+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof Of Funds - After getting ITA - India

gautam1

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
You cannot use any property, gold or any immovable asset as proof of fund including PPF. The only Liquid fund which can easily be withdrawn from any FD, MF or RD or amount in your savings/current account can be shown as proof of funds.
Obviously, you can liquidate any fund by selling, for example, your property, car or jewelry or by surrendering insurance policy meanwhile and show it as proof of fund.
CIC point is clear, they want you to have liquid money which you can use easily once you reach there and use it for survival in case, you don't find a job(just in case).
They ask 6 months statement to know that you have not borrowed money from elsewhere. So, as far as you are able to show that from where you got money, I believe they are happy and should be acceptable.

Disclaimer: This is based on the discussion with current PR holder, agents and some who are still trying.
@piyush1132003,
I have just uploaded the letter from bank mentioning the detailsof Fixed deposit along with opening date. I have not uploaded the fixed deposit receipt. Is it going to be a problem?

Pls help

Reactions: AnkitaShukla

gautam1

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Suppose you receive an ITA in the upcoming draw, then you are 6 months should be from 1st May - 31st October
Bro, i have just uploaded a letter from bank having details of my fixed deposit and account opening date. I have not uploaded the fdr reciept. Is it going to be a problem? Pls HELP

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Bro, i have just uploaded a letter from bank having details of my fixed deposit and account opening date. I have not uploaded the fdr reciept. Is it going to be a problem? Pls HELP
I don't think so. Your bank letter should be enough :)

Somu0991

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Friends,

Is it acceptable to show EPF balance of spouse as Proof of funds along with my EPF balance?

mech.samit

Jul 10, 2018
Hello friends,

I am on PGWP and I am planning to apply for PR through the express entry.
1. As proof of funds can I show my Indian bank account and Canadian bank account details?
2. I have $12475 in my Indian account (which I transferred from my Canadian account), but the monthly average is less. Is it acceptable?

roshveen

Feb 14, 2018
Hi friends,

I have two fixed deposits which i have been keeping exactly for 6 months. ( 6500 CAD each)

During last month i put a new fixed deposit as well. (1000CAD)

When getting the statement, does my new fixed deposit would be a problem as its not been kept for a period of six months.

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all ,
If a person applies express entry while on student visa can he show GIC as a proof of funds?

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Giving back to the community.

UPDATE:
First hand report. I successfully got my PR in January 2019 using India EPFO statement as Proof of fund. Keep in mind that in my case I got a letter from the PF commissioner that the funds belong to me and there is no lien. Also, my entire fund requirement was not from EPF - It was only about 60% of the requirement.

gautam0597

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2011
Doc's Request.
All Docs except PCC sent along with Initial Application
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Giving back to the community.

UPDATE:
First hand report. I successfully got my PR in January 2019 using India EPFO statement as Proof of fund. Keep in mind that in my case I got a letter from the PF commissioner that the funds belong to me and there is no lien. Also, my entire fund requirement was not from EPF - It was only about 60% of the requirement.
Thanks buddy. Appreciate you peeping back here after u got ur visa.

Aug 26, 2017
Hi All,

A small doubt. I’m a single applicant for EE but I’m married and have a daughter of 2 years.

- Should I still show the PoF for my wife and kid even when they’re not going to join me?

I’d be so grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Vignesh

jys1199

May 28, 2019
Hello ... i have a query regarding proof of funds.

I am the initial applicant, my spouse is coming with me. we have the funds in a bank but we are currently opening a joint account in another bank. but it wont be 6 months proof of funds. what to do in this situation? and how will the immigration officer see this case?