+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaitlyhn said:
thank you, and i hope you get what you prayed for too.

i also learned from iom that you, canada applicants have to pay for the sputum
culture too, whilst us, it is included in the 3200.

God bless everyone!
We paid P8000 for the sputum smear and culture, right Kaitlyn?!

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
pat1181 said:
We paid P8000 for the sputum smear and culture, right Kaitlyn?!
we, uk applicants, did not. it is all included in the 3200 medical fee. and yes, we also have a repeat X-ray straight after a negative culture which is also included in that fee.

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
Hi. I undergo medical exam with IOM last July 9, 2014. My x-ray shows I have a mild enlargement of the heart. But actually, prior to my medical exam, 5 days before that, I asked my pulmonologist if I can have my x-ray just to make sure it will only show scars because I had PTB before. My x-ray in medical city shows old scar due to PTB and no findings with my heart.

So definitely, they asked me to have a sputum test, wherein my sputum smear were all negative and now still waiting for the result of sputum culture.

But, I got worried when I asked a copy of my medical exam stating that I have an enlargement of the heart. So to make sure of it, I ask our family doctor for a 2D echo. God is good, I have a normal heart.

Now I am confused what will happen since they will not honor the 2D Echo performed outside the health provider of immigration, right? Do I still need to show it to them? Why they did not ask me to undergo 2D Echo after my xray with them?

Hope you can enlighten me. Thank you.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

My husband called IOM thinking that it's ok to follow up since we are on the start of 9th week. Unfortunately he has told that result will be released on the 20th and we can follow up on the 22nd. So will end up waiting in agony for additional 4 more days :-( I just hope and pray that it's worth the wait 'coz I can see in my husband's eyes how depressed he was thinking that he was the one causing delays on my papers. I hope that everything will be cleared and justifiable.

Can someone share how much is the consultation for the pulmo?

Thanks!

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
paguio said:
Hi. I undergo medical exam with IOM last July 9, 2014. My x-ray shows I have a mild enlargement of the heart. But actually, prior to my medical exam, 5 days before that, I asked my pulmonologist if I can have my x-ray just to make sure it will only show scars because I had PTB before. My x-ray in medical city shows old scar due to PTB and no findings with my heart.

So definitely, they asked me to have a sputum test, wherein my sputum smear were all negative and now still waiting for the result of sputum culture.

But, I got worried when I asked a copy of my medical exam stating that I have an enlargement of the heart. So to make sure of it, I ask our family doctor for a 2D echo. God is good, I have a normal heart.

Now I am confused what will happen since they will not honor the 2D Echo performed outside the health provider of immigration, right? Do I still need to show it to them? Why they did not ask me to undergo 2D Echo after my xray with them?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paguio said:

Your X-ray results may not be significant enough to immediately warrant the additional tests at that time. However, the RMO upon reviewing the results from the IME, may see cause - based on these findings - to order additional tests to rule out cardiac disease, essentially putting you in “medical furtherance” until the results of these tests have been completed and submitted for re-evaluation.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Cardiac_disease.pdf

This is of course dependent on the evaluation of your IME results, so all you have is to wait for further instructions. If you are instructed to have additional testing, then you can volunteer the results of your 2D echo to the panel physician to aid their investigation in ruling out cardiac disease.

../atb

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
To Paguio,

Too bad medical city missed slightly increase of size of your heart which is easily see on x ray. How did you know 2 d echo? You have no blood work outside IOM before 2d echo I assumed. Why a physician requested 2d echo without any record of your x ray or blood work I assumed again? How a doctor could explain why he/she requested 2 d echo without suspecting heart problem and what treatment he prescribe if any(if in case you ask for medical certificate). My point you can ask for medical certificate that you are phyiscally fit - test done showing you are healthy like normal bp, hr, rr, 2d echo. You can give that medical certificate to IOM. My mother, sis and bro had medical certificate gave to st lukes global before their medical test.

Andy

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
To RAGLUF

Thanks you so much for your reply.

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
pat1181 said:
Hi guys,

My husband called IOM thinking that it's ok to follow up since we are on the start of 9th week. Unfortunately he has told that result will be released on the 20th and we can follow up on the 22nd. So will end up waiting in agony for additional 4 more days :-( I just hope and pray that it's worth the wait 'coz I can see in my husband's eyes how depressed he was thinking that he was the one causing delays on my papers. I hope that everything will be cleared and justifiable.

Can someone share how much is the consultation for the pulmo?

Thanks!
Hello sis! I called IOM just now, asked them regarding the results, unfortunately, they would not tell me. I am scheduled to get it on Thursday. :(

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
Tbh, i am so worried right now. I read somewhere that if they don't disclose any information, that means positive? Can you please update me re: your husband's result? Thank you.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
paguio said:

hi i dont know in IOM, but in st lukes they did honor result of my 2d echo and other supporting papers. The panel physiscian on physical exam elicit a heart murmur and so she ask for a cardio clearance wherein i would choose my preferred cardio and bring all the result of the test done including the 2d echo. And yes cardiac enlargement of the heart in xray doesnt conclude anything because it can be only a shadow. If there is anything elicited in the physical exam and history taking that can more or less contribute to the heart enlargement to be that significant. For xray the status of the lungs are far more important.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
kaitlyhn said:
Hello sis! I called IOM just now, asked them regarding the results, unfortunately, they would not tell me. I am scheduled to get it on Thursday. :(
dont be nervous i think IOM really doesnt disclose information about test result over the phone. At this point if that is positive they should have called you much earlier. Have faith and be positive. Its NEGATIVE!

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
rcg said:
dont be nervous i think IOM really doesnt disclose information about test result over the phone. At this point if that is positive they should have called you much earlier. Have faith and be positive. Its NEGATIVE!
will take it from you, thank you so much and God bless!

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rcg said:
Hi kaitlyn!

We are on the same boat here. We followed up today since they told us to call on the 22nd.my husband called and they didn't tell him what the result is, instead he was scheduled on Monday afternoon to see the Dr for the result. My husband was frustrated so much that I can see how stressed he was.

I called directly and explain that it's been over 9weeks and we can't get either it's negative or positive. The lady was very helpful and accommodating n that it's their protocol not to inform the patient coz it has to be the Dr who will tell the result to the patient. I tried very hard to get a small detail just for my husband's peace of mind but the lady told me "ma'am if it's positive we could have called you prior to 9weeks". So in short I was kinda relieved after hearing that.

I asked her why did you ask my husband to bring P1400, she told me that just in case the Dr. Will ask ur husband for re-X-ray.

Just want to know, for some of u guys here who's done with IOM how much did you pay for final text n pulmo?

I hope it's all good .... :-\

kaitlyhn

Aug 14, 2014
pat1181 said:
Hi kaitlyn!

We are on the same boat here. We followed up today since they told us to call on the 22nd.my husband called and they didn't tell him what the result is, instead he was scheduled on Monday afternoon to see the Dr for the result. My husband was frustrated so much that I can see how stressed he was.

I called directly and explain that it's been over 9weeks and we can't get either it's negative or positive. The lady was very helpful and accommodating n that it's their protocol not to inform the patient coz it has to be the Dr who will tell the result to the patient. I tried very hard to get a small detail just for my husband's peace of mind but the lady told me "ma'am if it's positive we could have called you prior to 9weeks". So in short I was kinda relieved after hearing that.

I asked her why did you ask my husband to bring P1400, she told me that just in case the Dr. Will ask ur husband for re-X-ray.

Just want to know, for some of u guys here who's done with IOM how much did you pay for final text n pulmo?

I hope it's all good .... :-\
Hello. I called IOM again, and begged them to schedule me earlier and fortunately, they did. It will be Tuesday 8a.m., just wondering, are they open on Monday since it is bank holiday? Good luck to us.