3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Re: Proof of funds for intial application

can i show my parents {mom} property in POF . well i can arrange evaluation report of these property . In these property she has recommended me as nominee.

hfcanada

Dec 14, 2010

siddharth_pharma84 said:
can i show my parents {mom} property in POF . well i can arrange evaluation report of these property . In these property she has recommended me as nominee.
No, you cannot show parents property as POF. you can only show, Bank draft, T.C, liquid cash, Bank statement mostly those banks which are in canada eg Scotia bank .

Regards,
hfcanada

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can.
CAD$
USD$
Euro
UK Pound
accepted as POF cash, TC or Demand draft or Bank statement if you have account with canadian bank , even Bank of America account statement also valid for POF @ landing time.

OMM

hfcanada said:
hi All Experts,

Need your help- can i carry 5000 USD $ cash and remaining amount in CAD ?

Please suggest

Thanks

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

siddharth_pharma84 said:
No you can not. but you can transfer on your name and evaluate it, than its ok. property should be on name of PA or spouse or on name of dependents of PA (childs) only accepted.
for example: your bank statement, spouse bank statement or fixed deposite of spouse, bank statement of child/s or fixed deposite on name of your child/s is accepted.

OMM

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
We applied for a HSBC Canada account last Monday, and we were told it would take 5 working days to set up. I phoned them a short while ago, and apparently it didn't even leave the UK until Friday, she said the application might just have got to Canada today but it will not be set up until this Friday.

Last Friday we transferred most of our savings to a money company (Halo Financial) and they now await our instructions to download the funds to Canada. These savings will amount to almost $16,000 CAD - well in excess of the minimum settlement funds required.

However- if we don't get our Canada sort code and account number until next Monday, and it's probably going to take 3/4 working days for the money to clear from Halo Financial, this only leaves us 1 week until we land, and probably not enough time for HSBC Canada to mail us statements so we can prove our Canadian funds.

Thinking maybe they can send a fax to our UK branch so we can collect it? Would the authorities accept a fax from HSBC Canada as POF? If we have internet banking set up by then we could print the statements/online balance ourselves - but once again would they accept this at port of entry?

Wayne.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wayne its risk. better to enter with complete POF and open account in Canada after landing.
by the way you must have to show POF at landing so why travel with tension & risk!!!

OMM

agape

Aug 10, 2011
Hi. I am a new member and currently in working in Edmonton, Alberta under NOC category B ( Food Service Supervisor ). I've been here for 4 months and currently completing my requirements/documents so I can file my PR application under Federal Skilled Worker Class. My question is about the proof of funds : Should I submit proof of funds according to the requirements stated below or it is not necessary if my employer will provide the letter as stated in the document Number 10 checklist and a copy of my work permit?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Agape

qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.

dudu13

Aug 10, 2011
Hello!
It's for the first time when I use this forum. I'm from Romania and I intend to become a permanent resident in Canada under the skilled worker programme. I'm very confused because I've checked the Document Checklist yesterday and I've noticed that we can not any more prove that we have settlement funds in Canada with a property.
The paragraph: "All assets and liabilities...." disappeared.
Have someone else noticed this, too ?
If I borrow this ammount of money from the bank could be a problem?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
omm said:
Wayne its risk. better to enter with complete POF and open account in Canada after landing.
by the way you must have to show POF at landing so why travel with tension & risk!!!

OMM
Too late now! We wanted to take advantage of the fact that the exchange rate sterling to CAD got past 1.60 for the first time in 12 months and when our bank said it would only take 5 working days to set up we thought we had plenty of time to sort this. However it's looking like it'll be 10 working nows, which makes it tight.

Worst comes to worst hopefully HSBC Canada can fax a balance statement to our HSBC branch here in the UK before we fly. We should also have telephone banking set up by then so that we can phone that and the officials can hear the balance on the phone from HSBC Canada if needed.

Wayne.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
agape said:
Hi. I am a new member and currently in working in Edmonton, Alberta under NOC category B ( Food Service Supervisor ). I've been here for 4 months and currently completing my requirements/documents so I can file my PR application under Federal Skilled Worker Class. My question is about the proof of funds : Should I submit proof of funds according to the requirements stated below or it is not necessary if my employer will provide the letter as stated in the document Number 10 checklist and a copy of my work permit?

Your reply will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Agape
If u have an offer letter from the Canadian employer -- the requirement of POF is waived.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
dudu13 said:
Hello!
It's for the first time when I use this forum. I'm from Romania and I intend to become a permanent resident in Canada under the skilled worker programme. I'm very confused because I've checked the Document Checklist yesterday and I've noticed that we can not any more prove that we have settlement funds in Canada with a property.
The paragraph: "All assets and liabilities...." disappeared.
Have someone else noticed this, too ?
If I borrow this ammount of money from the bank could be a problem?
You cannot borrow the money. Not from a bank, not from a friend and not from a family member.

The funds must be yours, unencumbered by debt and readily transferrable to Canada.

However, please note that equity in property is accepted by CIC, but that individual visa offices are more willing to accept this than others. It may be possible to use equity in property for your proof of funding at the application stage, but check with others who have applied with the same visa office to see if this will be accepted. Or better still contact the visa office and get them to confirm what they will accept.

Although property can sometimes be used at the application stage, when it comes to landing you must have these funds in actual cash in the bank (or traveller's cheques/drafts etc).

If you are able to use property as proof of funds, get 3 estate agent valuations and a mortgage letter so CIC can see how much equity you hold.

Wayne.

dudu13

Aug 10, 2011
I'm sure that many people used to prove that have enough funds with their property. But this practice was permited by CIC with the following mentions:
"Funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets."
or
"All assets and liabilities...".
For two or three days the Document Checklist has been changed and I ca not find any kind of this information.
I have an apartment, it's my property and, of course, I intended to sell it before leaving Romania. It's value is more than the ammount of money Canada wants to prove for settlement.
I'm very confused, upset...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
dudu13 said:
I'm sure that many people used to prove that have enough funds with their property. But this practice was permited by CIC with the following mentions:
"Funds
Indicate the amount (in Canadian dollars) of unencumbered, transferable and available funds that you have. This amount can include the value of any property that you own, but should not include jewellery, cars or other personal assets."
or
"All assets and liabilities...".
For two or three days the Document Checklist has been changed and I ca not find any kind of this information.
I have an apartment, it's my property and, of course, I intended to sell it before leaving Romania. It's value is more than the ammount of money Canada wants to prove for settlement.
I'm very confused, upset...
I guess also CIC are weary in the current economic climate that the value of property can change drastically during an applicant's process.

We didn't have enough cash in the bank when we first applied - but we did have enough equity in our property, so we supplied 3 estate agent quotations and 1 mortgage letter as proof of funding with our application. However, since apply we saved up funds in our savings account, and around March this year we had sufficient funds to exceed the minimum requirement even without our house equity, so we sent this additional proof to our visa office.

It is a good job we did because the value of our house has plummeted since last year's valuation and we now have only a small amount of equity in it.

So maybe CIC have ceased the practice of allowing property to be used as proof of funds?

I guess it is a difficult situation. CIC want to be sure the applicant is economically viable at the time they apply, so I agree funds must be shown at the application stage. But if an applicant have their funds tied up in property it's unreasonable to expect the applicant to sell their home and live in temporary accomodation for 12+ months when they don't even know for sure they will get the visa?

Perhaps what will have to happen now, if CIC have indeed stopped allowing property to be used as proof of funds, is people are going to have to just work hard to save up the money, prior to applying.

Wayne.

dudu13

Aug 10, 2011
In the Instruction Guide, on 39 page, there are still details about the assets and liabilities we can use to prove our settlement funds. So, we can use this information or it's more important the instructions from the Document Checklist?

I don't understand why we can not borrow money from the bank?
How could CIC find the truth?

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear...as per the authority given by an applicant, CHC can inquiry directly from Bank anything about funds declared i.e. about it's nature, availability, usage etc etc etc. So do not use any mean which is not allowed as per standards.

For general know how, refer below link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

asyouusf