01-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-06-2013
LANDED..........
18-07-2013
client23 said:
hi guys, if anyone had the same case or knows what to do please help. here is my case,
so i applied for a re-entry visa last aug10,2012 and i tracked the packge it was received by cpp-o aug15. then after a month they emailed me asking for my passport whrein i already included it with the packge. i fax them and said that, then after a week i received a reply from them stating this:

Dear Client,

Please note that our office received your passport damaged. The cover page is separated/removed from the main book.

You may provide a new passport to our office in order to continue the processing of your application.

then i send them a fax asking to return my passport. no reply from them yet. i mean how can my passport be broken if they received my papers completely fine. and its not my fault if it was broken in their possession (if it really was or they just misplaced it). now i have to go to BC to get a new one and that will cost a lot bec im from alberta. and i am sched to go for vacation this dec,already had my ticket. :mad: :( :'( please help anyone.
Its scary. Did you approached the attorney?

lalabsi

Oct 5, 2012
ronaldoyaronaldo said:
Hello

Just want to share my timeline with you

TRV application received at Ottawa on August 17th
Visa stamped on September 6th
Passport received on September 12th

good lucl

I have noticed you might have the same citizinship as i do, Jordanian. I have sent my aplication on Aug 8th, was received on Aug. 10th, and i still have no response.

indebt

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA: 12-09-2014
File Transfer...
24-09-2014 (AOR2: 21-10-2014)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-06-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015
Hi,
I sent my application yesterday through a courier (Purolator) but I forgot to include express post return envelope. Im not sure how they are going to send my passport back. Any advice on this?
Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
indebt said:
Hi,
I sent my application yesterday through a courier (Purolator) but I forgot to include express post return envelope. Im not sure how they are going to send my passport back. Any advice on this?
Thanks!
They send it back via regular mail.

lalabsi

Oct 5, 2012
I have sent my aplication on Aug 8th, was received on Aug. 10th, and i still have no response. Any ideas anyone? anyone had to wait this long? I emailed them twice, and they said its processing, in both times. I don't understand hhow most ppl it take 3-4 weels.. while mine has been 2 months.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
lalabsi said:
I have sent my aplication on Aug 8th, was received on Aug. 10th, and i still have no response. Any ideas anyone? anyone had to wait this long? I emailed them twice, and they said its processing, in both times. I don't understand hhow most ppl it take 3-4 weels.. while mine has been 2 months.
You should email the ottawa office with your UCI, Full name, dob, and ask them to check on the status of your application.

I found them quite helpful each time I emailed them.

mbdrus

Oct 11, 2012
Hi guys,

I sent my passport yesterday with the xpress envelope it got in ottawa today but I'm not sure if i sent to the right place (POBox) since im tracking it and it says it's waiting for pick up. Is it normal?
Should I try to convince the Post office to re-send to the other address (courier one) ?

I need it for my trip in middle of December...

Thanks

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
mbdrus said:
Hi guys,

I sent my passport yesterday with the xpress envelope it got in ottawa today but I'm not sure if i sent to the right place (POBox) since im tracking it and it says it's waiting for pick up. Is it normal?
Should I try to convince the Post office to re-send to the other address (courier one) ?

I need it for my trip in middle of December...

Thanks
If it is expresspost with signature/tracking, then you should use the courier address (that's the one I used). PO BOX is just a box I guess.

By the way, for those who forgot or was not aware of attaching a return pre-paid expresspost envelope just like us.
We got our passport back without problem.

It was received on Sept 17, Stamped on Oct 4, Received back in regular mail on Oct 11.

So if it is taking you longer than 4 weeks, you better call or email them. I preferred emailing them and the response has been quick, easy to understand, and experience been quite pleasant.

lalabsi

Oct 5, 2012
Today maarks NINE weeks for my passport. I emailed them twice and all they said was its processing. I understand that they can't tell me when its done. But they never even explained why its taking THAT long The last email email was this Tuesday.

mbdrus

Oct 11, 2012
Just an update. I sent my passport using xpress envelope to the POBox address, because it needs a signature they couldnt deliver it .
I called the post office they said they cannot change the address or return my envelope earlier.
But at the end someone picked up the documents from the post office the day after arrived there!

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Guys, who can help. I have a work permit, but my visa expired. Who knows, is it ok to send passport to get new visa in Ottawa while PR processing, and then leave Canada and reenter? anybody did this before? I want to pass medical check and then take a couple weeks vacation? is it safe leave canada while pr processing (provincial nominee)?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
verveiko said:
Guys, who can help. I have a work permit, but my visa expired. Who knows, is it ok to send passport to get new visa in Ottawa while PR processing, and then leave Canada and reenter? anybody did this before? I want to pass medical check and then take a couple weeks vacation? is it safe leave canada while pr processing (provincial nominee)?
Leaving Canada while your PR application is in process for a couple weeks vacation is not going to create any problems.

vchevu

May 15, 2012
I need to apply for my visa extension.....
Can anyone tell me if i need to provide a bank statement, if so for how much

I just finished my studies and got a open work permit

Thanks
Varun

Newbe

Oct 19, 2012
hello,

Just wanted to share my timeline!

TRV Application received at Ottawa office on Sept 28, 2012
Visa stamped on Oct 16, 2012
Passport received back on Oct 18, 2012

Newbe

Oct 19, 2012
vchevu said:
I need to apply for my visa extension.....
Can anyone tell me if i need to provide a bank statement, if so for how much

I just finished my studies and got a open work permit

Thanks
Varun
hi,

You don't need bank statement for TRV application anymore. You just need to enter the amount you have in your bank account/s for the specific question in the application, it can be any amount over $1. Hope this helps!