+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry visa

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
findanish said:
Is there a way to get temporary resident visa soon if there is an emergency? My grandfather is in a critical condition and I am currently in Canada on a PG work permit (valid till 22nd Feb 13). I desperately need to go back to India for approximately 2 weeks.
go back to india and than apply for a trv there. Everyone needs there visa as early as they can, nobody is given special preferences.

apoorva17

Jun 27, 2012
verveiko said:
My was delivered friday afternoon too, and monday morning somebody picked it up
Hey verveiko.. please keep me posted about your visa. my was received 2 days after you.. So please post it here when you receive your visa,

och

Oct 27, 2012
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if for some reason the application form is not signed and dated will this be a problem? I get paranoid sometimes when I don't remember if I did something right. 9 times out of 10 I would have signed it but since I can't remember if I did it or not I am getting worried as I already bought my ticket. Will they email me to send a Signed copy or will they return my application?

xiaopangya

Oct 24, 2012
verveiko said:
better for you to write email directly to ottawa and ask, probably there could be mistake with your track, probably they forgot to change it.
Finally got the answer. They actually received my application on Oct. 23rd, but for some reason, they didn't sign the package. As such, the websit of Canada Post hasn't updated the status of my application. They gave me a reference number, but have no idea what was that though```CIC has no relationship with effeciency, since I sent them more than 10 emails, they just keep replying me useless information. Finally they checked my file and gave me the right answer```

xiaopangya

Oct 24, 2012
och said:
Hi guys,

I am just wondering if for some reason the application form is not signed and dated will this be a problem? I get paranoid sometimes when I don't remember if I did something right. 9 times out of 10 I would have signed it but since I can't remember if I did it or not I am getting worried as I already bought my ticket. Will they email me to send a Signed copy or will they return my application?
Suggest you to send them email to euqiry this issue. I don't think they will inform you unless you ask first. If that happened, they will tell you how to deal with it, thus it's always better to figure it out as soon as possible.

och

Oct 27, 2012
xiaopangya said:
Suggest you to send them email to euqiry this issue. I don't think they will inform you unless you ask first. If that happened, they will tell you how to deal with it, thus it's always better to figure it out as soon as possible.
Thanks xiaopangya,

I already inquired via email and got the response that they'll be in touch if they need anything from me or they'll send it back. And asked me not to send anything to them as they are not sure they'll match it. Do you know if attaching a copy of you ticket speeds things up? Also do you know if there is an early pre- assessment of an application? Reason why I ask is that I want to know if after a few days I don't hear from them then I can conclude that everything is fine.

och

Oct 27, 2012
GOURI_S_M said:
Hi,
Can anyone give me the latest information about the CPP-O application visa processing date..

Seems like its 3 weeks from the timeline people have posted.

xiaopangya

Oct 24, 2012
och said:
Thanks xiaopangya,

I already inquired via email and got the response that they'll be in touch if they need anything from me or they'll send it back. And asked me not to send anything to them as they are not sure they'll match it. Do you know if attaching a copy of you ticket speeds things up? Also do you know if there is an early pre- assessment of an application? Reason why I ask is that I want to know if after a few days I don't hear from them then I can conclude that everything is fine.
No, I don't think so. The only emergency they'll accepet is someone gets sick or in bad condition. You can check this on the website, but I am almost sure that the ticket won't help. To them, everyone is waiting for the visa (especially at this time) to go back home for Chirstmas. The only thing you can do is as what they told you wait until they contact you. Don't worry too much, since you already sent the document, you cannot change it. I think your application is in the line waiting for the officer to review. By that time, you'll figure it out, so, now, just wait patiently. Good luck!

Curious_city

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
Doc's Request.
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
10-09-2011
Med's Done....
13-10-2011(Spouse's Med=19-01-2012):2nd Med=04-03-2013
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013(Got it back on 25/07/2013)
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
och said:
Seems like its 3 weeks from the timeline people have posted.
But their website says 97 days(=3months). I hope the 3weeks is correct.

och

Oct 27, 2012
Curious_city said:
But their website says 97 days(=3months). I hope the 3weeks is correct.

Yeah I saw that on the website and that really messed me up as I wanted to go to the UK and apply is it was going to take 3 months. When I looked on this forum and saw that it takes 3 weeks I decided to apply here cos I don't know if the UK will let me in, in the first place without a TRV back to Canada. I already bought my ticket so like you am hoping the 3 weeks is right.

xiaopangya

Oct 24, 2012
och said:
Yeah I saw that on the website and that really messed me up as I wanted to go to the UK and apply is it was going to take 3 months. When I looked on this forum and saw that it takes 3 weeks I decided to apply here cos I don't know if the UK will let me in, in the first place without a TRV back to Canada. I already bought my ticket so like you am hoping the 3 weeks is right.
I also planned a trip to UK```just booked the appointment for the UK visa, and hope I can make it``But I didn't get the ticket since I knew I might have to change it```

och

Oct 27, 2012
xiaopangya said:
I also planned a trip to UK```just booked the appointment for the UK visa, and hope I can make it``But I didn't get the ticket since I knew I might have to change it```

I know what u mean. In hindsight I should'nt have. But I had gotten my UK visa at the time and was gonna go get my TRV from London and had a rethink.

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013