+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person/Refugee visit home country

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hi, I have a Question and I request the guidance from experienced & senior members with proper knowledge ,
Is there any possible way for a Protected person to visit Home country legally for an emergency situation ( Parent in Critical health condition ) , Can He/She request for a Parole from Government of Canada, I am not sure but sometimes people get this kind of temporary permission under emergency situation in USA but don't know about Canada, I'll be grateful for any guidance.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have a Question and I request the guidance from experienced & senior members with proper knowledge ,
Is there any possible way for a Protected person to visit Home country legally for an emergency situation ( Parent in Critical health condition ) , Can He/She request for a Parole from Government of Canada, I am not sure but sometimes people get this kind of temporary permission under emergency situation in USA but don't know about Canada, I'll be grateful for any guidance.
Thank you
Sorry for your situation.

Unfortunately Canada has no process for requesting special permission. If you visit your home country / country of persecusion prior to becoming a citizen of Canada, then you'll be putting yourself at risk of reavailalement which can result in citizenship being refused and PR status being revoked.

FadyB

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thank you
Contact your lawyer, he is the best one to guide you in this situation ........ i knew some people who did it and didn't face a significant problem rather than some questions but it's a risky situation and no one can guarantee what will happen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Contact your lawyer, he is the best one to guide you in this situation ........ i knew some people who did it and didn't face a significant problem rather than some questions but it's a risky situation and no one can guarantee what will happen.
Even a lawyer will tell you that it is not advised and you're taking a risk. Nobody can guarantee if you would be pursued for reavailment.