+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person US visit visa

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Hello Mates
I hope everyone is doing great .
i came to canada through USA by border and claimed asylum . Later thn i got accepted as a convention refugee and i have got my PR card. I wnt to knw is it possible for me to apply for USA visit visa from canada . Will i be able to get the visa .Has anyone gotten US visa before ? And during the interview if they ask me why did u left USA and came to canada through the border what answer should i give them . Please your help would be highly appreciated.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello Mates
i came to canada through USA by border and claimed asylum . Later thn i got accepted as a convention refugee and i have got my PR card. I wnt to knw is it possible for me to apply for USA visit visa from canada . Will i be able to get the visa .Has anyone gotten US visa before ? And during the interview if they ask me why did u left USA and came to canada through the border what answer should i give them . Please your help would be highly appreciated.
Did you exit US and enter Canada through official border point

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I came through roxham road border from US to Canada as a refugee
That will be a problem as you exit United States through unofficial border point. Im not an expert but I recall to have read somewhere US authorities impose ban on foreign national who entered or exit through unofficial border. You can do further research or call consular line

Reactions: Shafiqahmad

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Mates
All you can do is attempt to apply. Not using official borders may have long term consequences but so could misrepresenting your intentions if you applied for a visitor visa for the US with no intention of visiting the US and heading for the Canadian border. If you were in the US longterm without status it is usually an automatic ban of 10 years once you leave the US. Apply and see what happens but don’t make any travel plans until you see what the outcome of your visa application is.

Reactions: Shafiqahmad

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
All you can do is attempt to apply. Not using official borders may have long term consequences but so could misrepresenting your intentions if you applied for a visitor visa for the US with no intention of visiting the US and heading for the Canadian border. If you were in the US longterm without status it is usually an automatic ban of 10 years once you leave the US. Apply and see what happens but don’t make any travel plans until you see what the outcome of your visa application is.
Thanks alot . No i wasnt out of status in the US when i came to canada . But as u said i will give it a try to see whether i will given visa or not .

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
That will be a problem as you exit United States through unofficial border point. Im not an expert but I recall to have read somewhere US authorities impose ban on foreign national who entered or exit through unofficial border. You can do further research or call consular line
Thanks for yr response yes i will try it in a best possible way .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks alot . No i wasnt out of status in the US when i came to canada . But as u said i will give it a try to see whether i will given visa or not .
There's no harm in trying to apply. The worst that can happen is that your visa is refused. But approval is also possible. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I came as a student . And thn came through roxham road
If you entered as a student but headed to Roxham road may be quite a tough to get a visa since applying for a study permit and getting acceptance to a school is a much more involved lie than coming in as a visit. Once people started to use the US to try to cross the birder at Roxham Rd in large number more retribution became common. Never any harm trying but don’t make any plans until you know you have a visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@canuck78 thanks alot . One more Question. Will i be still struggling to go to US after i get my canadian citizenship??
It should be much easier once you have citizenship. You won't need a B2 to enter the US. Entry into the US is of course never guaranteed and they can still refuse entry even if you have citizenship. However you shouldn't have a problem. I would recommend bringing information to show your ties to Canada (e.g. employment, property, etc.) in case you are questioned.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
@canuck78 thanks alot . One more Question. Will i be still struggling to go to US after i get my canadian citizenship??
They may or may not refuse you entry to the US. But i think there’ll be additional questioning at point of entry. If they took action and place certain time limit to serve, you’ll know that when you apply. I have seen cases where foreign national have valid I-94 but they are refused

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
They may or may not refuse you entry to the US. But i think there’ll be additional questioning at point of entry. If they took action and place certain time limit to serve, you’ll know that when you apply. I have seen cases where foreign national have valid I-94 but they are refused
In my case i also cant get i-94 . Whenever i put my info it says no record found . Will that be an issue for me ??