+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

Nick046

Feb 14, 2019
I sent another email and got the acknowledge of receipt after 7 minutes.
Hello
Even I am searching for the same solution
Should we send each file or one zip file and how much MB and also should we attach photos or online application doesn’t require

Nick046

Feb 14, 2019
Hello @CNP ,
I have applied for PRTD on 15th July through portal as normal application without urgency. However, today I have received a job offer who wants me to join in 2 months time. I want to change the application or atleast request the IRCC to process my application urgently. How can I do that?
Will the web form help as i haven't received AOR yet or
should I email to that PRTD application covid email id.
Please help. I don't want to lose on this job.
Thank you.
Hello
Even I am searching for the same solution
Should we send each file or one zip file and how much MB and also should we attach photos or online application doesn’t require

IlonaTovmas

Oct 8, 2022
@ssen11 Reading some of the earlier posts, I understand that you were trying to get PRTD while living in USA. I am in a similar situation like you. I entered Canada for the first time in March 2020 and returned back to USA the next day. I haven't received my PR card yet, hence I understand that I need to apply for PRTD. My question is did you finally apply for PRTD from USA? If yes, did they issue you multiple entry PRTD (for you to be able to travel to and fro between USA and Canada)?

Also, I was wondering if we need to apply for PRTD if we travel by road to Canada? Or if CoPR would suffice?

Thank you for your help,
Ajeya
Sorry I have a question, maybe you will know, do i need to aplly for PRTD if I travel by road to Canada by private vehicle?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hey Sumit, could you please explain your situation when you got your copr and how did you come back?
Hi, I had applied when I was in Canada on WP. I was in India and had no status when I got my COPR. Now, I am back to Canada after almost 3 years. You can check my timelines in my signature.

Lovepunjab93

Nov 19, 2022
Hi, I had applied when I was in Canada on WP. I was in India and had no status when I got my COPR. Now, I am back to Canada after almost 3 years. You can check my timelines in my signature.
Sorry for your delay actually I applied my pr on dec 2022 and I will planning to go india in Feb I want to know what if my copr comes while I was in india and can I apply prtd? If not then what document I need to come back?

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Sorry for your delay actually I applied my pr on dec 2022 and I will planning to go india in Feb I want to know what if my copr comes while I was in india and can I apply prtd? If not then what document I need to come back?
PRTD is for only for landed immigrant. If you receive your COPR when you are in India then you need to inform IRCC asap that you are out of Canada then they will issue you a new COPR with one time PR Visa to land.

Lovepunjab93

Nov 19, 2022
PRTD is for only for landed immigrant. If you receive your COPR when you are in India then you need to inform IRCC asap that you are out of Canada then they will issue you a new COPR with one time PR Visa to land.
I read in forum some people say ircc reversed copr if they are outside canada. What does that mean?

Lovepunjab93

Nov 19, 2022
yes, they will cancel you existing COPR if out of Canada and will issue new one.
And how long it will take to issue new one? Do I need to let them know before leaving or when I received the copr because my spouse is also added with me and I don’t know how much time they will take to process

w1t4g

Aug 17, 2019
Hey I am planning to travel to India this week. After 95 days still haven’t received PR card. Landed Sept 16th 2022. I am planning to apply for PRTD in India. Does anyone have a recent experience and how much time it is taking to get one?

nithin.canada

Feb 24, 2019
Hey I am planning to travel to India this week. After 95 days still haven’t received PR card. Landed Sept 16th 2022. I am planning to apply for PRTD in India. Does anyone have a recent experience and how much time it is taking to get one?
Hi, did you apply for PRTD? How long it took? I completed soft-landing in Oct 2022 and planning to apply for PRTD.

Thank you!

w1t4g

Aug 17, 2019
Hi, did you apply for PRTD? How long it took? I completed soft-landing in Oct 2022 and planning to apply for PRTD.

Thank you!
Yes I got my PRTD in 10 business days. Here’s timeline
Applied PRTD on pr portal on Jan 17th
Got passport request on Jan 25th
Submitted passport on Jan 30th
Got passport back on feb 13th

Reactions: nithin.canada