+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD option is greyed out in pr portal

Varughese1959

Feb 7, 2021
Hi All,
I got eCoPR on 31st Jan 2023 and didn't receive the PR card. Now I travelled to India. I try to apply travel document in online as per the below portal . It is not allowing me to apply the PRTD, it is greyed out in PR portal. Kindly help how to apply PRTD document in PR portal.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/how-to-apply.html
I am facing the same problem. Have you sorted out this issue? Please reply.

PRABHUG

Jan 15, 2023
I have created new account with another email id in pr portal and raised the PRTD document. It worked for me.

Varughese1959

Feb 7, 2021
Their did you received the PRTD? Is it lawful to do so? If they found another account in the same UCI number it will not be problem?

mdkjb

Oct 20, 2023
Hi @PRABHUG , the PRTD section is greyed out for me as well on the portal.
I saw some people saying that this is because I'm still in Canada and that it should be available once I'm out of Canada. Is that true? Did you or anyone experience this and can confirm?

Context: I'm received the e-COPR on Oct 13, but my photo is still under review. I'm travelling in December and want to make sure I can come back to Canada without any issues.

gkhanna09

Dec 1, 2023
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. I got my CoPR last week while I was outside the country and I am scheduled to fly out next week from India to Canada.

I also have a valid visitor Visa.

Does anyone know how to sort this issue?

mdkjb

Oct 20, 2023
Hi All,

I am in a similar situation. I got my CoPR last week while I was outside the country and I am scheduled to fly out next week from India to Canada.

I also have a valid visitor Visa.

Does anyone know how to sort this issue?
I think your Visitor Visa becomes invalid as soon as you receive the COPR. You may need to apply for a PRTD, if the PRTD section is greyed out, create a new account on the portal and you should be able to access the page and apply for an urgent PRTD.