medical tests/furtherance, or can be due to longer background/criminality/security checks, of which submitting a PCC is only part of the process. CIC is expected to do its own background checks via other government agencies if something is flagged (i.e. RCMP, CSIS if needed).

I have learned through the course of time never to peg a definite timeframe for expecting completion of various stages of the application process.

.../atb

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
ragluf said:
In general, I will have to disagree - one can never be sure.

Delays can be during either of the background checks, it can be due to additional medical tests/furtherance, or can be due to longer background/criminality/security checks, of which submitting a PCC is only part of the process. CIC is expected to do its own background checks via other government agencies if something is flagged (i.e. RCMP, CSIS if needed).

I have learned through the course of time never to peg a definite timeframe for expecting completion of various stages of the application process.

.../atb
Thanks for your opinion. Will keep that in mind. You have been a great help. +1

loveandlight

Mar 13, 2017
Oh wow. Sorry to hear Tanaka!

Just another hurdle to jump and you will be one step closer!

P.S. Sent you a couple of PM's.

Thank you!

Niceone123

Mar 30, 2017
Hello
Can someone please help me?
I applied PR through mpnp inside canada on october 2015.

And my treatment is over 25th March2017.
It was more than 10 months to take the medication.
Manitoba health took my sputum 2 weeks ago and the result is negative.
Also i saw my doctor at health science center- dr. Ainslie- and took xray 22 march.

Can you please tell me whats next? My doctor alreadu sent a letter that says i am now ok to Manitoba health and manitoba health forwarded that letter to cic.

Do i have to wait like 1 year again???
I am just so frustrated... please please let me know..

KaZUcHen

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2-04-2017
Nomination.....
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
Hi,
Submitted my PR application yesterday and got a call from the clinic asking when we can get a letter of completion of treatment of TB as i reported having TB during medicals and also told them I just concluded six months of treat,ment and have another two months to go. The clinic I did my medicals told me that was the request from cic. Please how does this affect the processing of my application. Will CIC continue processing or they will keep aside for another two months when that report is ready?

Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
KaZUcHen said:
Hi,
Submitted my PR application yesterday and got a call from the clinic asking when we can get a letter of completion of treatment of TB as i reported having TB during medicals and also told them I just concluded six months of treat,ment and have another two months to go. The clinic I did my medicals told me that was the request from cic. Please how does this affect the processing of my application. Will CIC continue processing or they will keep aside for another two months when that report is ready?

Thanks
Hi,

I am in the same boat (started treatment last week), but yet to submit my application. Based on what I have read on this thread, CIC will continue to process your application, however, you medicals will remain pending until you are cleared. Some have received PPR 2-3 weeks after completing test/treatment. So for me this proves that they don't stop processing your application.

All the best

KaZUcHen

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2-04-2017
Nomination.....
22-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2017
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
TanakaM said:
Hi,

I am in the same boat (started treatment last week), but yet to submit my application. Based on what I have read on this thread, CIC will continue to process your application, however, you medicals will remain pending until you are cleared. Some have received PPR 2-3 weeks after completing test/treatment. So for me this proves that they don't stop processing your application.

All the best

Thanks a lot. Response well appreciated. Thanks

Chiarolini123

Apr 16, 2017
Hi I'm chiarolini and I have undergone my medical checkup for student visa on Feb and the doctors had asked for another X-ray (chest) the next day. I had been diagnosed with pneumonia last year March . The embassy had asked me to undergo sputum test and I'll be coming to know about the sputum test on 23rd April. I hope that I will get my sputum negative but what will they do after sputum test do I need to undergo CTscan or bronchoscopy or biopsy of lungs.... plz help me with this I'm worried about this

Chiarolini123

Apr 16, 2017
I have got my sputum test negative and there is appointment with the doctor on May 15th so what will they do will they ask for any other tests or will they just check all the reports...

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Chiarolini123 said:
I have got my sputum test negative and there is appointment with the doctor on May 15th so what will they do will they ask for any other tests or will they just check all the reports...
Chiarolini123 said:
Hi I'm chiarolini and I have undergone my medical checkup for student visa on Feb and the doctors had asked for another X-ray (chest) the next day. I had been diagnosed with pneumonia last year March . The embassy had asked me to undergo sputum test and I'll be coming to know about the sputum test on 23rd April. I hope that I will get my sputum negative but what will they do after sputum test do I need to undergo CTscan or bronchoscopy or biopsy of lungs.... plz help me with this I'm worried about this
Hi Chiarolini,

The problem with medicals is that there is no way of knowing exactly what CIC will ask for as each case is different. Since your sputum test was negative they should not ask for much more than a re-xray.

Do not worry, all will be well.

Warm regards

Chiarolini123

Apr 16, 2017
TanakaM said:
Hi Chiarolini,

The problem with medicals is that there is no way of knowing exactly what CIC will ask for as each case is different. Since your sputum test was negative they should not ask for much more than a re-xray.

Do not worry, all will be well.

Warm regards
Thank you Thanaka.... :) :)

Chiarolini123

Apr 16, 2017
DO I need to take all my previous X-rays dat had taken during my diagnosis during last year March. I had been affected with bacterial pneumonia and treatment has done for 20 days and I had recovered in 20 days so I had left with 2 X-rays and scar on a lung..... do I need to take those X-rays with me.... please tell me....!!

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Chiarolini123 said:
DO I need to take all my previous X-rays dat had taken during my diagnosis during last year March. I had been affected with bacterial pneumonia and treatment has done for 20 days and I had recovered in 20 days so I had left with 2 X-rays and scar on a lung..... do I need to take those X-rays with me.... please tell me....!!
Take everything you have that relates to your treatment as this will help the physician.

regards

t_express

Apr 26, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I have question regarding the Express Entry medical requirement. I had got infected by the person having Active TB and because of that i need to undergo for the TB treatment. I had started my treatment in September 2016. The time I started treatment there is no issue with the chest X-Ray it was clear. Also after 2 times skin test they came to know I am infected. Now, I am worrying as I have my upfront medical appointment on May 7,2017. I had another X-Ray as well after 4 month of treatment that was also clear. I want to know is this issue create any problem for my Express Entry application. I had letter from the CITY OF TORONTO mentioning need to go for TB skin test as I am in contact with the person having active TB. So is there anybody who can suggest what should I do before going for the Medical. I am living in Ontario so all the treatment and record is with the Provincial Health Service provider. Please suggest me as early as possible.

Please any kind help will be appreciated.
Thanks.