+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Profile Status: You are a candidate." - Looking for a job offer and current Visa about to expire!

tmartihs

Mar 24, 2016
Hello!

I moved to Canada almost two years ago, I finally got my EE Profile accepted into the pool today!

However, I don't have a job offer. But, I do have some recruiters asking me about my visa status, because they have job opportunities for me.

Thing is, the recruiters are asking me that, if I pass the interviews and receive a job offer to upload to my EE Profile, how long we (the company and I) will have to wait?

This looks like a "chicken and egg problem", I mean, it is harder to receive an invitation to apply for a PR without a job offer but, it takes time to get a PR and, the company will not give me a job offer that will remain valid for months, while we wait for the new Visa, so, what to do?

Also, my current Work Permit Visa will expire in April, I lost my job here and I must to something else to stay in Canada legally, while I wait for my PR, so, what can I do? Join some English college to get a study permit? Try to extend my stay here as a "tourist"?

Thanks!
Thiago

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would tell them it will take six months - that's a decent ballpark.

Note that for what they give you to be classified as a job offer and give you job offer points - the employer has to obtain an approved LMIA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh - and you need to keep your status here valid if you want to apply for PR. You cannot apply for Express Entry if you are out of status in Canada.

tmartihs

Mar 24, 2016
Right, so, my current status is valid but it will expire in April, so, looks like that I do need a study permit or to extend my stay here somehow.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Right, so, my current status is valid but it will expire in April, so, looks like that I do need a study permit or to extend my stay here somehow.
Yes - you can certainly apply to change your status to visitor. For the study permit, you'll need to make sure the studies you take in Canada make sense in light of your previous education and experience (otherwise you can expect refusal). So for example, taking an English language program won't cut it.

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello!

I moved to Canada almost two years ago, I finally got my EE Profile accepted into the pool today!

However, I don't have a job offer. But, I do have some recruiters asking me about my visa status, because they have job opportunities for me.

Thing is, the recruiters are asking me that, if I pass the interviews and receive a job offer to upload to my EE Profile, how long we (the company and I) will have to wait?

This looks like a "chicken and egg problem", I mean, it is harder to receive an invitation to apply for a PR without a job offer but, it takes time to get a PR and, the company will not give me a job offer that will remain valid for months, while we wait for the new Visa, so, what to do?

Also, my current Work Permit Visa will expire in April, I lost my job here and I must to something else to stay in Canada legally, while I wait for my PR, so, what can I do? Join some English college to get a study permit? Try to extend my stay here as a "tourist"?

Worth to mention that I have no plans to leave Canada, even if my current visa expires. I already have a new life here in Canada, bills to pay, cars, house, my son moved with me... So, what are the implications if I stay here without a valid visa for a while?

Thanks!
Thiago
First thing to do (if you haven't done it already), retrieve all documents you need to apply (e.g. police certificates, ECA, etc), as this can take a lot of time. Then, if you think that potential employer may not hire you if the process is going to take 6 months, just check what is the average time for applications on this forum. In my case, it took 4 months and a half to get the PR (but I had to submit an additional document later on). However, I think processing time is getting a bit faster, and I heard about a coworker that got his PR in about 3 months. So, I think that when you are asked, you can say that it will take about 4 months. If you are highly skilled and in a field without too much competition, they would probably be able to wait one or maybe two extra months, if things get delayed a bit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello!

What is your CRS score?

If you have a good CRS score and are likely to get an invitation to apply (ITA) soon, you can apply for what is known as a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) as soon as you submit a completed eAPR (electronic application for permanent residence (which you can only do after you get an ITA) and receive the email Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

BOWP usually takes a couple of months to process; however, if your eAPR is deemed in complete and returned, so is your BOWP application.

Also, my current Work Permit Visa will expire in April,

So, in order to be eligible for a BOWP, you would have to meet the requirements and apply before your current permit expires.

What kind of work permit do you currently hold? LMIA-supported TWP?

BTW openly declaring that you intend to violate immigration laws on a public website is not generally a good idea if you want to stay here.

tmartihs

Mar 24, 2016
Hello jes,

My CRS is 253, looks like that it is very low. Last round it stopped at 442.

Currently, I have many job opportunities but, the companies aren't giving me a job offer because there is a long time to wait... This is frustrating.

I'm looking for a job offer now to I can increase my CRS points. So, do I need a "regular job offer" (as if I already had a PR) to upload to my EE Profile, or I still need the LMIA process, similar to Work Permit?

I have no plans to stay here illegally. I'm just a bit nervous... I can extend my visitor stay, I can join an English course and get a study permit and I'm eligible for a PR via EE, I have good options. I'll not do anything that can jeopardize my immigration process (that it is so far, very clean). I asked that because I had a friend that stayed here illegally for a while, while he was waiting for his new visa and nothing bad happened with him and his family. So, I thought that it would not be a big deal if I stayed for a few weeks / couple months without a valid visa, but, I'll not do that.

Last edited: