+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Dear ASYOUSUF

Thank you for your comments:
It is quite clear that POF through (1)Cash,and (3) Bank Draft and Travellers Cheque are two recoganised options as Declared by CIC, but I want to know how I can take advantage of their (2) point:• securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) Whether my deposits certificates do not come under this definition.

regards,

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi, Akrum66,

I don't think there is any problem with your saving certificate or term deposit (both are cashable). It is same as CIC has mentioned as POF, it should be transferrable to Canada.

Regards,

hmisabpk

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Akrum66 said:
Hi, Akrum66,

I don't think there is any problem with your saving certificate or term deposit (both are cashable). It is same as CIC has mentioned as POF, it should be transferrable to Canada.

Regards,

hmisabpk

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Money i.e proof of fund, is needed for living in Canada...Rent, Food, utilities etc.... Hence you need Money IN HAND...

Best to be safe and take Bank Draft / Cash etc..Rest is personal decision .
Regards

Regar
DEVILHIMSELFF

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akrum66 said:
Dear ASYOUSUF

Thank you for your comments:
It is quite clear that POF through (1)Cash,and (3) Bank Draft and Travellers Cheque are two recoganised options as Declared by CIC, but I want to know how I can take advantage of their (2) point:• securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) Whether my deposits certificates do not come under this definition.

regards,
Hi!

As said by asyousuf " securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) " are good at the initial stage only but not later on.

Remember when you will be asked for medicals they will also ask you to show proof of funds again and where they will say clearly that please show liquid funds only in your current bank account. Security deposits / certificates wont be acceptable at that stage. I have seen on this forum when people were asked for proof of funds again at the time of medicals they were asked to show liquid funds only. Please search the forum to find details.

At POE on landing do not carry savings certificates / term deposit statements as they can put you in trouble. Also I learned from this forum that carrying a bank draft in 3 currencies only i-e Euro,US $, CAD $ will be helpful. If you carry a bank draft in Pakistani rupee or other currency that can also be risky.

For more advise and help you can check with qorax.

Thanks much........

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
pittabread said:
Hi!

As said by asyousuf " securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) " are good at the initial stage only but not later on.

Remember when you will be asked for medicals they will also ask you to show proof of funds again and where they will say clearly that please show liquid funds only in your current bank account. Security deposits / certificates wont be acceptable at that stage. I have seen on this forum when people were asked for proof of funds again at the time of medicals they were asked to show liquid funds only. Please search the forum to find details.

At POE on landing do not carry savings certificates / term deposit statements as they can put you in trouble. Also I learned from this forum that carrying a bank draft in 3 currencies only i-e Euro,US $, CAD $ will be helpful. If you carry a bank draft in Pakistani rupee or other currency that can also be risky.

Thanks much........
Dear Pitta bread
Congrats on ur 2000th post long journey and great work..........

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
pittabread said:
Hi!

Thanks much........
As suggested by Captain qorax many times and acknowledge by others...ideal combination is 20:80 i.e. 20% cash and 80% in TC / DD form
gud luk

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pittabread said:
Thanks much dear..... :)
Dear friend,
Do think that DECISION MADE is bug. When Accenture is working with the CIC and CBSA to provide their officers with a comprehensive and consistent view of a client's information by implementing a Global Case Management System.
CIC and CBSA employees provide a full range of citizen and immigration programs—from processing visitor applications to handling requests for permanent residence—at a time of increasing workloads and demands for greater accountability and results.

Accenture Awarded Contract to Help Citizenship and Immigration Canada Develop Global Case Management System

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has awarded Accenture a contract to help CIC design, develop and deploy a global case management system that will be used in Canada and at overseas missions to support the management of immigration and citizenship programs.

This first contract, which involves validating the business requirements and developing the high-level system design, is valued at approximately $4.8 million (US$3.1 million).

The new system will replace 14 of CIC's core legacy systems and will include full case histories on individuals and links to related files, making it easier for department employees to access and manage data. The system is also expected to help CIC streamline its operations and facilitate information sharing with key stakeholders.

Each year the CIC processes approximately 1.3 million visitor, citizen, immigrant and sponsorship applications; 320,000 employment and student authorizations; and 40,000 refugee claims, in addition to fielding 4.5 million calls.

"Like other immigration organizations, CIC is striving to improve customer service and adopt customer relationship management practices that are prevalent in the corporate world," said Graeme Gordon, the partner responsible for Accenture's Immigration, Justice and Security practice. "With the new case management system and some reengineered processes, the CIC should be able to operate more efficiently and improve its customer service."

The Accenture team working on the global case management system also includes Microsoft, Siebel and Ajilon, a Canadian professional services supplier with expertise in customer relationship management.

Regards
indian

Akrum66

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Mr Pittar beard and Yousuf will you like to inform me that how many day in advance, I should make booking of any air line like Qatar Air line from Karachi (Pakistan) to Toronto (Canada).

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Akrum66 said:
Mr Pittar beard and Yousuf will you like to inform me that how many day in advance, I should make booking of any air line like Qatar Air line from Karachi (Pakistan) to Toronto (Canada).
Repeat post... replied elsewhere.

shezi

Mar 6, 2008
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
very useful post :)

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Akrum66

at least 2-3 months ahead of your planned visit.
Qatar does not go to Toronto, Turkish Airlines does.

startplay

May 27, 2011
qorax said:
Repeat post... replied elsewhere.
Hi qorax.
I just want to know is it necessary to carry EXACT amount of money as P.O.F. as mentioned by you?. Like, Can I carry 9500 CAD instead of 11100 CAD?

thanx in advance

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
startplay said:
Hi qorax.
I just want to know is it necessary to carry EXACT amount of money as P.O.F. as mentioned by you?. Like, Can I carry 9500 CAD instead of 11100 CAD?

thanx in advance
U r required to carry ditto or more. Any lesser - u might be denied entry.