+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for replying! My banking account balance is about 8000 dollars and what if the employer pay me the salary. then I can wait two months salary and it should be enough fund. Is that ok? do I need to explain the money because the salary is less than 6 months. thanks again.
That's fine but you must not submit your eAPR until you meet the minimum required funds.

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
That's fine but you must not submit your eAPR until you meet the minimum required funds.
Thanks a lot. sorry for asking so many questions. I transferred 3500 to my friend two days ago and he said he would transfer me back this week. otherwise I don't have 8000 dollars. should I explain this saying I lend the money to my friend and he pay me back. the e transfer will state the name. thank you so much.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot. sorry for asking so many questions. I transferred 3500 to my friend two days ago and he said he would transfer me back this week. otherwise I don't have 8000 dollars. should I explain this saying I lend the money to my friend and he pay me back. the e transfer will state the name. thank you so much.
Yes, explain the transfer in a LOE and show when the funds were credited and debited from and to your account (bank statements should do the job).

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Yes, explain the transfer in a LOE and show when the funds were credited and debited from and to your account (bank statements should do the job).
He called me and said he would write me a check then I can deposit in my account. I can make a photo copy of the check and show it to the government. Do you think cheque is better? thank you !!!!

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Please admins and seniors, give me a hand!! please.!!

I am really really lost. Here is some facts to give context:

1) I received NOI from Ontario 3 days ago.
2) On April 2017 my brother (who lives in Canada but was here visiting at that time) gifted to me half of the required funds.
3) The deposit was made by check from a local bank here in my country.
4) OINP ask for 6 month bank statements. (They are gonna see that I got 50% of my funds 2 months ago)

Do I need a gift deed? If so, How my brother is gonna make it notarized? or is just enough to sign it by him and that's it?
I assume that you cannot notarize a document in Canada that state something that happened in other country.

Do I require a gift deed for OINP or it is just for ITA stage?

Please help me out!!

Thank you all
Can someone help me with this please?

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hey guys,

The difference between my last six months average balance and closing balance in my POF will be around 6500 CAD. Will this create any issue?

Reactions: JPITrader

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

The difference between my last six months average balance and closing balance in my POF will be around 6500 CAD. Will this create any issue?
No issue as long as you can explain the reason for such discrepancy (gift deed, sale of assets, money saved from salary, etc).

Reactions: JPITrader and vj9

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
No issue as long as you can explain the reason for such discrepancy (gift deed, sale of assets, money saved from salary, etc).
DelPiero07, please!!, I am really really lost. Here is some facts to give some context:

1) I received NOI from Ontario 2 weeks ago.
2) On April 2017 my brother (who lives in Canada but was here visiting at that time) gifted to me half of the required funds.
3) The deposit was made by check from a local bank here in my country.
4) OINP ask for 6 month bank statements. (They are gonna see that I got 50% of my funds 2 months ago)

Do I need a gift deed? If so, How my brother is gonna make it notarized? or is just enough to sign it by him and that's it?
I assume that you cannot notarize a document in Canada that state something that happened in other country.

Do I require a gift deed for OINP or it is just for ITA stage?

Please help me out!!

Thank you all

Sudhar25

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hi friends! I have query.

My father in law wishes to give me 13000CAD to show as proof of funds by mortgaging his home.

Can I use this to show as a valid POF?

Seeking your advice. Please help!

Last edited:

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Can someone help me with this please?
Yes, you would need a gift deed (which itself is a notarized document). As long as you can prove you do not have to return these funds to anyone, you are fine.

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hi friends! I have query.

My father in law wishes to give me 13000CAD to show as proof of funds by mortgaging his home.

Can I use this to show as a valid POF?

Seeking your advice. Please help!
I'm not an expert, but it is always better to get the amount from your blood relatives (if at all you are getting it as a gift).
So a workaround could be that, your father in law would transfer it to your father/brother/mother and get that from them into your account and get a gift deed. CIC expects that whichever money you are getting into your account is solely yours and you don't have to pay someone back. And gift amount from in-laws is not recommended (I guess... I'm not very sure).
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Sudhar25

divert2tuhin

Star Member
Nov 10, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a Fixed Deposit to show as Proof of Fund and supporting documents for source of this fund. But I have dues in my credit card which I am paying every month as installment. Though I will not attach my credit card statements, would OINP get to know about this via CIB report from central bank? Would OINP count this as debt/liability against Proof of Fund?

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
I have a Fixed Deposit to show as Proof of Fund and supporting documents for source of this fund. But I have dues in my credit card which I am paying every month as installment. Though I will not attach my credit card statements, would OINP get to know about this via CIB report from central bank? Would OINP count this as debt/liability against Proof of Fund?
Even if CIC does find out about your liabilities...make sure that the debt you have and the installment you are paying not make a significant difference in the amount you own... for example : if you own 100 and your liabilities are >50..then there is no point in showing the proof of funds... hope you get my point..