+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of language required for citizenship applicants as of Nov 1

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
Hi ,
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive acknowlegement letter ,application sent July 2012,status online showed received but nothing indicating that a letter and discover canada guide sent.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cmandy said:
Hi ,
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive acknowlegement letter ,application sent July 2012,status online showed received but nothing indicating that a letter and discover canada guide sent.
You receive the acknowledgement of receipt letter usually after a month from receiving your application. How did you check the online status, did you use your client ID number or financial receipt number ?

Anyway, contact the call center just to make sure that they did not miss place your acknowledgement letter, or any correspondence in the future.

Good luck.

cmandy

Star Member
Mar 6, 2010
"We received your payment, along with one or more citizenship applications. To find out how long it takes to process a routine application, please consult the Application Processing Times. " This is what it says online when I checked with my client ID #.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Just wonder if anyone knows whether there will be any expiry time of the language test for the citizenship?

samooo

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Suin said:
Just wonder if anyone knows whether there will be any expiry time of the language test for the citizenship?
hi guys just a question ,,,what is the third party test in the canadian goverment ?

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

As per the link below, whoever "passed" a language test when becoming a PR, can submit a copy of those previous results to CIC for citizenship purposes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

All the best.
Cheerio.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I have applied for the Citizenship back in Dec 2011 ,but I didn't do the citizenship test yet, Do I still have to send the English proficiency prove ?
Thanks

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
look4d said:
Hi Guys,

I have applied for the Citizenship back in Dec 2011 ,but I didn't do the citizenship test yet, Do I still have to send the English proficiency prove ?
Thanks
no, only new applications - the ones that will file applications beginning from November 1.

sovo1998

Nov 21, 2012
Hi, may be anybody can help me with my problem.. Our application were received on 24 Oct 2012 (there is an official stamp RECEIVED 24 OCT 2012 on application), and on 12 of Nov I received them back with note that we have to send proof of language... But as far as I understand only application which RECEIVED after Nov 2012 suppose to have this proof. What you will suggest me to do? Can I complain about this situation and if so whom I have to phone to fix this. I have a feeling that somebody was tired and didn't work with my papers and decided to return those.
Any advise will be appreciated!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your options are:

1. Send the forms back with a covering letter pointing out the stamped 'received date' and that the application should be processed as per the pre November process/ no language requirements. Mial the letter registered/ to be signed for. It would be useful to speak with CIC too on this but still mail.

2. As 1 but with proof of language. This negates a 'it was received after Nov 1' scenario.

3. New/ Fresh forms with proof of language.

In your shoes I would go with option 2 if language requirements were not an issue. If they are then go with option 1. This covers you either way and negates any scope of some judicial process that may impact on overall processing times.

samooo

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
jaspersaini said:
CLB 4 Benchmarks are very easy to get, don't write yourself off.

Best of luck
hellloo guys im here again i just have a question ??????????????
i get my result today for the language test in the canadian immmigration services ,
and this is the result
listening --6

speaking__7

reading __4

writing __5

is these marks good enough as proof for the new rules canadian citizenship languge requirment
pllzzzz answer me if some one know about this ???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

samooo said:
hellloo guys im here again i just have a question ??????????????
i get my result today for the language test in the canadian immmigration services ,
and this is the result
listening --6

speaking__7

reading __4

writing __5

is these marks good enough as proof for the new rules canadian citizenship languge requirment
pllzzzz answer me if some one know about this ???
You are fine, as only Listening and speaking have to meet the language requirement.

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Hi, i have a question on behalf of some family members. My whole family moved from england in 2002. My sister and I already have our citizenship as we are both travelers. Now, my mom and step father are looking to apply for theirs. They obviously speak fluent english, but do no have their school certificates as they graduated many moons ago, and not even sure how they would go about obtaining one. What are their options?