+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prtd on H & C ground

MN11

Jun 28, 2022
Did you apply on H & C. I have not even got my status changed on my portal. It says still ' submitted' .
Therefore, clueless. Have you send them enquiries?
Yes on H&C . My status hasn’t changed either from summited

ben101

Apr 8, 2023
I applied on my own without a lawyer. Every
Yes on H&C . My status hasn’t changed either from summited

Have you met here people who have applied prtd on h&c. And are successful in getting it. This will help to get inputs.
When did u become pr.

ben101

Apr 8, 2023
No ,
Six years ago

What's you line of action. I am getting really anxious though I know its counterproductive. You seem very relaxed. Are you able to connect with ircc regarding the status. Have they communicated regarding your enquiry.

ben101

Apr 8, 2023
I married very late as I wanted to remain single. My wife is not PR. There is no reason why I didn't take citizen ship as things were moving. But if I get my prtd this time the first thing I will do is apply for my citizenship. I have got my life lesson. Life is very unpredictable.

I almost lived around 10 years in canada .

Many thanks for your reply and guidance. It really helps.

Why are they saying it's in process and your required documents are all with us.
Do you have any idea or have come across h & c cases similar to me where they are neither responding nor conveying rejection. What does one interpret when they say it's in process and your documents are with us.

Please throw lights on any aspect that you have come across. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have any idea or have come across h & c cases similar to me where they are neither responding nor conveying rejection. What does one interpret when they say it's in process and your documents are with us.

Please throw lights on any aspect that you have come across. Thanks.
You are typically not contacted until a decision has been made and no hint will be given whether to expect approval/refusal or timeline.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I married very late as I wanted to remain single. My wife is not PR. There is no reason why I didn't take citizen ship as things were moving. But if I get my prtd this time the first thing I will do is apply for my citizenship. I have got my life lesson. Life is very unpredictable.

I almost lived around 10 years in canada .

Many thanks for your reply and guidance. It really helps.

Why are they saying it's in process and your required documents are all with us.
So you got married and had a child since you’ve been out of Canada? Assume you were also employed during this time as well. What happened to your life that you left in 2016? Housing and belongings? The issue becomes as you have established a life outside Canada. When did your mother‘s health improve and no longer be a life and death situation? You implied that her health improved quite awhile ago. What is the plan going forward for your mother’s care? It’s impossible for anyone to guess what will be the outcome of an H&C application and how long it will take unfortunately so all that you can do is wait.

ben101

Apr 8, 2023
So you got married and had a child since you’ve been out of Canada? Assume you were also employed during this time as well. What happened to your life that you left in 2016? Housing and belongings? The issue becomes as you have established a life outside Canada. When did your mother‘s health improve and no longer be a life and death situation? You implied that her health improved quite awhile ago. What is the plan going forward for your mother’s care? It’s impossible for anyone to guess what will be the outcome of an H&C application and how long it will take unfortunately so all that you can do is wait.
My belongings are still there. I visited canada after getting married as I got the benefit of my wife and my- inlaws family provide support and helping hand. I returned in 2016. And then I got stuck because of my mother's health and also my small baby. We were quite stressed what to do . Then COVID happened. I did try to come in 2021. My mother's care can now be taken by my wife's relative couple who are in their mid 40s .

I am very much want to return canada to provide a good future to my daughter.

ben101

Apr 8, 2023
You are typically not contacted until a decision has been made and no hint will be given whether to expect approval/refusal or timeline.
That's the whole point to stress me out. Why are they taking so much time to take a decision. It's now 8 months.
It's a very long period.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's the whole point to stress me out. Why are they taking so much time to take a decision. It's now 8 months.
It's a very long period.
PRTD based on H&C is the last step to try and retain PR having not met your RO. Having not met your RO there isn’t the same urgency as other documents that need processing. It often involves a lot of thought and review of documents so can be time consuming so it takes time to

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My belongings are still there. I visited canada after getting married as I got the benefit of my wife and my- inlaws family provide support and helping hand. I returned in 2016. And then I got stuck because of my mother's health and also my small baby. We were quite stressed what to do . Then COVID happened. I did try to come in 2021. My mother's care can now be taken by my wife's relative couple who are in their mid 40s .

I am very much want to return canada to provide a good future to my daughter.
Most PRs have to make the sacrifice and return to Canada and remain compliant with their RO to sponsor their spouse or spouse and children. Most would prefer to remain with their family but as a PR they must remain in Canada and complaint with their RO to sponsor their families. The fact that you didn’t return after your mother’s health got better creates issues for your H&C argument. The other issue is that you said you attempted to return in Feb 2021 but you didn’t apply for PRTD based on H&C for another 1.5 years. All you can do is wait and see what the outcome of your application is at this point. There isn’t clear guidelines when it comes to who gets approved or refused for PRTD based on H&C.

Ankdurrani

Apr 4, 2015
I applied in September 2022 for PRTD on H&C grounds. So far, there is no response from IRCC. Has anyone received any reply yet ??

SunnyDayz

Aug 11, 2023
I had applied for PR card renewal on H&C, IRCC didn’t respond for two years. I had the US visa so came via land border and they allowed me in. Your best chance is to come
via land border provided you manage to get US visa.

canadavikings

Apr 12, 2017
I had applied for PR card renewal on H&C, IRCC didn’t respond for two years. I had the US visa so came via land border and they allowed me in. Your best chance is to come
via land border provided you manage to get US visa.
What were the questions asked by CBSA when you were trying to cross the border ? Did they ask where you were coming from ?