+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of exit

Abdu

Feb 4, 2010
Guys! I landed in Canada earlier this year. After staying for a couple of months in Canada, I left for about a month and planning to return in four weeks. I heard that immigration officers usually ask about a proof of the date you left Canada. What kind of proof would they accept other than the airline ticket?

I appreciate your advice

plumosa

May 27, 2010
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
17/06/2010
File Transfer...
10/05/2010
Med's Done....
30/11/2009
Interview........
waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
an entry stamp on your passport to a different country would also be fine, but I've never had them want anything more than a verbal answer. You're not in danger of losing your status, so I'm am sure that a verbal answer is all you'll need!

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also landed and returned.
One interesting thing nowadays is that when I leave a country (canada and my residence country), there is NO stamp chopped on the passport.
So I have kept all the flight Boarding Pass for future reference.
However, as Permanant resident is required to stay 730 days in 5 years in Canada, I am wondering how will they calculate? do they just trust us, or at the airport Custom, they have record in computer/ database?

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Well I am sure they keep track and record of all a PR does or wherever he/she goes. What we see is just an officer doing his job and just 1% of what is actually taking place out there to keep record of everything and everybody.

But I think that showing your PR card upon re-entering will suffice to assure your next trip to Canada. You answer their question and they ll be just fine.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
I don't think they track much, particularly when you cross a land border with the U.S. I wasn't even asked how long I was out of Canada last time I came across.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Exit - they don't bother, as long as u have a boarding pass, u r free to leave.
Entry - they care... only about the legitimacy of your status, the PR card suffices.

Either way, there's neither an immigr. stamp, nor the pps get checked by CBSA. It's the career [airliner] who'd check your pps for an appropriate entry requirement of the country u r flying to. They, the airline scan your pps - but no reporting is done for the CIC.

And yes, as the 2nd poster responded - a verbal [typed response, for citizenship apps] is all they look for, in pretty much all cases - unless there's some doubt.

Qorax