+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry visa

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
pradishs said:
Is anyone in this forum still waiting for their passport who has applied on or before 28th March or am I the only one. I saw that a bunch of people who has applied around the 13th of March received their passports last week. I have a travel planned on 1st June and hope the passport comes in by then. Have mailed CPP Ottawa the second time. Will see what they respond.
To my last two emails, CPP-O replied in 7 days. So you should expect an answer from them soon. Also, except for the last guy who posted before me "mie", I have not seen anyone wait more than 2 months to get their passport. I think there is a high change that you will get your passport back in the next 10 days.

Good luck!

pradishs

Apr 3, 2013
Hope I get mine... Have a travel planned on 1st June and might be receiving AOR/MR for my PR application next week. Need the passport badly now.. This wait is really killing

mie

Mar 3, 2012
pradishs said:
Did you send them an email to find out the status recently?
Yes, I did. They received it Mar 13. On Queue for review last April 25; currently reviewing last May 1; has been finaliZed and will be return to you shortly last May 10. I am hoping I will get it this Wed or thurs bec there is one who received hers 5 days after she got this kind of mail.

What is bothering me is there are some who got the same email as mine which was 'has been finalized' but still it took them almost a month before they received their passport.

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
I want to share my timelines and it may be helpful and give hope for the people waiting status update / stamped passport return status

Applied Online - 04/01/2013
Request letter for Passport - 5/2/2013
Sent Passport to LA Consulate (Fedex Overnight) - 5/2/2013
LA Consulate received Passport - 5/3/2013
USPS Retrun Shipment (Stamped Passports) Activated - 5/15/2013
Expected to receive package with Stamped Passports as per USPS - 5/16/2013 (TBD)

All the best...!!!

mie

Mar 3, 2012
Until now no passport in my mailbox. I couldn't believe this is happening. More than 2 mos of waiting?

mie

Mar 3, 2012
pradishs said:
I am surprised CPP Ottawa does not have an escalation mechanism to address grievances...
They emailed me that my passport was sent to me last May 13. Huh! No passport yet. Still waiting

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
mie said:
They emailed me that my passport was sent to me last May 13. Huh! No passport yet. Still waiting
Wow.. that has been a long time. Have you received it yet?

Also, are they returning it via prepaid xpresspost envelope or is it via regular mail? Regular mail, between two major urban centers normally takes 4 days nationally based on the information provided on Canada post's website. However, based on my chat with an employee, it can take upwards of 8 to 10 days.

Hope you get it soon if you haven't already

Cheers

pradishs

Apr 3, 2013
Does the status on phone change after the visa has been issued? Just wondering... I have not been getting any responses to my email.. I called the call centre, they say they do not have access to the system... I do not know whom to contact now...

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
pradishs said:
Does the status on phone change after the visa has been issued? Just wondering... I have not been getting any responses to my email.. I called the call centre, they say they do not have access to the system... I do not know whom to contact now...

Nope. The automated message does not change. All it states is the date your application was received.

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
Reading this thread just made my heart sink. 2-3 weeks to return a passport! Thats ridiculous!

I applied online on April 24th.

Still no request for passport. Even though website says processing times is 30 days they are processing applications received on the 29th of April!

Anyway, today is 36 days and counting! I have travel arrangements made for June 29th. Still a month away but I'm REALLY worried now...

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
42 days and still waiting!! Processing time just got updated to "29 days" with processing being done for applicants on May 7. I applied April 24th and haven't even received a passport request yet! I'm SO nervous as I have travel booked at the end of June.... Anyone else in the same boat?

Also, in an attempt to keep myself busy and not die of anxiety waiting for this visa lol I compiled all the responses in this forum over the last two months. Here's a handy summary for all the new folks:

http://i.imgur.com/sm2y6Bo.png