+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds while landing

bbn

Oct 16, 2016
Apologies if this is already answered.

I am planning do landing on coming Tuesday. I will be moving from USA.

While landing, can I provide bank statements from any US banks as proof of funds? Or should I get DD and cash as proof of funds?

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
As much as I know Bank Statements are good enough for both Immigration and Arrival (if asked to show)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Apologies if this is already answered.

I am planning do landing on coming Tuesday. I will be moving from USA.

While landing, can I provide bank statements from any US banks as proof of funds? Or should I get DD and cash as proof of funds?
Yes, you can show your US bank statement. Some have landed with as little as 30CAD in cash and showed the rest in their non-Canadian bank account.

Congrats and all the best in Canada.

Reactions: FaizanF

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, you can show your US bank statement. Some have landed with as little as 30CAD in cash and showed the rest in their non-Canadian bank account.

Congrats and all the best in Canada.
Hi TanakaM,

I am also new here. I wanted to know that for how long should the funds be maintained in my account before taking out the Bank Statement to submit for Immigration? I am hoping to open new bank account. Your help will be appreciated.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi TanakaM,

I am also new here. I wanted to know that for how long should the funds be maintained in my account before taking out the Bank Statement to submit for Immigration? I am hoping to open new bank account. Your help will be appreciated.
In general, for 6 months. So since you have had the funds in your account for more than a year, I would advise against moving it until after you land. Or you can move the and have documentation ready to prove that these are your funds and you have moved them from one account to the other.

All the best

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
In general, for 6 months. So since you have had the funds in your account for more than a year, I would advise against moving it until after you land. Or you can move the and have documentation ready to prove that these are your funds and you have moved them from one account to the other.

All the best
No it was not me who has it for an year or so. It was bbn(other member). I replied to it. But thanks a lot for clearing up that I should maintain the funds for 6 months in my new account.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
No it was not me who has it for an year or so. It was bbn(other member). I replied to it. But thanks a lot for clearing up that I should maintain the funds for 6 months in my new account.
Oh sorry, my bad.

I say in general because all the don't want to see is a huge difference between you current and 6 months average balances with out an explanation for the major influx of funds. So for example if you receive a gift from a family member, a gift deed can be used to explain the major increase. If you have disposed of an asset, ownership documents and a proof of sale can be used to explain the increase in funds. In such cases you don't need to have kept funds in the account for more than 6 months.

Regards

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
Oh sorry, my bad.

I say in general because all the don't want to see is a huge difference between you current and 6 months average balances with out an explanation for the major influx of funds. So for example if you receive a gift from a family member, a gift deed can be used to explain the major increase. If you have disposed of an asset, ownership documents and a proof of sale can be used to explain the increase in funds. In such cases you don't need to have kept funds in the account for more than 6 months.

Regards
Thanks again for reply. I am planning to open new account and will deposit funds in it. But what if I receive an ITA before 6 months, will it affect my application?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks again for reply. I am planning to open new account and will deposit funds in it. But what if I receive an ITA before 6 months, will it affect my application?
I guess this is when my first answer comes in. You can go ahead, however, be prepared to submit documents that prove these are funds you have just transferred from another account.

FaizanF

Oct 28, 2017
I guess this is when my first answer comes in. You can go ahead, however, be prepared to submit documents that prove these are funds you have just transferred from another account.
What type of documents you mean? Kindly elaborate.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
What If i am depositing these funds through cash?
Then my second answer applies. Keep the funds for 6 months or have evidence of the source of these funds.