+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
hi andy,
What was the result of your mom's smear and culture and also the Xray? I am a bit anxious as the result's of my husband's sputum come closer. This week is 8th week but he was asked to go back on sept 19 for the result and X-ray. I am praying that everything will be alright.

Hi ellann,

Negative smear and culture. Old xray and re xray after 3 months same blurred. No diagnosis, what St Lukes Ermita said need to clear the lungs and they will send initial report of treatment to Embassy Manila. Some take 8-12 months treatment so it will depends on xray result after 6 months treatment what my sister told me.

Andy

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi pat1181,

I admired you for trying your best. Sometimes it's hard to questions professional as every person practice independently with the standard. As they are accountable for their profession we can't do much as they are authorized to use their own judgement. In our situations it's so impossible to dispute there dicision to take 6 months medication even it might cause or negligence in their part.

Andy

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
pat1181 said:
Hi,

After 12 days that my husband is taking Meds, he is now experiencing headaches and having some rashes on his arms and chest. Did anyone experience this kind of reaction?

He's going back to see the Pulmo tomorrow and I told him to bring all his old Xrays within 6 months prior to his medical and current one with our private Pulmo. It's too difficult to be away and not be able to comfort him. :(
As far as I know, those are side effects in taking anti-TB drugs. Yes, it's better to have it check by the pulmo.

:(

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
pat1181 said:
You're very lucky and I am happy that in a way you're kinda relief with the results.

See, that's my concern here..they have different standards and qualifying the Xray. My husband was asked to do a repeat on his 3rd month and previous Xrays was not checked.

I hope the embassy will look into this since I already sent them an email requesting for a re-check and if possible, for a second opinion with their accredited physician.

Still hoping..... :(

I'm glad that there's no need to have my x-ray repeated on its 3rd month. They used my 9 months old old x-ray (taken last October 31, 2013) to compare with my X-ray taken in IOM. Maybe that's the reason why he no longer asked me to repeat my x-ray.

May I ask, what is the date of your husband's old-xrays? What about the medical clearance from your own pulmonologist, did he able to show it?

I hope everything will turn out fine and re-consider your husband's case.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
silverdoe said:
@ rcg

yeah,it's more convenient. Before, Canadian embassy did not oblige their applicants to DOT, but recently they issued a memo that starting aug 15, Applicants can put into DOT who will undergo PTB treatment. But i refused because of the reasons that I live far from the hospital, aside from time consuming (commuting) also money-consuming(my fare spent for one day can buy me meds good for 3 days).

But I have no schedule yet given by st. lukes when to repeat my xray during the treatment. But some who are under their supervision have it already. They just instructed me to wait for the email from the embassy to know the next step. But if i did choose st. lukes for my treatment, automatically they will schedule me for the repeat xray. Do you think I have nothing to worry about?
I think there are lot s of DOT channel all over the Philippines as they are very eager to fight TB infection. I am not sure though where these satellites are situated. In you case maybe the doctor who will handle you will be the one who will request for the repeat xray. Are you gonna wait first for the reply of the embassy before the treatment?

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
paguio said:
Hi everybody!

Just got home from the clinic of Dr. Ocampo, accredited pulmonologist of IOM from Makati Medical. I was relieved when he told me that my x-ray result was stable and no need for medication. Thank God!

Dr. Ocampo told me that a medical clearance from our own pulmonologist and old x-ray is very important to have a good medical assessment. It's good thing that I bring my yearly x-ray starting year 2001 up to present and the medical clearance from my pulmonologist.

They told me that they will forward their report to IOM on Friday, but still the embassy will have the final decision on my medical status. Hoping that everything will turn out fine and no medical furtherance needed.

To God be the glory! :)
Congrats, just check when will they be able to submit the report to the embassy, after that processing is fast already.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
pat1181 said:
Hi! Just want to ask, did they ask you for a repeat X-Ray at IOM? Lucky for u that the Dr. Considered checking your previous X-rays.

congrats!
did your husband offered a previous xray 3 months interval from the initial xray from the one done in IOM?Because he can do that and they can use that for comparison. My husband did that too, and no repeat xray was done.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paguio said:
I'm glad that there's no need to have my x-ray repeated on its 3rd month. They used my 9 months old old x-ray (taken last October 31, 2013) to compare with my X-ray taken in IOM. Maybe that's the reason why he no longer asked me to repeat my x-ray.

May I ask, what is the date of your husband's old-xrays? What about the medical clearance from your own pulmonologist, did he able to show it?

I hope everything will turn out fine and re-consider your husband's case.
Hi,

My husband did an executive check up last April and showed no sign of PTB. Then surprisingly we had a medical request last May 28, thinking that everything is good and healthy my husband and kids went to IOM last June 4 and that misfortune began. They request all my kids to have their X-Ray done after they see something that is not clear to them in my husband's X-ray. All my kids medical n X-rays are all negative and cleared and was submitted already to CIC.

On June 7, my husband went to A referred family pulmonologist in healthway and was asked to have another chest X-Ray and found nothing. The pulmo even said to him if I see something here I will give you a medication right away so your sputum will be ok, but he didn't since he told my husband that there's no spot but it's kinda hazy but that doesn't mean they should ruled out suspicious TB right away. So what he asked is to follow what IOM wants is for him to do sputum test last June 16,17, 18. After 2 months result was negative.

When he came for repeat X-Ray they didn't even bother checking his X-rays. And by the time he went to Makati med, the doctor didn't explain the X-Ray film in front of him coz the disc is not playing that he has to go to his other office to play it. After few minutes of waiting form him, he returned and said to my husband that it's still unchanged from previous but he has to take medication. He even ask my husband if has signs and symptoms, "no",shortness of breath "no, chills at night "no", cough "no". He also check through stetoscope his breathing and found nothing abnormal.

So this is why I am frustrated. Now, I can see n feel how my husband is getting depressed lately with all this medication. He called Dr. Ocampo's clinic this morning to inform the side effects but the secretary told him that it was cancelled for today n tom. So my husband has to wait for 2 more days with all the rashes and doesn't even know whether he should stop taking it or not :(

silverdoe

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
02-25-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
rcg said:
I think there are lot s of DOT channel all over the Philippines as they are very eager to fight TB infection. I am not sure though where these satellites are situated. In you case maybe the doctor who will handle you will be the one who will request for the repeat xray. Are you gonna wait first for the reply of the embassy before the treatment?
@ rcg

Actually I'm on my 2nd week of treatment already. My private doc's med certificate was approved by the resident pulmo in st' lukes. So I keep waiting for the email that will be coming from embassy, maybe on what they have to say about what to do next. Because the staff nurse from St. lukes told me that whatever the instruction of the embassy that states from their email, they must know so we could carry on for the next step.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
pat1181 said:
Hi,

My husband did an executive check up last April and showed no sign of PTB. Then surprisingly we had a medical request last May 28, thinking that everything is good and healthy my husband and kids went to IOM last June 4 and that misfortune began. They request all my kids to have their X-Ray done after they see something that is not clear to them in my husband's X-ray. All my kids medical n X-rays are all negative and cleared and was submitted already to CIC.

On June 7, my husband went to A referred family pulmonologist in healthway and was asked to have another chest X-Ray and found nothing. The pulmo even said to him if I see something here I will give you a medication right away so your sputum will be ok, but he didn't since he told my husband that there's no spot but it's kinda hazy but that doesn't mean they should ruled out suspicious TB right away. So what he asked is to follow what IOM wants is for him to do sputum test last June 16,17, 18. After 2 months result was negative.

When he came for repeat X-Ray they didn't even bother checking his X-rays. And by the time he went to Makati med, the doctor didn't explain the X-Ray film in front of him coz the disc is not playing that he has to go to his other office to play it. After few minutes of waiting form him, he returned and said to my husband that it's still unchanged from previous but he has to take medication. He even ask my husband if has signs and symptoms, "no",shortness of breath "no, chills at night "no", cough "no". He also check through stetoscope his breathing and found nothing abnormal.

So this is why I am frustrated. Now, I can see n feel how my husband is getting depressed lately with all this medication. He called Dr. Ocampo's clinic this morning to inform the side effects but the secretary told him that it was cancelled for today n tom. So my husband has to wait for 2 more days with all the rashes and doesn't even know whether he should stop taking it or not :(
hi, if your husband last xray shot was taken April which was negative and you had your medicals on May and they saw something suspicious, they will not honor it, cause they said that the film must be at least 3 months or older than what they have for comparison. In my husbands case he had an xray film 3 months an another 1 year old film. They choosed the 1year old film and took it and submit it to the embassy.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
silverdoe said:
@ rcg

Actually I'm on my 2nd week of treatment already. My private doc's med certificate was approved by the resident pulmo in st' lukes. So I keep waiting for the email that will be coming from embassy, maybe on what they have to say about what to do next. Because the staff nurse from St. lukes told me that whatever the instruction of the embassy that states from their email, they must know so we could carry on for the next step.
i am not quite sure but i think you will only received an email from the embassy once they submitted all the result of your test, including the asessment of the pulmonologist handling your case. The pulmonologist and your panel physician will send their medical evaluation to the RMO of the embassy who will then again assessed all submitted documents and if its ok Medical Received will then appear on your ECAS. But in my opinion you still have to finish the treatment for you to get cleared by your private pulmo. Maybe you can inquire it to the clinic when can you possibly get the email during treatment or after treatment?again this is only my understanding but i may be wrong though.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
@silverdoe
If you dont mind my asking, did the doctor told you the reason why you would start the medication right away even if your sputum smear is negative?any significant findings in your medical history?

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
rcg said:
hi, if your husband last xray shot was taken April which was negative and you had your medicals on May and they saw something suspicious, they will not honor it, cause they said that the film must be at least 3 months or older than what they have for comparison. In my husbands case he had an xray film 3 months an another 1 year old film. They choosed the 1year old film and took it and submit it to the embassy.

Yes, same case with me, no need to repeat my x-ray after 3 mos, they used my 9 mos. old for comparison.

silverdoe

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2012
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
02-25-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-04-2014
rcg said:
@ silverdoe
If you dont mind my asking, did the doctor told you the reason why you would start the medication right away even if your sputum smear is negative?any significant findings in your medical history?
@rcg

The first time I had my pulmo evaluation was when I also found out my chest xray result wasn't good and initially the pulmo said that I need treatment right away whatever the smear results may be. What I understand was that for prevention and he said Im still young at 25 it has to be treated. I don't know what TB Class that my condition falls, because he didn't say anything about it either.

rcbelen2004

Apr 25, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
Doc's Request.
23-05-2013 with applicaton
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
IELTS Request
23-05-2013 with application
Med's Request
21-04-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
pat1181 said:
Hi,

Hi pat1181,

Got PPR just today! Sputum Smear and Culture of my wife both negative, repeat x-ray was cleared last August 18, 2014. Hope you receive your PPR very soon!