+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
Hi All,

The PoF issued by my bank does not contain email address per CIC requirement, and only mentioned last 4 digits of accounts. I do have a business card from the bank agent with email address. I also have bank statements showing full account numbers.

May I ask what could I do to satisfy the CIC requirement? Thanks!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi All,

The PoF issued by my bank does not contain email address per CIC requirement, and only mentioned last 4 digits of accounts. I do have a business card from the bank agent with email address. I also have bank statements showing full account numbers.

May I ask what could I do to satisfy the CIC requirement? Thanks!
I think the letter issued by your bank along with account statements for the last 6 months and the agent's business card should suffice.

Good luck.

idebony

Jun 30, 2017
Hello everyone , Please is it possible to update my fund in the express entry from 27,000 CAD back to 15 600 CAD ( 2 applicants). I declared 15, 600 CAD as POF through OINP application and my status is still showing Decision in Progress.

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
There are 2 options as per my limited understanding..seniors might help better in this:

1. I got my balance certificate recently and the bank didn't mention the loan and credit debts in it in the first draft. Although I had one car loan pending which I cleared just because of this. When I requested to mention the loan and credit debt details to be mentioned in it..they simply mention that I don't have any loan pending..without looking into my details.
So if you can persuade your bank to write so..that would be a decent way to do things as loan doesn't mean you have to pay everything in one go. It will be monthly premium and will take years to clear. If bank can understand it and write so..good.

2. Second option will be, in case you don't have any other income source, to sell the car.
Get the car loan cleared and then sell the car.
Take the scan of the sale deal and get the money transfer via check. Take scan of the check as well.
Attach the sales deal and check in the PoF document list and mention this source of income in your LoE.
Immigration officers deal with these and trickier PoF scenarios on daily basis. I am sure they will easily understand your income source.

Good luck.
I do have an income source as I am a full-time employee with fixed monthly salary & a contract. I just don't want to be rejected over such a matter even though logically it doesn't make sense.

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I went to the bank to get my POF. They did everything properly. The only thing missing was the contact number and e-mail address. When I told them, they said we will write it by hand. Would that be okay?
The paper will have all signatures and stamps.

asa221

Aug 17, 2017
Okay, here is the situation - i have been raising 12 000 dollars for 5 years helping my parents in family business and studying (in cash, without investing these money to bank). For three years after i have been working for Legal Services with a monthly salary of 200 $. It is obviously that my average balance for 6-months will not give an idea where 12K came from as 200$ are spent each month for living. What POF documents i should provide after i get ITA?
Can you share your experiene with the proof of funds?

lakers17

Jul 20, 2017
Can i attach bank statements for 6 months? My bank(capital one 360) does not provide the certificate. Also, Can i provide statements of my brokerage account? Its liquid funds and well above the required min.

srvsh.pawar

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
24-07-2017
Hello,

A query regarding POF, I have made a sell of jewellery asset and the money available through the sell will be used by me for POF.
The jeweller has given a sell certificate on his letter head of the sell made.

Will that be shown as documentary evidence for the POF ? It's around 30% of fund value of POF.

Senior members can you help with your advise ?

ver

Jun 12, 2017
Hi all!

Please can anyone assist?

For the PoF, I am receiving a gift from my cousin who is overseas. She is prepared to do a gift deed and get it notarized.

My questions pertains to the following:

Will it ok from my cousin (not parents or siblings) to gift me the money?
Does she obtain the gift deed and notarized letter from her country of residence or do I get it from the country I am residing in.

Thank you in advance

quest4pr

Feb 20, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a question all experts here -
I was in US earlier, so have an account with Bank of America. Since I needed the Balance Certificate + Statements from them, so the best way for me (being in India now) was to call on the customer care and request for these things. I was informed that the documents that they would be sending will not have any signature or bank seal because it was request over phone and not in person.

So, I got statements + balance letter on a standard printout of BofA but without any Bank Seal or Bank official signature.

So, will that be ok? or should I get that notarized/attested here in India? Anything else that can be done in this case?

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Asking for a friend who doesn't have a bank account because he just moved to a new country. For POF he is planing on opening a new bank account in his current country of residence and will get all the money from his parents.

He has a gift deed but will it be enough or does he need any other documents as well? His account will have no transactions and is opened at the start of the same month he is planning to apply for PR.

He has another account in a different country that he used throughout last year but that account never had sufficient funds, not even close to 5k CAD. He is not planning adding bank statements for that account. Should he add them?

Alternate option:
His parents can submit that money in his account in a different country, this way his account will have a 6 month history, but now his country of residence will be different from the country of the account.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asking for a friend who doesn't have a bank account because he just moved to a new country. For POF he is planing on opening a new bank account in his current country of residence and will get all the money from his parents.

He has a gift deed but will it be enough or does he need any other documents as well? His account will have no transactions and is opened at the start of the same month he is planning to apply for PR.

He has another account in a different country that he used throughout last year but that account never had sufficient funds, not even close to 5k CAD. He is not planning adding bank statements for that account. Should he add them?

Alternate option:
His parents can submit that money in his account in a different country, this way his account will have a 6 month history, but now his country of residence will be different from the country of the account.
Yes to the bolded part.