+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR SUPER VISA

pramee

Feb 26, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to get the proof of medical insurance coverage for one year with a canadian insurance company and what is the cost going to be approximately.

My dad is approx 68 and mom is 55

PLEASE GIVE ME DETAIL INFORMATION, Thank you.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pramee said:
Can anyone tell me how to get the proof of medical insurance coverage for one year with a canadian insurance company and what is the cost going to be approximately.

My dad is approx 68 and mom is 55

PLEASE GIVE ME DETAIL INFORMATION, Thank you.
Try calling an insurance provider like Sunlife or Manulife to get your own DETAIL INFORMATION. Geez.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rjessome said:
Try calling an insurance provider like Sunlife or Manulife to get your own DETAIL INFORMATION. Geez.
Agreed. To get accurate quotes, you'll need to provide information about your parents' health and other details. You need to call an insurance company with your questions.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this super visa might turn out to be super impossible to get :eek:

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Does "proof" mean that I need to buy insurance coverage prior to applying for Super Visa? From what I've researched, it will cost $1000~$2500 /year/person depending on parents' age & health condition. In that case, most insurer will take the whole amount to give you proof. And now if any parent doesn't get the visa, it will require to be cancelled. That will eventually incur cancellation fees. :eek:

proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
 covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation,
 provides a minimum coverage of $100 0000, and
 is valid for each entry to Canada and be available for review by a port of entry officer.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Does "proof" mean that I need to buy insurance coverage prior to applying for Super Visa? From what I've researched, it will cost $1000~$2500 /year/person depending on parents' age & health condition. In that case, most insurer will take the whole amount to give you proof. And now if any parent doesn't get the visa, it will require to be cancelled. That will eventually incur cancellation fees. :eek:
Yes, you have to buy it upfront and submit the proof with the application. CIC expects refusal rates for these visas to be VERY low, less than 4%.

OnlineInsPro

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Hello, please check out my website at dfsinc.ca if you are interested in Insurance for Super Visa's. You can get free quotes, find out information on the program, and even purchase the coverage online. You immediately get emailed your policy which you can use to prove that you have the coverage. Should there be changes in dates, either shorter, longer, or even if the trip gets cancelled, you can get an adjustment to your premiums on a proportional basis. Please contact me at info@dfsinc.ca, call me at 1-888-933-7462, or visit my site at dfsinc.ca

Thanks, Tracy DesLaurier, DesLaurier Financial Services

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi just to clarify on this point when you pay for the policy, the policy is issued and it is proof of coverage. However if the medical condition changes between the time you buy the policy the application date and the effective date when coverage actualy starts, the insurance company needs to be notified otherwise the policy is null and void. On another note there are many great companies I deal with five of them, I do not deal with Manulife at this time. I prefer companies that will underwrite at time of application not at time of claim in order to insure pre-existing conditions, I deal with two companies that will do this GMS Insurance and TIC Travel Underwriters.
This is important if you actualy want to be covered for pre-existing conditions, note that there will always be some exclusions and limitations on any policy so it is important to read the actualy policy so you understand what you are buying. If anyone knows of other companies that will underwrite at time of application not time of claim it would be of intereste to me. If you need help call me or email me.
Stone-Hedge Financial Group Inc.
Gary Goldshmidt
Toronto Tel: 416.410.4393
Email: gary@stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca