+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application. eCOPR traveling. Please Need Help.

kiran raj

Aug 3, 2016
I received my eCOPR on June 23, 2022. Submitted my photo for my PR Card. It's been over 5 months now, and the photo is still in review with IRCC.

I've to leave Canada to attend my sister's wedding and I'm leaving in a week. I'm trying to figure out how I can apply for a PRTD. The CIC website says that I can apply it online, but when I log in to the PR Portal, the PR Card/PR Travel document section is grayed out.

Anyone have similar experience?
Hello I am in the same boat, can please let me know what u did to get the PRTD ? I need to leave Canada asap and I just want to know how to apply for PRTD because it's greyed out for me.

kiran raj

Aug 3, 2016
I received my eCOPR on June 23, 2022. Submitted my photo for my PR Card. It's been over 5 months now, and the photo is still in review with IRCC.

I've to leave Canada to attend my sister's wedding and I'm leaving in a week. I'm trying to figure out how I can apply for a PRTD. The CIC website says that I can apply it online, but when I log in to the PR Portal, the PR Card/PR Travel document section is grayed out.

Hello I am in the same situation and it's greyed out for me. Can u please tell me if u actually got the Prtd and if yes how long did it take for them to process it.

Varughese1959

Feb 7, 2021

I am also experienceing same sitation. I left canada in Oct 2022. My PRTD button is greayed. So I am unable to apply for PRTD. Have yoy got a solution for this?

mdkjb

Oct 20, 2023
Hi,the PRTD section is greyed out for me on the portal.
I saw some people saying that this is because I'm still in Canada and that it should be available once I'm out of Canada. Is that true? Did anyone experience this and can confirm?

Context: I'm received the e-COPR on Oct 13, but my photo is still under review. I'm travelling in December and want to make sure I can return to Canada without any issues.

Mohammad Zare

Aug 8, 2023
Hi, My PR card was approved more than three months ago. While my family received PR card, I am still waiting. However, I filled out and mailed a solemn declaration but it will take at least 120 days to receive my PR card. Since I have to see my family next month and then go back to Canada, I was wondering what the way is when I can't apply for a visitor visa, I don't have a physical PR card and my PR card is approved.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, My PR card was approved more than three months ago. While my family received PR card, I am still waiting. However, I filled out and mailed a solemn declaration but it will take at least 120 days to receive my PR card. Since I have to see my family next month and then go back to Canada, I was wondering what the way is when I can't apply for a visitor visa, I don't have a physical PR card and my PR card is approved.
The way is to either apply for a PRTD, or (if you can travel via USA) enter at a land border.

Mohammad Zare

Aug 8, 2023
The way is to either apply for a PRTD, or (if you can travel via USA) enter at a land border.
Thanks for your response. Can I apply before I go to my country? Because I am going to stay there for only one week and come back. Besides, how long is this letter valid?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your response. Can I apply before I go to my country? Because I am going to stay there for only one week and come back. Besides, how long is this letter valid?
I don't know what letter you are referring to.

Can you travel via USA? Far less uncertainty with that route.

APparently you can apply in advance, from Canada. I have no experience with that. But you should consider that it may take 2-10 business days to submit passport and get the PRTD (which is like a visa) returned. That's if everything works well.

yash0306

May 22, 2023
@scylla
Hi, can we re enter canada using land border with eCopr and valid passport ?
I am in canada right and have work permit and TRV. Have to travel to USA for 2 weeks and I won’t be able to get PR card in time.
Please share your thoughts.
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation. I’m currently on a work permit in Canada and I got my COPR yesterday. I’ve an upcoming US trip and by then I’m not going to get my PR Card. Should I take this trip? Will there be any issues while coming back to Canada?

yash0306

May 22, 2023
Hi, I am in a similar position, received ecopr on Jan 13 2023, but need to travel soon. PRTD portal is greyed out and I don't see any ways to apply online. Any advice is much appreciated, thank you.
I'm in a similar situation. I’m currently on a work permit in Canada and I got my COPR yesterday. I’ve an upcoming US trip and by then I’m not going to get my PR Card. Should I take this trip? Will there be any issues while coming back to Canada?