+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds during landing. Will my one time transfer to Canadian bank suffice?

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
I'm planning to land as a permanent resident soon but I'm not sure how I can show the proof of funds. I'm planning to transfer pretty much all of my money from my account in my home country to a newcomer's pre-arrival Canadian account. But I will only have access to that money once I visit the physical branch in Canada. Will this work as a proof of funds if CBSA asks for it? Or will I need to show funds to which I have an immediate access to. I will be carrying some cash as well but not enough to qualify for POF as most of my money will already be in Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm planning to land as a permanent resident soon but I'm not sure how I can show the proof of funds. I'm planning to transfer pretty much all of my money from my account in my home country to a newcomer's pre-arrival Canadian account. But I will only have access to that money once I visit the physical branch in Canada. Will this work as a proof of funds if CBSA asks for it? Or will I need to show funds to which I have an immediate access to. I will be carrying some cash as well but not enough to qualify for POF as most of my money will already be in Canada.
I don't believe they check this often upon arrival, relying on info provided before.

If they do - have a copy of the wire to Canadian bank, that should be enough.

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
If the account is of BMO or Scotiabank, you should have received their deposit/investment confirmation letter.