+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry visa

alebreez

Nov 12, 2012
paulapvd said:
I know, I know... I'm just giving an example of "weird" processing times they posted there. :)

Anyway, my process completes 16 days today, do you think I should e-mail them or just wait until Monday?
It is 18 business days so that makes it till Tuesday. I think you should wait till Tuesday and if the xpresspost tracking number is not in the system yet then call in Wednesday.

alebreez

Nov 12, 2012
user7866 said:
Do you know if you need visitor visa, do you still send your passport to the ottawa centre? because on thier website it says only if you have valid study or work permit? im really confused, as i used to send it in buffalo before and now they have closed that visa? im in ottawa where do i send my passort to get visa stamped? i have my visitor record till nov 2014.
To the best of my knowledge you can't get a Visa in Canada if you don't have Study/Work permit ....... I'd email them and ask about it

user7866

Dec 4, 2012
Visitors in Canada, who require a TRV, can no longer submit their application to a visa office in the United States when applying from inside Canada. They must apply either to the visa office responsible for their country of nationality, or to a visa office in a country in which they are present and have been legally admitted.

I read this at the cic.gc.ca website :s..still confused :(..i did email but no response, i guess i will go in person to the office and ask someone there

dan32

Oct 21, 2012
alebreez said:
It is 18 business days so that makes it till Tuesday. I think you should wait till Tuesday and if the xpresspost tracking number is not in the system yet then call in Wednesday.
Paulapvd and alebreez,
It is not business days, it's CALENDAR days, as the website says. My permit was approved according to the calendar days they said the application processing time was at the time they issued it.
I sent my passport to ottawa on nov 28 and they received nov 30.

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
dan32 said:
Paulapvd and alebreez,
It is not business days, it's CALENDAR days, as the website says. My permit was approved according to the calendar days they said the application processing time was at the time they issued it.
I sent my passport to ottawa on nov 28 and they received nov 30.
Calendar days for sure? So mine is late as they received on Nov, 16th. Damn, I'm nervous. I'll email them on Monday.

hai_hello381

Nov 28, 2012
when i have applied the TRV processing time was 14 days .. it's changed to 18 days now ..soo confused..
@dan32 did u get u r passport back.
Will it be of any help if i email then and ask for a status update...Or any such speed/rush processing...

Any suggestions..

dan32

Oct 21, 2012
No, they received it last week. So I'll have to wait for another 2 weeks, probably.

Paulapvd, let us know what they reply to you.

I'm also nervous as I always am when I have to wait. I keep thinking that my photo was shaded or 'did I forget one signature?'.... I was like that waiting for the permit, but everything went well.
Why did people stop posting their timelines? Is it because now we 'know' about the processing time???? Nooooo, keep posting! I almost died because I couldn't find any comments about timelines for the study permit.....

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
dan32 said:
No, they received it last week. So I'll have to wait for another 2 weeks, probably.

Paulapvd, let us know what they reply to you.

I'm also nervous as I always am when I have to wait. I keep thinking that my photo was shaded or 'did I forget one signature?'.... I was like that waiting for the permit, but everything went well.
Why did people stop posting their timelines? Is it because now we 'know' about the processing time???? Nooooo, keep posting! I almost died because I couldn't find any comments about timelines for the study permit.....

Hi!! I just checked my tracking number and it's in Richmond now!!!!!!

I'm happy now, even though I think it's weird there's no Ottawa in the tracking system, i dont get it... Can somebody explain that? It looks like it was mailed from Richmond, thats what I mean.

Anyway, I understand you.... Totally. I was like that with the permits as well, but hopefully everything will be okay. ;)

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
My timeline:

Application recieved : Nov 16th
Visa Stamped : Dec 7
Passaport arrived at my address: Dec 10

Good luck to all!

summer0579

Sep 11, 2012
Got visa, we can go home now.

Just to share my timeline:

Application received : Nov 22
Visa Stamped : Dec 7
Passport arrived at my address: Dec 12

Good luck to all!

user7866

Dec 4, 2012
I am really worried since i sent in the documetns yesterday and i just checked the tracking n it says that "they tried to deliver my documents but no one was there to pick up" :s what does that mean? should i go pick it up from post office :/..its ready to pick up it says? Also, im in ottawa as well

Soki

Nov 26, 2012
user7866 said:
I am really worried since i sent in the documetns yesterday and i just checked the tracking n it says that "they tried to deliver my documents but no one was there to pick up" :s what does that mean? should i go pick it up from post office :/..its ready to pick up it says? Also, im in ottawa as well

Don't worry..just call up canada Post...yes , you probably have to go to post office.

Soki

Nov 26, 2012
My timings:

Visa Application sent : 26 Nov
Visa stamped: 12 Dec
Delivered : 13 - Dec

Good Luck guys!

P.S. - I have sent it without proof of employment ( employment letter) , but there is no query. :)

alebreez

Nov 12, 2012
I sent mine received by Nov 26th and not yet have my passport. The Xpresspost tracking I have is not in the system yet what do you think I should do guys?

AMTOR13

Dec 17, 2012
Hi Guys,
My timeline -
- Application recieved on 29th Nov
- Visa issued on Dec 14th
- Will recieve today (Dec 17th) as i can track it on Canada Express post.

Good luck guys.