alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
hello everyone i am applying for re entry visa in CPP-O i am just wondering if i can apply even if i dont have a plane ticket yet ? bec my vacation is on November ...i just want to apply ahead of time...

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
Hi Cutepinay,

Yes you don't need to have travel arrangements. Just valid status in Canada for them to extend (e.g. study, work, etc.). Also, make sure your passport doesn't expire soon because they don't issue visa's past the passport expiry date.

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
hello theoffspring thank you so much for replying bec of your answer i will send my application this Sunday ...my passport expiration is on May 2014 so while on the Philippines i am going to renew it there :) thanks a bunch ^_^ ;D
theoffspring said:
Hi Cutepinay,

Yes you don't need to have travel arrangements. Just valid status in Canada for them to extend (e.g. study, work, etc.). Also, make sure your passport doesn't expire soon because they don't issue visa's past the passport expiry date.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and wanted to have update. I applied for TRV (paper application) on April 26, 2013. Application was received on April 29th. Website suggesting that they have processed applications submitted till May 17.

I sent my prepaid envelope but not activated as yet. Anyone who applied in the same days and got passports back?
Twice, I sent them email but, no response.

Any help or guidance?

Thanks

Yvans90

Nov 28, 2013
Please somebody Helped me.. I'm worried

I am an international student in Toronto. I applied Online for the Entry Visa on October 23rd, 2013 so i can go visit my family in Ivory-Coast. I received a letter from the CIC on November 18th saying to mail them my passport on express to Ottawa office. They received it on November 19th, i saw the signature on my Canada Post app but my flight is for December 18th, 2013 and i cant postpone it or cancel it. When do you think i should get my passport back or is there a way i can go take it back and redo an application from Ivory Coast?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Yvans90 said:
Please somebody Helped me.. I'm worried

I am an international student in Toronto. I applied Online for the Entry Visa on October 23rd, 2013 so i can go visit my family in Ivory-Coast. I received a letter from the CIC on November 18th saying to mail them my passport on express to Ottawa office. They received it on November 19th, i saw the signature on my Canada Post app but my flight is for December 18th, 2013 and i cant postpone it or cancel it. When do you think i should get my passport back or is there a way i can go take it back and redo an application from Ivory Coast?
They are very unpredictable in ottawa, you may receive it in a few days or in a few weeks, best thing you can do is send them an email explaining your situation, you can find their email on cic website

Yvans90

Nov 28, 2013
hello imm_leb_01

Thank you for your reply,

I emailed them, they told me the process of the was finalized since november 28th abd that i should get it back shortly.. I called them again yesterday and the lady told me that she asked them to send it urgently to me because of my flight ticket.
Do you know if i can go to their offices in Ottawa to get it myself? I am planning to go tomorrow and try it to have on friday id i do not receive it by tomorrow.
even the tracking number for the express prepaid envelop for the return of my passport has not been activated yet..
Thanks a lot for your advice

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Yvans90 said:
hello imm_leb_01

I emailed them, they told me the process of the was finalized since november 28th abd that i should get it back shortly.. I called them again yesterday and the lady told me that she asked them to send it urgently to me because of my flight ticket.
Do you know if i can go to their offices in Ottawa to get it myself? I am planning to go tomorrow and try it to have on friday id i do not receive it by tomorrow.
even the tracking number for the express prepaid envelop for the return of my passport has not been activated yet..
I am not sure if going there is going to help you , i never heard about anyone doing that, but if the lady asked them to send it urgently you should receive it very soon

Good luck and keep me posted

RSingh

Dec 11, 2013
Yvans90 ... I am in your exact situation and i have no clue when i would receive my pp. I also have a non refundable flight.. I did send them an email but got no reply can you please tell me how long u too to get your email reply and the number you called

Plz and Thank
:'(

Yvans90 said:
hello imm_leb_01