july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey sharmi....dont be upset im here with u.......i haven't recieved my refusal letter as of yet...dont know when i will be recieving it....i have a long road a head of me...but im strong and confident that this long will be over soon and me and hubby will be together soon...hey sharmi dont worry you'll hear something very soon...keep praying and u'll get the result soon good luck and god bless u...

mel hi how r u girl where are u? what's happening any update?
waiting111 did u get any update?
t7 how r u man?
blueprint wuz up with u? what happened at the interview?
luci hang in their...
harisha what's happened did u hear anything from the embassy?how much did the lawyer charged u for the appeal pls share
all other hope all u get the news soon.

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
I am here and nothing on our end. Exactly 11 months since our app was in colombo. still waiting and still sad :(

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Thx Rathika,...3 days ago i sent mail to colo off and got the same reply as they have given me for 5 months :(..the diff is they used a word "in near future" in this reply lol thats it .
i went to MP yesterday.. his assi called and asked (i dont know wr he called) abt my file infront of me but they said they had already replied me by mail and said him the same reply again lol he was upset about their reply ..finally he mailed to colom off. i could see that he wasnt satisfied with their reply . he said, if they dont give more info by mail,Mp will contact colom off directly .i hope i will get the good news b4 that.
i pray for all ..

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
my husband just got call for the re med..Thank God ,,,,they told him to bring 4 photos on monday .
do they ask 4 photos for the med ? i wonder why..wt u guys think...

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
sharmi said:
my husband just got call for the re med..Thank God ,,,,they told him to bring 4 photos on monday .
do they ask 4 photos for the med ? i wonder why..wt u guys think...

hey congratssssss girl.........i told u they will call u.......... :p :p iam right and im soooo happy 4 u....u are almost their another 2months and he will be their best of luck....may god bless u

ipah

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,
I am new to this. i sent the application for spousal visa for my husband on september 2010. Colombo visa office started to process on october 2010.
He is currently in colombo and i am in canada. its been almost 15 months since i applied. our police report and medical were expired and we got it done again. i also inquired from mp here so many times. it is very frustrating. i never applied for visitor visa thinking it might affect my application.
if anybody has any idea about this let me know,
thanks,
I

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
ipah said:
Hi,
I am new to this. i sent the application for spousal visa for my husband on september 2010. Colombo visa office started to process on october 2010.
He is currently in colombo and i am in canada. its been almost 15 months since i applied. our police report and medical were expired and we got it done again. i also inquired from mp here so many times. it is very frustrating. i never applied for visitor visa thinking it might affect my application.
if anybody has any idea about this let me know,
thanks,
I
hey ipah sry to hear that u are waiting 4 a long time...hey have u tired to order the caips notes it gives u the information from the file what the visa writes and whats happening with the file....when i ordered my caips notes i found out that i was on the interview list 4 about 6 months and after they gave an interview date after the interview they refused our visa.........so i think if u order the caips notes u will have a better idea....and maybe they are doing a back ground check.........good luck any more question feel free to ask

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
hi ipah.....welcome to this forum.ive waited for 1year ..my hubby got calll for re medical just last week..b4 that ,they said my file was with the case office for the backgroud checking ...
.wt did ur mp said ?
how long its been since u gave them 2nd medical and police report .

ipah

Dec 10, 2011
thanks for replying. how do i order caips infor. he did his re medical end of november. and sent another police report as well. i am actually waiting for results of inquiry from mp.
I

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
hey ipah here are steps to ordering caips notes...is u apply this way u would pay $5.00 but i ordered through online and i paid $40.00 and it was very easy for me this way and i have just asked my husband to sign the consent form and scan and send it to that company but its up to u wheather u want to spend $40.00 the site is www.caipsnotes.com good luck

A. It can be applied for on behalf of us, by a relative or friend who is in Canada as a PR or a citizen or just staying there out of immigration legalities.

B. Payment can be made by Cheque / Money Order / Credit Card

C. A total of two forms are required to be filled up –

i. IMM5475E – Download from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf
Details – To be filled up and signed by the Applicant.
How to fill up (Preferably in Capital letters) –
Tick the box “I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canada Border Services Agency to release information from my case file to the following individual.”
1. Applicant's Full Name
2. Applicant's DOB
3. Name of Applicant's Visa Office Eg. New Delhi
Name of Country of Visa Office Eg. India
Type of Application Eg. Permanent Residence
4. Applicant's file number
5. Family Name of Requester
First Name of Requester
6. Name of firm of the Requester (if applicable)
Mailing Address of Requester
City of Requester
Province of Requester
Country of Requester
Postal Code of Requester
Telephone number of Requester
E-mail Address of Requester
7. Signature of Applicant and Date
Signature of Dependent and Date

ii. IMM5563 – Download from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp
Details – To be filled up and signed by the Requester
How to fill up (Preferably in Capital letters) –
Section A
Requester's reference number: Blank

Applicant's Family Name: Surname
Applicant's Given Name: First Name
Applicant's DOB:
Tick the box “Consent included”
Same as above 4, for every dependent

Tick the box "Access to Information Act ($5.00 fee included)"
Tick "in English"
Not very sure about this, but Tick “Receive hard copy (paper)” or “E-mail (smaller files only – only under 25 pages)”

Section B
Tick "CAIPS" under "REQUEST FOR"
Write Name of Embassy with Name of Visa Office in brackets by the side of the above line. Eg. Canadian High Commission (New Delhi)
Visa file number: Applicant's file number by the side of the above.

Section C
If paying by Cheque or Money Order check first box and fill details
If paying by Credit Card, the payer has to fill up form IMM5667E (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5667E.pdf)

Section D
Tick "This request is submitted by a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or an individual present in Canada"
Requester's Full Name
Requester's Telephone no.
Requester's Mailing Address
Requester's Email Address
Requester's Signature & date

D. Requester has to attach any document of his which confirms his/her PR / Citizenship status along with the other forms.

E. Send all of this to
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
hi any news friends ??my husband went and got the letter for the re med . hmm. i believe he ll be here soon . pray for all .

ipah

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,
thank you so much for information.
I heard from MP. my bring forward date is end of december. that is the date they decide on interview.
i was really hoping that he will be here this month. can mp call directly other than just inquiry to speed up the process.
i still want to apply for caips notes. will i be able to get more information from them.
thanks,
I

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
hi inpah

no the mp can not speed up the process. and yes if u apply 4 the caips notes u will still get the information..and if the bring forward date is end of december that is the date they will take a look at ur file.........keeping my fingers crossed 4 u..good luck