+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need guidance about the amount which I need to show as proof of funds for visitors visa. Please suggest a minimum amount I should have in my account

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Need guidance about the amount which I need to show as proof of funds for visitors visa. Please suggest a minimum amount I should have in my account
Single? Length of visit? Itinerary? There is no set amount but you need to show stable income over the past 4 months to support a visit including airfare plus not use all your savings. So for a two week visit for one person say around $10k. Seen people on this forum refused for 2 people with $22k in funds.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Single? Length of visit? Itinerary? There is no set amount but you need to show stable income over the past 4 months to support a visit including airfare plus not use all your savings. So for a two week visit for one person say around $10k. Seen people on this forum refused for 2 people with $22k in funds.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes going alone, will be staying with my daughter. Most of my money is in a fixed deposit from which I get monthly income. Do you think that can be accepted as proof of funds

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
Yes going alone, will be staying with my daughter. Most of my money is in a fixed deposit from which I get monthly income. Do you think that can be accepted as proof of funds
If the FD can be converted to cash immediately, yes. If daughter is citizen or PR, why not supervisa if don’t have funds.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the FD can be converted to cash immediately, yes. If daughter is citizen or PR, why not supervisa if don’t have funds.
I assume it takes longer to process supervisa and I was planning a trip for August. As I will be staying with her so I just need enough money to buy the ticket plus some spending money, approximately 5 or 6 k.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I assume it takes longer to process supervisa and I was planning a trip for August. As I will be staying with her so I just need enough money to buy the ticket plus some spending money, approximately 5 or 6 k.
You can check processing times as super-visa may be faster. Show what you have with letter of invitation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even if you will be staying with her during your visit you normally have to show that you do have the funds available in case you are no longer able to stay with her. There have been examples where there are family arguments and family members no longer want visitors staying with them or to pay for their travel expenses like a flight home. This is why visitors need to be able to show that they could cover any costs to house themselves and return home if needed. There seems to be some flexibility when it comes to parents but also doesn’t make sense to suddenly liquidate your FD or have someone transfer a large amount of money to you so include your current financial information and if denied attempt a supervisa if you qualify for one.

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you will be staying with her during your visit you normally have to show that you do have the funds available in case you are no longer able to stay with her. There have been examples where there are family arguments and family members no longer want visitors staying with them or to pay for their travel expenses like a flight home. This is why visitors need to be able to show that they could cover any costs to house themselves and return home if needed. There seems to be some flexibility when it comes to parents but also doesn’t make sense to suddenly liquidate your FD or have someone transfer a large amount of money to you so include your current financial information and if denied attempt a supervisa if you qualify for one.
Makes sense. Can you suggest the amount needed for one person which would be considered optimal by the visa officers.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Makes sense. Can you suggest the amount needed for one person which would be considered optimal by the visa officers.
No set amount .. At a minimum

1. Cost of return ticket
2. Cost of your insurance for the duration of visit
3. Cost of your stay assuming you had to stay in a hotel for duration of stay

On top of that you can assume costs like meals, entertainment or transportation during stay. And this amount should ideally be not a bit portion of your savings.

Reactions: SASIF

SASIF

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No set amount .. At a minimum

1. Cost of return ticket
2. Cost of your insurance for the duration of visit
3. Cost of your stay assuming you had to stay in a hotel for duration of stay

On top of that you can assume costs like meals, entertainment or transportation during stay. And this amount should ideally be not a bit portion of your savings.
Thanks a million

ljoseph

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,
I currently hold PGWP. How much amount of funds (approximately) are to be shown to apply for a visitor visa? Currently, I have a job in which I can work only until my work permit expires.
I am planning to submit my pay statement along with proof of funds(bank statement).

Thanks