+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Balance Certificate or Bank Statements? (Or Both?)

mithunio

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I have a question on Proof of Funds. Is it okay to only show my 6 months bank statements to the visa officer or do I need to get a balance certificate from my bank? How likely that I need to show both? Please help me on this!

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to show both. 6 months is mandatory and you need official letter from bank on letter head stating your current balance in terms of CAD as per that day.

Myselfarchitect

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
NOVEMBER 6 (RCMP AND SCHEDULE A SPOUSE)
Nomination.....
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2016
You need to show 6 months bank statements and a letter from Bank on their letter head/

Ufa6174

Sep 27, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many people provide 6 month statements and they're fine. What's the point of a balance certificate if your statements show that end balance anyway?

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Is it also mandatory that balance certificate should mention the Canadian dollar equivalent of the account balance?

Also please suggest if average six months balance is also required to be mentioned on the certificate even if we are providing six months account statement?

Please guide

Regards

chasinglight

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain
I don't there needs to be a statement once the bank letter states the balance over the last six months. As the cic website said this

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

You must scan all proof of funds documents and save them as one file."

Reactions: NiyomalGalkotuwa

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
make sense!!
chasinglight said:
I don't there needs to be a statement once the bank letter states the balance over the last six months. As the cic website said this

"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.

Your financial profile includes a listing of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts. The official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months.

mithunio

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So this means, bank statements are not needed. Only the bank balance certificate is enough; am I right?

chasinglight said:

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to show your average funds over the past 6 months..so balance certificate alone wouldn't show that..
Either you can get a letter from your bank mentioning the average for the 6 months... or you can provide the bank statements.. I would suggest to provide the balance certificate in CAD as well, just to make it easier for the VO... the easier we make it for them, the better..
I combined all the possible letters my bank could provide... don't forget the letter with account opening date and relevant information as well..

Naveen John

Apr 5, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have accounts in 3 different banks but my main account is in HDFC which is also my salary account. My question is, should I provide the POF letter and 6 months statement from HDFC only or also from the other bank accounts. Thanks in advance.

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have accounts in 3 different banks but my main account is in HDFC which is also my salary account. My question is, should I provide the POF letter and 6 months statement from HDFC only or also from the other bank accounts. Thanks in advance.
Depends on the funds. If you have enough funds in HDFC, then POF from HDFC should suffice. Basically, any account in which you have enough funds to show.

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Depends on the funds. If you have enough funds in HDFC, then POF from HDFC should suffice. Basically, any account in which you have enough funds to show.
I am planning to receive POF funds from my father into my HDFC salary account (with gift deed, affidavit and LOE). HDFC will provide the necessary documents (statement and account confirmation letter) for salary account right ?

Nishita0107

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am planning to receive POF funds from my father into my HDFC salary account (with gift deed, affidavit and LOE). HDFC will provide the necessary documents (statement and account confirmation letter) for salary account right ?

Hdfc will give you a POF letter mentioning the current balance and the time frame for which you've been holding the account.

Reactions: thog89

thog89

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hdfc will give you a POF letter mentioning the current balance and the time frame for which you've been holding the account.
Thanks for the quick reply, salary account is handled the same way as a savings account right ? I am worried whether there will be any restrictions in issuing letters because it is a salary account