+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello All

I have got a TD bank statement of past 6 months to show my proof of funds for express entry.

I am going to upload all my documents today. My bank statement is almost 1 week old. Does 7 days old bank statement work or the bank statement should be obtained on the day documents are transmitted in CIC website

Please help it's urgent thanks
You're fine. It is preferred to submit within 2 weeks from obtaining them. You're well within the limits.
Best of luck

sj11

Jun 13, 2017
Hi Vishal, I am currently studying in Canada and have completed a year of education. I have recently received my ITA and have some concerns with respect to my POF.

1) Since I am studying I have invested all my money towards the tuition fees and have taken a education loan. I have asked my dad to submit the money needed for the POF, but it has only been a month since then. How do I present my POF in such a case as I do not satisfy the average balance criteria for the last 6 months.

2) Would the education loan from India hamper my chances for the PR?

A count ant

Apr 2, 2011
A 'friend' of mine and his wife are planning on selling their jewelry and depositing that money in their account for POF but they plan on doing that at a later stage. Should they keep receipts of those in case required? How do cases like these go?

detailsreq

Jun 12, 2017
Hello All,

Need help about POF at landing. We are family of 4 with total requirement of approx 23k CAD. I will be doing my landing formalities next week. I am carrying 5000 CAD in cash and rest I will be showing my latest bank statements. I also have letters from the bank stating total amount in Indian currency and it's equivalent CAD amount as of that day.
Will bank statements and the letter from bank suffice?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Need help about POF at landing. We are family of 4 with total requirement of approx 23k CAD. I will be doing my landing formalities next week. I am carrying 5000 CAD in cash and rest I will be showing my latest bank statements. I also have letters from the bank stating total amount in Indian currency and it's equivalent CAD amount as of that day.
Will bank statements and the letter from bank suffice?
Yes.

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
1>What if bank does not provide average 6 months balance? They are providing 6 months statement.
2> regarding digital photo, how can i check that it is as per specifications? when i right clickmy digital photo, it is 420 by 540 in dimensions and shows 300 dpi horizontal and 300 dpi vertical. please help.
3> I have worked for same organisation for 10+ years. i am planning to take reference letter from my senior colleague. will he need to list down my roles and responsibilities at each designation i have held. or is a generic list of roles and responsibilities fine?

skstrials

Nov 18, 2015
Hello all!

I have just gotten the bank statement for my ITA application. I got ITA on May 17th; and the bank statement is for June 2nd.

If I were to finish all the documents this week, would I still need to keep my bank account above the said amount even after I send in the documents until I get the PR?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi Vishal, I am currently studying in Canada and have completed a year of education. I have recently received my ITA and have some concerns with respect to my POF.

1) Since I am studying I have invested all my money towards the tuition fees and have taken a education loan. I have asked my dad to submit the money needed for the POF, but it has only been a month since then. How do I present my POF in such a case as I do not satisfy the average balance criteria for the last 6 months.
No problems with the average balance as long as you can explain the source of funds and the proof of ownership of those funds which were credited in the last 6 months. Get a gift deed and proof of transfer from your father.
2) Would the education loan from India hamper my chances for the PR?
It will not hamper your POF.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
A 'friend' of mine and his wife are planning on selling their jewelry and depositing that money in their account for POF but they plan on doing that at a later stage. Should they keep receipts of those in case required? How do cases like these go?
They would need to upload the sale receipts/ deeds and proof of transfer ( cheque copy) at the time of application submission.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
1>What if bank does not provide average 6 months balance? They are providing 6 months statement.statements are fine in absence of averages
2> regarding digital photo, how can i check that it is as per specifications? when i right clickmy digital photo, it is 420 by 540 in dimensions and shows 300 dpi horizontal and 300 dpi vertical. please help.
Have to check this.
3> I have worked for same organisation for 10+ years. i am planning to take reference letter from my senior colleague. will he need to list down my roles and responsibilities at each designation i have held. or is a generic list of roles and responsibilities fine?make sure that roles and responsibilities match the NOC for each of the designation along with the tenure, salary and other details for each designation. If the letter is on plain paper then get it notarized and also upload your colleague's business card

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello all!

I have just gotten the bank statement for my ITA application. I got ITA on May 17th; and the bank statement is for June 2nd.

If I were to finish all the documents this week, would I still need to keep my bank account above the said amount even after I send in the documents until I get the PR?
Ideally you should maintain the balance as CIC may ask for a revised proof during the process.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please I have a few questions regarding the POF.

1. My sister is giving me the funds but we resude in different countries. Will the gift deed and accompanying affidavit require the signatures of both of us? If Yes, how do we go about this?

2. Does it matter if she transfers part of the money from one of her bank accts to the other?

Please assist.

Thank you

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

Please I have a few questions regarding the POF.

1. My sister is giving me the funds but we resude in different countries. Will the gift deed and accompanying affidavit require the signatures of both of us? If Yes, how do we go about this?
You can get the acceptance part done at your place, check with the public notary.
2. Does it matter if she transfers part of the money from one of her bank accts to the other?
It's her account, she can as she wants. Even if she transfers you the funds from 2 different accounts it is still fine. But all those transactions should be mentioned in the gift deed. Also upload the proof of transfer ( internet transfer receipt)
Please assist.

Thank you

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Thank you Vishalg. Please can you shed more light on the 'acceptance part'? Will it be a notary public from my end who prepares the gift deed or one from her end? And how will both signatures appear on the affidavit with us apart in distance?

Thank you