+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds while landing

Apoorvakat

Oct 27, 2017
Hi senior members,
I have a similar query. We are applying for express entry. I am the primary applicant.

My husband is on a ICT transfer here. We have been staying in canada for the past three months so the bank statement can only be for three months.The rest we will be showing is my Indian account (which is gift deed).
So adding up both accounts we can show minimum required funds. Is it ok to show three months statements of my husbands salary account canada and an indian account together?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi senior members,
I have a similar query. We are applying for express entry. I am the primary applicant.

My husband is on a ICT transfer here. We have been staying in canada for the past three months so the bank statement can only be for three months.The rest we will be showing is my Indian account (which is gift deed).
So adding up both accounts we can show minimum required funds. Is it ok to show three months statements of my husbands salary account canada and an indian account together?
Hi,

Yes, this is perfectly fine. To avoid confusion you must clearly explain this in your LOE.

Regards

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I showed around 35000$ and got my approval. But i take out some of the money for use but i will put around 25000$ is that enough for canada immigration. I will be landing on 10 january 2018 please help me out im confused

Reactions: MikeyMikeDude

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I showed around 35000$ and got my approval. But i take out some of the money for use but i will put around 25000$ is that enough for canada immigration. I will be landing on 10 january 2018 please help me out im confused
Hi, this depends on how big your family is and which $ you are referring to.

What you entered in the application does not matter. All you need is to have more than the minimum required funds.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Happy holidays and all the best on your landing.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Guys,
I have around 13000 cad in my dmat account that I use for share trading.
Will it be a problem if I transfer it at the time of travel to my bank account?
I travel on 2nd march.

Mohammad216

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Hi, this depends on how big your family is and which $ you are referring to.

What you entered in the application does not matter. All you need is to have more than the minimum required funds.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Happy holidays and all the best on your landing.

Thank you for your reply but nothing is written for the students. In my IMM form I wrote my year expenses around 8000-9000$ and my total fees 12800$ Which is equal to 25000$ will that will be enough to satisfy immigration officer and the bank statement should be stamped from the bank or I can print it by myself?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
I have around 13000 cad in my dmat account that I use for share trading.
Will it be a problem if I transfer it at the time of travel to my bank account?
I travel on 2nd march.
dont think so. in most cases landing officer doesnt even ask for bank statements... but its best to keep it just in case...

and no - they wont check whether you had that money for >6 months

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
dont think so. in most cases landing officer doesnt even ask for bank statements... but its best to keep it just in case...

Thanks bro.
So till then I'll continue to use my dmat as usual and will transfer money to my account later.

Sep 1, 2017
Hello,
I'm landing in Vancouver in April end and planning to carry ~CAD 5K in cash and rest POF to be shown through the Indian bank statements. Will do a wire transfer once I open the account in Canada.

Please advise if this will work...

Thanks!

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019

Thanks; how do you know they won’t check to see if you had the money for the last six months?