+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Harisha

Star Member
Aug 26, 2011
Thanks rathika for your response. Could you please tell me what questions they asked you hubby.. How long they interviewed him? my hubby and I are so worry about it.. they refused him before because of the police clearance. We expect a letter to re do medical but now they asked him to come for an interview.... i don't know what to do if they reject him again....

we expectIts already 3 years passed for us.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
Harisha said:
Thanks rathika for your response. Could you please tell me what questions they asked you hubby.. How long they interviewed him? my hubby and I are so worry about it.. they refused him before because of the police clearance. We expect a letter to re do medical but now they asked him to come for an interview.... i don't know what to do if they reject him again....

we expectIts already 3 years passed for us.

CHECK YOUR INBOX I SEND U A MESSAGE

vignes

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
30 Apr 2012
im going to join thread, I send my app on 23 jan 2012,,, now waiting game.....

I Work for GOV of canada, hope that help with app....

ipah

Dec 10, 2011
Hi all,
couldn't write for a long time. its been more than 16 months since i applied, and when we e mailed the colombo office the reply is that they are doing background check. that was there reply like 6 months ago. i redo medical and police certificate last november. still no reply.
what i guess is they have standard reply that they send to everybody.
hopefully something will happen soon.

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Ipah :when my med had been exp for 11 days i mailed them i got the same reply as yours but it worked,they called afater 3days .im going to mail them again lets c wt will b their reply. dont worry be strong .its been 12 months for me.i redo med on december .

this was their reply-------->

Dear Madam:

Please be advised that your spouse's file is presently with the case officer for review for selection and background processing. We expect this two stages to be attended to in the near future. Once these two stages are completed we will inform your spouse accordingly

Regards.

Immigration Section

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
one of my fri got call last friday after 2years of waiting
hmm she did 2 nd med & polic repor .. she gave them 3 months ago now she got call :)
tats the good news for now .
ipah dont worry ur next
rathika any news ?
mel how things r going ?

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Hi I got my AOR on 19 January 2012. They received my application in Missisagua on November 18, 2011. My husband's ecas says medicals received. We still have not submitted the police report, going to wait atleast a month before I email and ask them when he should submit it.
Vignes you and I have somewhat close timeline, lets wait and see...Most of the others in this thread should get their visa anytime now.
Mell wat is happening to you? Yours has taken more than their average time too...Have you contacted the embassy to find out why?

darshanraja

Feb 1, 2012
To all those that got a reply that background check is being completed in Colombo you will have to be patient. Most files at this embassy are going through a security screening where by CIC sends the info to CSIS (Canadian Security Inteligience Service) who are ensuring that the overseas applicant does not pose any threat to Canada. This is why some files are taking longer than other as they have been refered for Security screening.

If you have been requested to do the medical once again the most likely means that your security screening has been completed and they are ready to finalize your case. Usually within 3 months of doing the medical the visa will be isused. So my only advise to all those tha are waiting, please wait patienlty and your time will come.

rajsitha

Mar 21, 2011
Hi if you are doing a second medical how long does it take for the medical result to reach the
embassy.how long is it for amother WAIT.............thanks

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Darsanraja-thanks for ur info .

Rajsitha -if im not mistaken it takes 30 days to reach them.
i found that from my case ,my hubby checked with embassy in 30 days
after doing remed they said tat they had already received it .
for the whole process it takes 90 days .
how long its been since u dis the remed ?

ipah

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,
i have been checking this site everyday, its very helpful.
i heard from the mp. there are doing background check and it could take another 3 months according to them.
i am really upset. don't know what to do. last year also they said they are doing background check. i am so tired of waiting. i hope you guys don't have to wait like me...
I

vignes

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
30 Apr 2012
will see how it goes.. keep me update it, i will do the same..

vaali said:
Hi I got my AOR on 19 January 2012. They received my application in Missisagua on November 18, 2011. My husband's ecas says medicals received. We still have not submitted the police report, going to wait atleast a month before I email and ask them when he should submit it.
Vignes you and I have somewhat close timeline, lets wait and see...Most of the others in this thread should get their visa anytime now.
Mell wat is happening to you? Yours has taken more than their average time too...Have you contacted the embassy to find out why?

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
ipah said:
Hi,
i have been checking this site everyday, its very helpful.
i heard from the mp. there are doing background check and it could take another 3 months according to them.
i am really upset. don't know what to do. last year also they said they are doing background check. i am so tired of waiting. i hope you guys don't have to wait like me...
I
No dear .. its been 90 days since u did the remed ?? because they do reply in 90 days thats why i heard from most people . YOu dont worry keep pray .. i keep praying for people here. . you will hear the good news very very soon .. be happy

rajsitha

Mar 21, 2011
Sharmi...Thank you.the medical will be expiring in March. its a very high chance
we will not be called before the med expiers we submitted in August
for all the Colombo applicants we pray for you