10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Smip86

no worries. CHC ND is well aware of the weak phoning networks in Indian rural areas.
if they wanna carry out any investigation, they'd send a team.
in most cases there are no verifications.

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
pittabread said:
http://www.sendingmoneytoindia.com/how-much-money-can-an-indian-remit-abroad/544/

A resident Indian can remit up to $100,000 per year towards maintenance expenses of close relatives abroad, studies abroad, emigration abroad, medical treatment abroad, and employment abroad.

Also check

http://www.immihelp.com/newcomer/foreign-exchange-india.html
@pittabread
How much can someone from Pakistan remit ? Please also mention any official web link if you can

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss1886 said:
@ pittabread
How much can someone from Pakistan remit ? Please also mention any official web link if you can
Hi!

I have tried very hard but couldn't find any link or any conclusive information regarding Pakistan. I saw at some places they talked about no limits of sending remittance from Pakistan to abroad. However to be sure you can contact state bank of Pakistan who controls everything.

Their link is

http://www.sbp.org.pk/contact/index.asp

then go to

Foreign Exchange etc. Send them email. Their email is

forex @ sbp.org.pk

or you can phone them

telephone no is

Phone: 111-727-111

Address.

State Bank of Pakistan
Central Directorate
I.I. Chundrigar Road
Karachi
Pakistan.

Thanks

Smip86

Sep 23, 2011
India-Nagpur
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent With Application
Nomination.....
PER Received on 29-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band Sent with Application
File Transfer...
27-04-2012
Med's Request
Received on 07-09-2012
Med's Done....
29-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received on 07-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30-11-2012
LANDED..........
Planning for SEP.13
Dear Qorax

I had planned to apply for PR & for that gathers almost all document but have some query regarding my newly born baby & Proof of Fund.Firstly i came to.

Newly Born Baby.

He is 4 months old & we have decided not to bring him to Canada with us until we get settle down & he will be stay here in India with my In laws. So will filling IM0008 wat should i do?

Proof of Funds

For proof of Funds we have open new bank account which is only 3 month old is that create any problem & previously don't have any bank account & we gather all available fund in these new account in the form of FD's.

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Smita

jiteng02

Dec 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Scotland
NOC Code......
Halo Qorax,

Is there any specific limit for each person that how much CAD I can carry in DD/TC and how much in cash?

I am going there on PR, with my wife and 6 Year old daughter, how much I need to carry. I am planning to buy TCs and some cash. Please reply soon as I am leaving on 7th Feb.

Thanks & Regards in advance

Jitender Verma
+919814008830

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jiteng02 said:
Halo Qorax,

Is there any specific limit for each person that how much CAD I can carry in DD/TC and how much in cash?

I am going there on PR, with my wife and 6 Year old daughter, how much I need to carry. I am planning to buy TCs and some cash. Please reply soon as I am leaving on 7th Feb.

Thanks & Regards in advance

Jitender Verma
+919814008830
How much can u carry is tad difficult to answer... 'coz that'd depend on ur capability & ur country's forex policy.

However, how much can u bring here is easy -- u can bring-in as much as u desire, but not lesser than the CIC guideline.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Smip86 said:
Dear Qorax

I had planned to apply for PR & for that gathers almost all document but have some query regarding my newly born baby & Proof of Fund.Firstly i came to.

Newly Born Baby.

He is 4 months old & we have decided not to bring him to Canada with us until we get settle down & he will be stay here in India with my In laws. So will filling IM0008 wat should i do?

Proof of Funds

For proof of Funds we have open new bank account which is only 3 month old is that create any problem & previously don't have any bank account & we gather all available fund in these new account in the form of FD's.

Please help me out.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Smita
A. Whether ur baby accompanies u or otherwise, u have to file in his/her details... get the meds done etc. It'd be just a matter of paying the fees, rest all remains same. Side Note: Make the baby accompanying - life becomes much easier then.

B. I haven't checked the FSW guide lately. What does it say? If it's mum on the POF bank statements - u can just show a banker's letter declaring ur total unencumbered funds. If it states 6 months bank statement - so it'd be then.

blu

Jan 30, 2012
last year proof of ownership was accepted as equivalent to the required proof of funds.

Is it true that only cash bank deposits are accepted?

I live in the philippines but I would like to use 2 different accounts, one is a Dollar account and the other a special Peso savings account.. will there be a problem or that's ok? thanks for reading and replying!

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
pittabread said:
Hi!

I have tried very hard but couldn't find any link or any conclusive information regarding Pakistan. I saw at some places they talked about no limits of sending remittance from Pakistan to abroad. However to be sure you can contact state bank of Pakistan who controls everything.

Their link is

http://www.sbp.org.pk/contact/index.asp

then go to

Foreign Exchange etc. Send them email. Their email is

forex @ sbp.org.pk

or you can phone them

telephone no is

Phone: 111-727-111

Address.

State Bank of Pakistan
Central Directorate
I.I. Chundrigar Road
Karachi
Pakistan.

Thanks
@pittabread
Thanks

Feb 6, 2012
qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.
Thank you Qorax Very valuable information!!!!

samcanada

Feb 4, 2012
Virtualsurround said:
Thank you Qorax Very valuable information!!!!
Thank u so much for the information.

Please guide about the TCs and Bank Draft.

In Pakistan what is the secure and economical channel for this. Previously we used 'Dollar East' , is there any other bank or anyting for the purpose bank draft and Traveler Cheq.

Thanks
Sam

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
samcanada said:
Thank u so much for the information.

Please guide about the TCs and Bank Draft.

In Pakistan what is the secure and economical channel for this. Previously we used 'Dollar East' , is there any other bank or anyting for the purpose bank draft and Traveler Cheq.

Thanks
Sam
Yes , wall street

cissino

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Dubai - U.A.E
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
11/03/2011
Med's Done....
19/04/2011
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
.23/03/2012.............
qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.
Excellent and very informative!

canada plus

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 24th, 2011
Dear Qorax,

Need your usual cooperation.

1. We can't carry as much many out of our country, through any forms. Neither can't open account in Canadian banks. So, one way out is a friend of mine is planning to send me a money order like "western union" in my name so that I can cash it at one banks at Toronto. The whole purpose is to show while landing. Is that okay ? Or any other meanses.

2. I hear that a survival job could earn on average Canadian dollar 10+ an hour. Is that after income tax ?

Thanks and regards,

canada plus

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ QORAX....thanks for very informative post...
....What is the best way to carry landing funds frm India...I wanna return back within a month...If i carry PF as abnk draft, then i will have to pay 4 % conversion charges at HDFC ...ie. Rs 34000 conversion charges for $ 17000....it will result in loss of around 34000 Rs if i wanna cancel that DD on returining back home...i do not know any cancellation charges for DD in HDFC in India......thanks