+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

onaRod

Jun 18, 2022
How about processing time for spousal sponsorship?After medical how long we need to wait for PPR?
This actually depends from case to case. Some receive their spousal visa within 6-8 months. Judging from earlier situations, as far as Colombo VO is concerned it takes around one and half months to five months to receive PPR after medical submission

Reactions: Eleesa and yoge

onaRod

Jun 18, 2022
Hi. I am Avishka from Ontario. I submitted my application online through the PR Portal for my husband who is in Sri Lanka on the 25th of August 2022. I am very curious to know roughly how long it would take for the application to be sent to the Colombo Office and to get approved. Please advise.
Hi Avishka,

For me it took 3 1/2 months to get it transferred to Colombo VO and now I am waiting for my PPR

Udayanan

May 23, 2022
This actually depends from case to case. Some receive their spousal visa within 6-8 months. Judging from earlier situations, as far as Colombo VO is concerned it takes around one and half months to five months to receive PPR after medical submission
After medical they have asked some additional documents of IMM 5406 and IMM008 so we sent it on August 1.So will I get PPR before this year?

onaRod

Jun 18, 2022
After medical they have asked some additional documents of IMM 5406 and IMM008 so we sent it on August 1.So will I get PPR before this year?
Most likely if the process continues smoothly. Can you please keep me posted if you hear back from the VO?

Nagulen priya

May 7, 2019
Hi@Vipush,

Thanks a lot. My wife did 2nd medical last May 2022, her first medical expired. I became PR (CoPR) in February 2021. Do you know how many days would it take to get back their passports from Colombo VO?
Hi dbi

When your wife 1st medical was expired?
Because my spouse visa received on April 2021 colombo immigration, my medical has expired 25th September 2022 till now no update so please tell when your wife medical was expired and when send the email for remedial?

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
Hi dbi

When your wife 1st medical was expired?
Because my spouse visa received on April 2021 colombo immigration, my medical has expired 25th September 2022 till now no update so please tell when your wife medical was expired and when send the email for remedial?
The second medical was done a month before they send the PPR, it will depend on the case. Not everyone would need a second medical. As I believe

Mareen

Star Member
Oct 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my husband's sponsorship application on June 18th,2022 through the online portal.
I live in Ontario and got married in Sri Lanka in 2021.

Here is my timeline.

June 30th, 2022 -We received the sponsor information you sent us
August 24th, 2022-Acknowledgement of receipt
October 11th, 2022 - Letter to pay for Biometrics
October 11th, 2022 -Paid online, the receipt sent through the IRCC portal ($85)
October 12th, 2022- We are pleased to inform you that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
The Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) will be forwarded to the visa office in
Colombo for further processing.

May I know the next steps please?

Reactions: Blacksilver