+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Folks,

I submitted my application today along with all the required proofs. However, I missed to upload the gift deed along with POF and my statement does show sudden jump in my account balance, which was transferred to my account from my Father's account.

Can someone help me here, is there a way to upload the gift deed now or I just have to wait for response from IRCC.
Someone please suggest :(

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

I applied for OINP on 26th June. Next day I received a letter saying that I was missing information regarding "Documentation to support that you possess sufficient funds and/or income to cover settlement costs in Ontario."

With my application, I uploaded a letter from my investment fund stating that I have an investment with them (and its number), when it started (July 2006) and how much money there is in the local currency. It more than meets the minimum funds required for a single applicant.

What would be the reason they are saying information is missing? I don't expect you to know the answer without reading the letter but just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation?

Could it be that they are just asking for bank statement because, apparently, it is mandatory even if you don't have enough money in it to meet the funds requirement? I can provide e-statements from Nov 2016 till 10th May 2017 (there are no statements available after that). Are e-statements accepted or do I need to go into the bank to get something from them?

Thanks.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Hello Folks,

I submitted my application today along with all the required proofs. However, I missed to upload the gift deed along with POF and my statement does show sudden jump in my account balance, which was transferred to my account from my Father's account.

Can someone help me here, is there a way to upload the gift deed now or I just have to wait for response from IRCC.
Someone please suggest :(
Raise a CSE and upload the gift deed.
Link to CSE webform is given in your AOR.

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Please admins and seniors, give me a hand!! please.!!

I am really really lost. Here is some facts to give context:

1) I received NOI from Ontario 3 days ago.
2) On April 2017 my brother (who lives in Canada but was here visiting at that time) gifted to me half of the required funds.
3) The deposit was made by check from a local bank here in my country.
4) OINP ask for 6 month bank statements. (They are gonna see that I got 50% of my funds 2 months ago)

Do I need a gift deed? If so, How my brother is gonna make it notarized? or is just enough to sign it by him and that's it?
I assume that you cannot notarize a document in Canada that state something that happened in other country.

Do I require a gift deed for OINP or it is just for ITA stage?

Please help me out!!

Thank you all

agj5

Jul 28, 2016
Convert your money to cash and put in your bank
Good morning pedestal-man,

I am unsure if this was in response to my query.

If yes, for what I have seen in the forum, IRCC doesn't like to see spikes in bank statements. If I convert my investments into cash and put it in my bank account, it may raise some questions and make my process more difficult that it really is needed.

The guidelines are very clear that, if you don't have enough money in your bank, you can use other sources. I have not touched this money since the investment was open and I would prefer for it to remain there.

Anyone else believes that it should be ok?

Thanks.

RahulSinena

Jun 10, 2017
Hi Folks,

For proof of funds, I want to show net worth certificate of my father and myself.
Now my father uses a different legal name in all his documents (Let say, John Carter Desouza) .But in all my docs my father's name is slightly different (Say, John Carter) . So in net worth certificate do I need to mention both the names of my father using an alias?

Thanks in advance :)

Live life

May 6, 2017
I am submitting FD as proof of funds. I will be providing the FD advice and bank letter stating the FD details and that it is free from debt and can be liquidated.

1. Do I need to submit 6 month bank statements as well?
2. Any other document to be provided?

Reactions: JPITrader
Apr 20, 2017
Hi,

I'm also doubting about what documents to send for proof of funds. My bank does not provide a reference letter with historic balance over 6 months, only balance to the date the letter is issued. So do I have to include my statements instead?

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hi guys,
Quick questions about POF..
1. 'm getting all the funds from my brother.. so i should be getting a gift deed I guess? And should i be mentioning my brother's Permanent account number anywhere? Will there even be a background check on him to see where he got the funds from??

2. Should I be disclosing all my bank accounts and credit statements/loans (which ever I have) to CIC??

3. And, if I'm showing the required amount while entry with appropriate documentation.. should I be freezing those funds even after entry?

Thanks in advance

RahulSinena

Jun 10, 2017
Hi Folks,

For proof of funds, I want to show net worth certificate of my father and myself.
Now my father uses a different legal name in all his documents (Let say, John Carter Desouza) .But in all my docs my father's name is slightly different (Say, John Carter) . So in net worth certificate do I need to mention both the names of my father using an alias?

Thanks in advance :)
Can someone please help

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
I am submitting FD as proof of funds. I will be providing the FD advice and bank letter stating the FD details and that it is free from debt and can be liquidated.

1. Do I need to submit 6 month bank statements as well?
2. Any other document to be provided?
Any FD is part of a bank account - you are okay with simply providing the Bank statement (6 months) and Bank Certificate.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Good morning pedestal-man,

I am unsure if this was in response to my query.

If yes, for what I have seen in the forum, IRCC doesn't like to see spikes in bank statements. If I convert my investments into cash and put it in my bank account, it may raise some questions and make my process more difficult that it really is needed.

The guidelines are very clear that, if you don't have enough money in your bank, you can use other sources. I have not touched this money since the investment was open and I would prefer for it to remain there.

Anyone else believes that it should be ok?

Thanks.
The thing is, Investments cannot be shown as POFs. It 'generally' is suggested to shows funds in a Bank Account. If you show anything else, they it is upto the interpretation of the case officer.

In you case you can show that funds were transferred from your investments to your Bank Account (get a certificate or a declaration from both). As long as the funds belong to you, it's all right!

Best Wishes!

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hi guys,
Quick questions about POF..
1. 'm getting all the funds from my brother.. so i should be getting a gift deed I guess? And should i be mentioning my brother's Permanent account number anywhere? Will there even be a background check on him to see where he got the funds from??

2. Should I be disclosing all my bank accounts and credit statements/loans (which ever I have) to CIC??

3. And, if I'm showing the required amount while entry with appropriate documentation.. should I be freezing those funds even after entry?

Thanks in advance
Any help here please...