+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drv said:
Hi pat. He did all sputum n culture in february and after that our status updated with "medical received " on may. Than in july we got surveillance letter. We visited public health today and they said that he has to pass through sputum test and skin test again. So i have question that cic will wait for the report of surveillance or they will continue their process. I got confused . I cant getting process steps.
Both of you are in Canada right? So this medical surveillance is likely due to your husband being in Canada already and having inactive TB diagnosed after an IME. Inactive TB is a public health concern. Typically, medical surveillance is started upon landing/coming to the country, but in this case, both of you are in Canada and this surveillance has been deemed necessary while you are residing here and waiting for the results of the PR application..

Before coming to Canada, did both of you have a medical exam before and this was not diagnosed or the sputum test and other procedures were not done? See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

Although Inactive TB is a public health concern, diagnosis does not immediately lead into outright refusal on medical grounds. The application will continue to be processed, and your medical assessment has likely been done. More here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/surveillance/surveillance.asp
The requirement of Public Health authority for these procedures are part of medical surveillance, but are not additional requirements under medical checks for your application. The surveillance is a result of the completion of the medical checks/IME of your application.
.../atb

Drv

Jun 11, 2014
Hi ragluf
Thank you so so much. Its really helpful n my tention reduce after ur post. Yes we did medical when we enter in canada. Me and my husband came here by student visa. But there is one thing that i have put my file after my husband medical done because we did marriage here in canada n my mrg certi arrived late so i got late to submit my file i have put it on december but cic has still not released my medical so can u please on that?

parsley_ly

Mar 1, 2012
Hi, just want to ask about the Pulmo doctor in Mkti Med IOM referred. If there's anybody here who consulted with him. any feedback or would it be better to go to another pulmo doctor.

che0219

Jul 6, 2014
hi pat and drv - i have a question, i had my sputum test last april 14-16, then IOM called me for repeat xray last June 27, 2014 then I was referred to a pulmonologist in Makati Med, I was cleared then by the pulmo, he told me that i dont have to take medicines, I came back the next day to get my clearance and personally passed it to IOM then July 22, 2014 I received an email from the embassy for further medical requirement daw, I called IOM and they told me that the embassy is requiring for another chest xray? this is quite confusing because I was already cleared by the pulmonogist in Makati Med, Please help nmn po. I am thinking of sending an email to embassy stating the tests I have done and emphasizing that I was already cleared by the pulmo. Thanks a lot , please help!

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hello,

I received letter from Canadian Embassy Manila 5 days ago address here in Canada for final request of my mother and 2 dependents medical and we have 45 days to comply fr date of that letter which is July 18, 2014. We need to communicate or give information of practitioner and date medical result sent to cem if they had one or else application may be refuse. My mother and sister went to st lukes ermita and brought the letter I scan to them last Aug 1, 2014 and st lukes said they sent initial report to cem last july 24, 2014 and ignore the letter and come back sept 1, 2014 on scheduled date of chest xray of my mother. I will send letter to cem on Aug 5 or Aug 6 via fed ex or dhl. This is our update for our application.

Andy

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, any updates from your family who were done with the sputum. A bit nervous and excited since finally we will know the sputum result next wee. Hoping for the best and Good luck to us :D :D :D

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
^

Hi. My very 1st post, napadpad ako due to agony of waiting. Just like your husband, I had my sputum test done June 18-20 sa IOM. I e-mailed them twice (yesterday and today) kung kelan makukuha ung result, no response yet. I'm just wondering pano mo nalaman na around 20th ung result ni hubby mo? Thanks!

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
pat1181 said:
Hi Guys, any updates from your family who were done with the sputum. A bit nervous and excited since finally we will know the sputum result next wee. Hoping for the best and Good luck to us :D :D :D
most likely its negative because youve come this far with no calls. My husband result was release few days advance with the schedule. Did you submit any old xray film?

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
kaitlyhn said:
^

Hi. My very 1st post, napadpad ako due to agony of waiting. Just like your husband, I had my sputum test done June 18-20 sa IOM. I e-mailed them twice (yesterday and today) kung kelan makukuha ung result, no response yet. I'm just wondering pano mo nalaman na around 20th ung result ni hubby mo? Thanks!
hello kaithlyn, please write in english so that everybody will understand you, because some forum mates are not Filipinos like us. With regards to your querries, my husband also undergone the furtherance, usually they will tell you that it takes 8 weeks for the culture to come out. In SLEC Global and ermita, after the test they will give you right away how and when to follow up, i dont know with IOM. After the 3 days collection, result of the smear willbe out about 2-3 days only, but the culture takes 2 months or 8 weeks, if you did not submit aany old x ray which is more than 3 months from your xray with them, you need another shot 3 months from the time you did your initial medicals. If all were cleared then they will forward the result to the embassy.

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
rcg said:
hello kaithlyn, please write in english so that everybody will understand you, because some forum mates are not Filipinos like us. With regards to your querries, my husband also undergone the furtherance, usually they will tell you that it takes 8 weeks for the culture to come out. In SLEC Global and ermita, after the test they will give you right away how and when to follow up, i dont know with IOM. After the 3 days collection, result of the smear willbe out about 2-3 days only, but the culture takes 2 months or 8 weeks, if you did not submit aany old x ray which is more than 3 months from your xray with them, you need another shot 3 months from the time you did your initial medicals. If all were cleared then they will forward the result to the embassy.
hello. thanks for your reply. i am applying for a uk visa :) it's just that i share your agony in waiting for sputum culture result. i don't think uk have a repeat x-ray procedure,as the iom doctor did not mention any and i cannot find any useful information with uk policies regarding tb testing.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaitlyhn said:
hello. thanks for your reply. i am applying for a uk visa :) it's just that i share your agony in waiting for sputum culture result. i don't think uk have a repeat x-ray procedure,as the iom doctor did not mention any and i cannot find any useful information with uk policies regarding tb testing.
Hi Kaitlyn,

I followed up with them 2 weeks ago and check the status of my children's medical result if they have forwarded it already and asked them when are we going to find out about my husband's sputum result. They told me that my Children's medical are ok and submitted 2 weeks after they did the medical. They have given me dates when to follow up for my husband's result.

Kaitlyn, update me yours ok?! :) Good Luck

If anyone here knows...Does IOM give out names or list of accredited Dr's in Makati Med for the Pulmo clearance?

Thanks

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
pat1181 said:
Hi Kaitlyn,

I followed up with them 2 weeks ago and check the status of my children's medical result if they have forwarded it already and asked them when are we going to find out about my husband's sputum result. They told me that my Children's medical are ok and submitted 2 weeks after they did the medical. They have given me dates when to follow up for my husband's result.

Kaitlyn, update me yours ok?! :) Good Luck

If anyone here knows...Does IOM give out names or list of accredited Dr's in Makati Med for the Pulmo clearance?

Thanks
just received an e-mail from iom, my result will be around the 25th. one more week to go. God bless :)

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 2014
kaitlyhn said:
yes it is very difficult indeed, waiting.. and hoping there will be a good news. If UK embassy doesnt have a repeat xray, well much better that is minus a month of waiting.. goodluck and may the lord grant us what our heart desire. ;)

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
rcg said:
yes it is very difficult indeed, waiting.. and hoping there will be a good news. If UK embassy doesnt have a repeat xray, well much better that is minus a month of waiting.. goodluck and may the lord grant us what our heart desire. ;)
thank you, and i hope you get what you prayed for too.

i also learned from iom that you, canada applicants have to pay for the sputum
culture too, whilst us, it is included in the 3200.

God bless everyone!