Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Thank you and good luck to you!

I received my ITA on January 24, 2018

The letter is dated March 19, 2018

I submitted my application on April 7, 2018

You can see the FD open dates in the letter I attached to get a sense of when my FDs were opened. I have still not liquidated them and intend to keep them as is till I don't go through immigration

vishakha0309

Sep 10, 2018
Hi... Could you please tell me how long you had your fixed deposits for? And were all these in one single account?

I received my COPR and visa so I know this probably worked.

I am sharing a link to a PDF document which is what I submitted for proof of funds along with my LIC surrender value quotation. I withdrew my PPF and transferred the amount into my Savings Account and then created a Fixed Deposit for it. I don't think I submitted my bank statements or Fixed Deposit statements. This seemed to be sufficient for them but if you have additional things to share (like bank statements) , it won't hurt. Just make sure you have a bank letter like the one attached from your bank(s). That is the most important!

DOWNLOAD HERE : https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lzDGgi-cRQckV4KXSbl1NXEbJH956ne/view?usp=sharing

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Hi... Could you please tell me how long you had your fixed deposits for? And were all these in one single account?
Please see my previous comment for FD duration.

I had all of mine in one Savings Account but that is not required. You could have them in different banks but then you will need to get bank letters from all the banks.

salgshetty

Jun 2, 2017
Thank you and good luck to you!

I received my ITA on January 24, 2018

The letter is dated March 19, 2018

I submitted my application on April 7, 2018

You can see the FD open dates in the letter I attached to get a sense of when my FDs were opened. I have still not liquidated them and intend to keep them as is till I don't go through immigration
Congratulations and All the best for the future !

unni522

Oct 6, 2018
Hi,

Can you please let me know if we can divert the settlement funds post soft landing in Canada after getting PR

djmehta33

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
I received my COPR and visa so I know this probably worked.

I am sharing a link to a PDF document which is what I submitted for proof of funds along with my LIC surrender value quotation. I withdrew my PPF and transferred the amount into my Savings Account and then created a Fixed Deposit for it. I don't think I submitted my bank statements or Fixed Deposit statements. This seemed to be sufficient for them but if you have additional things to share (like bank statements) , it won't hurt. Just make sure you have a bank letter like the one attached from your bank(s). That is the most important!

DOWNLOAD HERE : https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lzDGgi-cRQckV4KXSbl1NXEbJH956ne/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for sharing such a valuable information. I have received my ITA and your post and ICICI doc is really helpful. I am going to show one FD which is not 3 months old and looking at your bank certificate I can see you have the same thing as well. thanks again.

Saad1332

Oct 11, 2018
Hi,

I have a query. I have three bank accounts. One Salary account, one current account and one fixed deposit account.
I have the minimum POF amount in my salary and current account combined, without the FDR account.
My father opened the FDR account for me, and every month he has been putting some money (200-300 cad) in the account.

My questions are:

1. There has not been any significant deposit to any of these accounts from my parents or anyone else within last 6 months, however, the money was given by them gradually over last 3-4 years. Do I need a gift deed in this case?

2. Can I not show this account because I already fulfil the required amount just by my salary account and current account?

Thank you.

Jasdeogan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Guys i have a query
Should i need to explain the source of money even if the money was deposited before 6 month's ?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
One more if immigrantion asks for the bank statement of six months then what should be time period ? From the application was submitted or from the day he asked for explanation?
Suppose you receive an ITA in the upcoming draw, then you are 6 months should be from 1st May - 31st October

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
I have following queries on proof of funds:

a) If I am selling some Stocks to get money in my account, then do i need to worry about having ~16000 CAD in my account for last 6 months? My last 6 months average balance would be almost negligible.

b) I am selling stocks of my employer (RSU) traded in USA. I have got a document stating USD proceeds to my bank account and my bank account has a transaction of equivalent INR amount. Will this release document work to justify the sudden inflow of funds (just that the document states amounts in Dollars).

c) Can mutual funds be used as Proof of funds as i do not intend to liquidate them?

d) Can FDs irrespective of maturity be used as proof of funds?

e) I have a separate loan with a different bank. Do i need to close it before applying? If i dont mention it how are they going to know about it?

f) I can show both my and my spouse's bank accounts for funds right? Will it require any further certificate as well?

g) Is it necessary to give details of all the bank accounts that I have with different banks? As I might have loans in few bank accounts and surplus cash in others?

Swati23

Nov 10, 2018
Hello..I have queries regarding proof of funds..
Can I show funds in multiple bank account?
I have home loan for which m paying EMIs.If I use the same account for showing funds, How it would effect my PR application?
What is better to show as proof- balance statement or account transaction statement
Is it necessary to have funds in account while filling the application for express entry?