+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD after eCOPR with photo in review

smonsieur

Jan 14, 2023
I received my eCOPR on January 23rd and I'll be travelling outside of Canada on the February 10th. Naturally I don't think I'll have my PR cards by then, so I'll need to request a PRTD. The thing is that when I log into my PR portal the PR travel document option at the top is greyed out and I can't click it. I think this is because my photo is still in review with IRCC. God only knows when my photo will be approved since I've seen people in other threads saying they've got their PR cards while their photo is still in review. So I'm stuck in a position where I don't have my PR card and I can't request a PRTD. My flight back is on March 4th.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Help is greatly appreciated.

More info
  • I linked my PR card application to my IRCC account account. It's still being processed.
  • I have a US visa expiring on March 23rd, but I don't know if I'd be able to get into the US with that to cross the boarder by land with COPR.

Ronysandhu

Jan 6, 2023
I received my eCOPR on January 23rd and I'll be travelling outside of Canada on the February 10th. Naturally I don't think I'll have my PR cards by then, so I'll need to request a PRTD. The thing is that when I log into my PR portal the PR travel document option at the top is greyed out and I can't click it. I think this is because my photo is still in review with IRCC. God only knows when my photo will be approved since I've seen people in other threads saying they've got their PR cards while their photo is still in review. So I'm stuck in a position where I don't have my PR card and I can't request a PRTD. My flight back is on March 4th.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Help is greatly appreciated.

More info
  • I linked my PR card application to my IRCC account account. It's still being processed.
  • I have a US visa expiring on March 23rd, but I don't know if I'd be able to get into the US with that to cross the boarder by land with COPR.
yes you can enter canada via road,My wife have same situation last year and she land at Detroit USA and we pick her from Detroit airport and she cross border and enter through windsor border without any problem

vinz96

Nov 26, 2022
Hi All! I have a query - I am an inland candidate and received my eCOPR last month, been waiting for my PR card ever since (photo in review). I have to make an urgent trip to the USA (I have a valid visa) and planning to cross by land, so I will use commercial transport to enter the US, but on my way back I will use the pedestrian bridge at the Rainbow International Bridge to enter via Buffalo/Niagara. For more context - I am an Indian Passport holder.

Has anyone done this in recent times, and if so - please let me know your experiences or any issues faced at the port of entry. Appreciate your response.