+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS

RUMRAM

Jun 2, 2016
Good day,

I've gotten my acceptance for post grad and currently looking to apply to the embassy. My consultant however advised me to ensure that my proof of funds is a bank statement reflecting funds that will cover my stay for the period. This includes tuition, housing, books, food etc.

To show all that funds however is a challenge.

What particulars does the embassy look for as it relates to proof of funds?
Do they look for a pattern in the statements to verify if the funds is initially yours or being borrowed?
Is there a work around to prove that my family can cover my expenses for the time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to show a bank balance that covers the costs of first year tuition + $10K living expenses as part of your study permit application. The bank statement either needs to be yours or the statement of a close family member who is sponsoring your studies.

RUMRAM

Jun 2, 2016
scylla said:
You need to show a bank balance that covers the costs of first year tuition + $10K living expenses as part of your study permit application. The bank statement either needs to be yours or the statement of a close family member who is sponsoring your studies.
Appreciate it :)

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
if you are applying under SPP/university category, there is no need for bank statements, they are completely optional. your GIC($10K) and college fee receipts will be sufficient(if minimum fees is mentioned then it is fine otherwise atleast deposit 1 year/semester fees-depends on your course). only go for bank statements if you had good bank balance from last 6 months. otherwise in general student/repeat category apart from bank statements, income tax returns(ITR) are also strongly recommenced by embassy. if you cannot provide ITR then give letter of explanation eg. you have non taxable income etc.