ggirl

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

If I am using treasury bills as my proof of funds, do I need to still submit my bank statement?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Anyone knows if we need to take a 6 month bank statement during the landing procedure. or do we just need a letter stating the latest balance ? The problem with banks in Egypt is that banks only issue bank statements in Arabic, but they can write a letter to whom it may concern stating the balance upon request, so i will need to translate the bank statement if they request it

sharma.tarundeep

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
United States
Guys i got a bank letter from Chase bank in the US, it has everything as asked by CIC. The only problem i see is the letter is not printed from a color printer and doesn't have email id (Address and Phone number is present). Will it work ? Thanks in advance.

abdulbasit001

Feb 23, 2015
Dear Sir Asivadanac,

hope you are good and enjoying healthy life ,i am in final process of submitting my application to canada ,actually due the increasing rate of canadian dollar these day make me below few hundred dollar may be 100 -150 , my ielts is also expiring on 29 august ,i want to submit my application to avoid giving my IELTS again but at the same time i am nervous that my POF will be accepted or it will be the reason of refuse ,do help me with your kind answer to my query ,

i have maintained my account for more than six months , but due to last 17 days CAD is highly increased to PKR and INR

Thank u and stay blessed ..

mmhassan

Sep 20, 2017
Hello guys,

Please I need help with our case below as we are running out of time.
When we received the invitation to apply, all the money we had was in form of jewelry and assets, so to collect the money needed to apply we sold our car and the gold. What documents do we need to use as a proof?. Is it only the governmental legal papers that proves that we sold our car or do we need a lawyer to attend the whole process and to write an affidavit?.
Also we sold our car to a relative (cousin),he gave us the money before finalizing all the papers so the deposit date in our bank statement will be earlier than the official papers date. we planned that we will clarify that in the letter of explanation.

The point is we didn't borrow any money, but it might look like we did! what do you think we should do?.

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

The proof of funds talks about the debts and loans,

does it mean I have to show all the credit card statements and mortgage loan documents?

I usually pay in full for credit cards, so I don't have any balance left, and my funds are coming from sale of stocks and money transferred to my regular checking account. Do I have to show my investment account and checking account statements in full to show case these?

As far as I understood, I should only worry about showing my settlement funds, as long as they are not borrowed from others but when I get a bank statement this will not be visible in that. So, what else VO will ask for as proof to justify these.

Thanks in advance.

ABhola

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
09-07-2018
Hi Guys,

The proof of funds talks about the debts and loans,

does it mean I have to show all the credit card statements and mortgage loan documents?

I usually pay in full for credit cards, so I don't have any balance left, and my funds are coming from sale of stocks and money transferred to my regular checking account. Do I have to show my investment account and checking account statements in full to show case these?

As far as I understood, I should only worry about showing my settlement funds, as long as they are not borrowed from others but when I get a bank statement this will not be visible in that. So, what else VO will ask for as proof to justify these.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Bhargav,

Did you find a solution to your query? Even I'm in similar situation and need to know what all documents needs to be submitted in support. Secondly, if my latest balance in the account is above the required funds but the average of last six months is not so, then will it be an issue?

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hi Bhargav,

Did you find a solution to your query? Even I'm in similar situation and need to know what all documents needs to be submitted in support. Secondly, if my latest balance in the account is above the required funds but the average of last six months is not so, then will it be an issue?
Is this for work permit or any other process ?

lakshmikr

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Guys,
Have a query regarding Proof of Funds certificate. My husband is travelling to Canada on study permit and I am filing for my PR. In my application, I have listed him as unaccompanying and cited the reason as he travelling to Canada on his own on study permit.
In my proof of funds certificate, do I need to account for him as well as he has already provided his proof of funds certificates for the duration of his study.

eghlima

Apr 22, 2018
Hello to everybody

I have received my ITA around the beginning of September and I have applied 10th of October.

At that time I had shown proof of fund for what I stated as 20,000 CAD.

I am at the end of PR application and I hope to receive the final step soon.

The problem is that due our political and economical situation in my country (Iran), I can not acquire 20,000 CAD as a I expressed in the beginning of my application. Exchange rate for all foreign currencies are getting higher and higher. I can provide around 10,000 CA now.

Is it something that they check at Landing step when one entering the Canada?
Am I disqualified now?
Will they understand the change in situation in countries?

Thank you all in advance.

eghlima

Apr 22, 2018
Hello. I am from india.
My question is regarding proof of funds. At what stage do we need to put funds in bank account??
Hello

When I received ITA(Invitation to apply), they asked me for proof of fund along the other documents.
I just deposited the equivalent of money in bank, and I got the letter from bank two days after that and I sent it for them.

Hope it helps

Sengkang

Star Member
May 16, 2018
i have bank certificate and statement that i used for the PNP invitation that i got. that was 45 days ago and it is addressed to PNP and not to CIC?

can i still use this or must get new?

darwin900

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
1. 6 month rule doesn't exist the way you described it. What exists is IRCC asking to see 6 month average balance. That exists to ensure that these funds aren't borrowed. IRCC believes that you haven't borrowed funds if there are no suspiciously large credit activities in your account within the last 6 months. This will be proved if your 6 month average balance is sufficiently close to your current balance. Or you can prove it to them by showcasing 6 months of bank statements.

2. Actually one is allowed to sell one's asset(s) on the same day as post ITA submission and even claim those sale proceeds as valid POF. Provided one is able to prove conclusively that the asset belonged to them, was indeed sold at said price and that the sale proceeds were deposited in the bank.

3. The only 3 requirements are - at least as much money as defined by LICO, readily available to the PA, not borrowed from anywhere.
Hi Avisad,

There is alot of confusion regarding what is acceptable as proof of funds when making the express entry application. Are mutual funds acceptable given that they are cashable/liquid assets?