+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - EE, Post ITA, Arrival

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi I have 2 banks in my home country with the required funds for federal skilled express entry. 1) GBP foreign currency account which is joint with my mother 2) USD foreign currency account which is under my name only. My queries are:
1) What exchange rate will be used to convert to CAD? When? Is there a website such as oanda currency converter that Immigration office uses to evaluate equivalent amount?

2) For the joint account (GBP foreign currency), having it written on a stamped and notorized paper that I have full access to the money for immigration purpose (signed by my mother) would be sufficient?

3) At the time of landing, do we need the entire amount in CAD in cash with us for POF? Or bank statements from home country banks would be sufficient? I will be opening a Canadian bank account after landing.

4) Can we use money from the POF while we are in Canada (before we apply for PR)? I think it takes 2 months before we can apply for PR so can we use money from POF for living expenses etc?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi I have 2 banks in my home country with the required funds for federal skilled express entry. 1) GBP foreign currency account which is joint with my mother 2) USD foreign currency account which is under my name only. My queries are:
1) What exchange rate will be used to convert to CAD? When? Is there a website such as oanda currency converter that Immigration office uses to evaluate equivalent amount?

2) For the joint account (GBP foreign currency), having it written on a stamped and notorized paper that I have full access to the money for immigration purpose (signed by my mother) would be sufficient?

3) At the time of landing, do we need the entire amount in CAD in cash with us for POF? Or bank statements from home country banks would be sufficient? I will be opening a Canadian bank account after landing.

4) Can we use money from the POF while we are in Canada (before we apply for PR)? I think it takes 2 months before we can apply for PR so can we use money from POF for living expenses etc?
1- i think it has to be in your name alone. joint accounts are only fine for married couple
3- no need to have it all in cash
4- what do you mean? you're already IN canada? or are you talking about the card?

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Guys i got a bank letter from Chase bank in the US, it has everything as asked by CIC. The only problem i see is the letter is not printed from a color printer and doesn't have email id (Address and Phone number is present). Will it work ? Thanks in advance.
Hi i have the same issue. Please was it accepted in black and white? Thanks.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Please help.
I have received an experience letter from my previous employer stating my duties below. I claimed points for NOC 3212 although I have a Biochemistry degree. Please does this letter appear sufficient for my claim. I do not have a medical laboratory degree but a Biochemistry degree. Does this matter? I have also listed the duties for NOC 3212 based on the CIC website below. Thanks.
· Duties:
o Daily logged in patients’ identification and tests details into the register

o Collected patients’ blood and other samples and prepared them for screening.

o Performed haematological tests that includes blood grouping and screening for diabetes, hepatitis and HIV/AIDS.

o Collected specimens for microbiology and chemical analysis.

o Made ready equipment needed to carryout medical analysis.

o Delivered medical results of patients to doctors during consultation.

Main duties of NOC 3212
Medical laboratory technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Collect, sort and prepare blood, tissue and other samples from patients
  • Log and validate patient samples and prepare them for testing
  • Set up medical laboratory equipment
  • Conduct routine laboratory tests and sample analyses
  • Perform quality assurance of testing techniques
  • Clean and maintain medical laboratory and medical laboratory equipment.
Pathologists' assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Prepare for autopsies by obtaining patients' medical records and arranging for radiographic examinations
  • Prepare, assist with or perform autopsies and surgical specimen examinations under pathologists' supervision
  • Dissect, examine, weigh, photograph and X-ray organs and specimens, collect tissue samples for chemical analysis and record findings
  • Discard specimens according to established safety procedures
  • Clean and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies
  • Develop and maintain processes for laboratory quality control
  • May prepare bodies for release to funeral homes following completion of autopsies
  • May supervise and train junior resident pathologists and morgue attendants.
Employment requirements
  • Medical laboratory technicians/assistants require completion of a college certificate program in medical laboratory science.
  • Certification by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science is usually required by employers for medical laboratory technicians/assistants.
  • Combined laboratory and X-ray technicians require completion of a combined laboratory X-ray technology program.
  • Pathologists' assistants require some post-secondary courses or a university degree in life sciences and Specialized on-the-job training.
  • Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology – Board of Certification or Pathologists’ Assistant Certification Examination is usually required by employers.

amit00303

Apr 16, 2019
Folks. I got the email below from IRCC:

Dear Candidate,
This is to notify you of the yearly update of settlement funds and to remind you of the Education Credential Assessment requirement.
Settlement Funds
The requirements for proof of settlement funds has changed for 2020.
Settlement funds are only required for certain candidates, depending on the program(s) you qualify for.
*Please check the Express Entry Proof of Funds web page on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website to make sure you have enough funds to be eligible to immigrate to Canada.
  • You may have to update your Express Entry profile to prove you have the required funds.
  • If you do not have sufficient funds, your profile will be removed from the Express Entry pool.
  • If you have received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) and are submitting your application, you must meet the new funds requirements.
The link Express Entry Proof of Funds lists down that all the debts have to be listed by the financial institution. If a person has a home mortgage in the home country and the value of the home according to the appraisal is more than the debt value, how can that be proved in the letter provided by the financial institution? Should an LOE be attached along with the home appraisal document? Looking forward to hearing from the group members. Thanks.

susheel1988

Feb 26, 2020
Hello Forum,

I have a quick query here, I had parked all my funds into a fixed deposit. I have received a letter from my Custodian Bank stating the balance funds and its canadian equivalent with my PAN card no and my name as the owner of the Fixed deposits which are more than 2 to 3 years old.
The letter does state that the deposit amount can be encashed anytime as per the customers instructions, subject to the Housing Finance Companies Directions 2010.
Now my query is that does the line in bold be a cause of concern? I also have a valid job offer now in Canada as I have studied here and now got a job offer post the ITA, does that mean that I do not need to produce a Proof of funds certificate at all?
I'll appreciate your response as I think I'm lacking clarity due to the line mentioned in Bold as thats reducing my confidence although should not be a concern, but just to be safe.

Thanks

prasuna94

Mar 13, 2019
I got ITA under CEC and I have money in my Indian bank account. So Is it necessary to show funds for CEC ?